Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Karnak

(edited)

Judging from the emails and recent info from Equestria daily. MLP Gen 5 will Be the most ambitious for the entire series. Inspirations for Gen 5 seem to be, Stargate, Sliders, Gravity Falls, Star vs The Forces of Evil ect.

One of the plot heavy concepts in this might be "dimensional fusion" a way to combine the dimensional plains together. Something the villains would want.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

I hoped Gravity Falls would also be an inspiration for this. Is there any news about the villains yet. Discord maybe? :twi:

I think Gravity Falls and Star are the big inspirations for Gen 5.

As for villians 

We have two Grootslang characters(one is inspired by Danny Devito another seems to be a mastermind with a connection to Spike)

We have two wolf characters who look like they are from the movie. One was inspired by Christoph Waltz(Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained) 

So expect German/Austrian accents.

We also have a pretty cool looking Longma(dragon horse) 

We alsdo have Garble, who is decked in armor along with his gang, heard that Japanese cherry blossoms helped inspire the Dragon Dimension. 

As for Discord, he may just be the Q(Star Trek: The Next Generation) of this gen.

Edited by Karnak
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, StrawCherry said:

How do you know about this information? :huh:

Leaks and good ole 4chan.

Edited by Karnak

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2018 at 7:28 AM, R.D.Dash said:

Rick and Morty has dimensional travel as well, I don't think MLP would be prepared to go on that level.

Still, I don't think it'd be too out of place 

3 hours ago, Berry-Bliss-Sundae said:

5 generation? I want to know more! :love:

Oh yeah, there has been a big-ass leak of internal content, INCLUDING many upcoming S8 episodes up to episode 13 :dash: 

• 4 months later...

Only villains would want the dimensions to touch? Nawww... who would ever hope that Equestria would fuse with... ya know... this place where we are. Naa, surely ONLY villains would ever have an interest in doing that. *whistles innocently*

Feels very contrived and uninspired at this point though. The "Kingdom Hearts" approach to the rules of a multidimensional world (the dimensions have to be separated for a reason), has been waaaaay overdone now. Do something more clever with the idea.

I've also seen talk of planets. Like each "tribe" world is elsewhere in the same solar system, with rockets being used to travel between them.

Seriously. Nobody has any clue what is going on with G5, including if there is ANYTHING at all.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, Karnak said:

I think Gravity Falls and Star are the big inspirations for Gen 5.

As for villians 

We have two Grootslang characters(one is inspired by Danny Devito another seems to be a mastermind with a connection to Spike)

We have two wolf characters who look like they are from the movie. One was inspired by Christoph Waltz(Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained) 

So expect German/Austrian accents.

We also have a pretty cool looking Longma(dragon horse) 

We alsdo have Garble, who is decked in armor along with his gang, heard that Japanese cherry blossoms helped inspire the Dragon Dimension. 

As for Discord, he may just be the Q(Star Trek: The Next Generation) of this gen.

Hate to break it to you, but those concept images were for the 2017 movie sequel project that later got cancelled in favor of the G5 premiere film.

Edited by vgmaster9

• 1 year later...