Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The movie didn't get nominated.

CastletonSnob

I'd almost go so far as to say, 'of course it wasn't.' Honestly, I can't think of any category in which the MLP movie would deserve such a prestigious award. The animation, while fluent, wasn't exactly anything special. The plot was okay at the very best. The music was good, but none of the songs, not even Open Up Your Eyes, were so good I'd take them into consideration. I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm personally not too fond of the movie, but I don't think it's strange for it not to be nominated.

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn't have mattered to me if the film got nominated or not, because I don't watch the Oscars, it's all just a bunch of hyped-up Hollywood stuff about films and people I haven't even heard of before. If they would have won, then good for them, but it still won't change my view on the film.   

Who cares? The Oscars are fake anyway.

On top of that, you basically have to go and play the virtue signalling SJW game to get into that show nowadays, who wants to do that. I at least respect Hasbro not trying to buy their way into such a craptastic show that has lost any and all meaning years ago. Oscars are a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhfxo8xPNGU

Edited by Guest
added

Let's be real, even if it did get nominated, it wouldn't have been the option to win the award.  Even outside of Coco, which despite getting the award because it's Pixar, Cartoon Saloon's The Breadwinner was also nominated, a movie that has received a lot of deserved positive buzz at film festivals.  And tbh I am more upset that Mary and the Witch's Flower was snubbed an Oscar nomination over a film adaption of a TV series.

• Brohoof 1

The movie is not that bad actually 47/77% on rotten tomatoes. If it did go last year or this year for that matter, I think it would have won some minor award.

Film awards are such a joke these days. Lots of bias, discrimination against cartoons and 2D animation, and don't even get me started on #MeToo.

Watch a movie because YOU chose to from your own personal perspective of the trailer or the synopsis, not because some dude on TV claimed it was the best or the worst due to getting an award or not. Don't be a slave to the minds of these biased morons.

Edited by Shabb3r
  • Brohoof 2