Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people still talk on their phones

heavens-champion

I text people more than I talk to them, but that's just because sending a text seems to be quicker than waiting for them to pick up the phone and answer. I still enjoy talking to people on the phone though, I just don't do it as much. 

Since I generally despise texting (not to mention it really eats up minutes fast on my Trac-Phone), and prefer to actually use the phone to actually talk to people, I still do.  Hell, I even tend to use my land-line that comes with my internet service because not only does it still work, even when the power is out, I get free, unlimited long-distance calls within the US.  The way I see it is that if I want to send some kind of text message, that's what email is for.

I still do. :) I hate texting – it's really slow, as I have an old phone. Pretty much the only time I send text messages to anyone is to reply to their messages (mostly birthday greetings from a couple of relatives).

• Brohoof 3

• 7 months later...

I don't make phone calls very often on my cell. I mostly text. I was the complete opposite in my teens. I didn't text, but getting in touch with me after dark was hard since I use to have a bad habit of leaving my phone in the car. lol

• Brohoof 1

I still use my phone to make calls if it is necessary, such as long conversations or if the person you’re calling doesn’t know how to text (elderly people, like my grandmother). But I use texting a lot because of how quick and convenient it is. I also use texting so I can receive memes from my friend, even if it is the same memes he’s shown me.

I still talk on my phone, but I generally try to avoid it. If it's something that's somewhat urgent, calling will result in an immediate response whereas texting might not. Similarly if there's something on the more complicated side, talking about the problem is probably the easiest and time-efficient way of handling it. I do that at work all the time; most bug reports and questions can be handled over email, but sometimes something so complex arises that it's just easier to look up their extension number and talk about it directly.

On the personal side though, I hate talking over the phone with people I'm sort of unfamiliar with. I'd sooner speak with them in person than talk with them over the phone.

Yeah, but only for support call type things, as well as when I get reminder calls (pharmacy, etc). Sometimes to call people where they're at when they pick me up or at a place and we're separated.

I hate talking on the phone. I'm not really sure why but... since I became over 18, I've had a lot of difficulties being able to do it. I end up having some major outbursts when my insurance company wants to talk to me. >< That's one of the reasons why I always prefer texting.

I honestly prefer to speak on the phone. It feels more personal and you can actually hear the tone in the other person's voice which lessens the chance of misinterpreting.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 6:19 PM, Phosphor said:

I don't make phone calls very often on my cell. I mostly text. I was the complete opposite in my teens. I didn't text, but getting in touch with me after dark was hard since I use to have a bad habit of leaving my phone in the car. lol

He he. This didn't age well. I've been using a flip phone for the past several months and hate texting on it. I find myself actually talking to people instead.  :) 

I talk on the phone more than send text messages. With text messages there is no way to know if the other person has read it, with a phone call I know if they picked up or not.

I send text messages when I cannot talk or expect the other person to be unable to talk at the moment (or it may be something like "Call me when you can") or it really does not matter when that person reads it (so, it's more like a notice, than a start of a conversation).

I used to hardly ever actually call people unless it was absolutely necessary, and with most people that is still true, but my girlfriend has somewhat changed things. :P It's a little easier when it's someone like her whom I'm really close with... and honestly she has had a rough last few weeks with deeply personal stuff going on, so getting to hear my voice really brightens her day/night when I can't be around and honestly I I love hearing her voice on a daily basis :wub:

I use my smartphone to make and receive calls a lot, with work and what not, but especially to call my boyfriend though. I know he can’t always talk and I feel bad for calling him but honestly just hearing his voice makes me so happy. :adorkable:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...