Sign in to follow this  
Floppy Snow

Craft Memories from another world

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

(In advance, sorry if my English isn't so good. I just wanted to write something. I don't know what went wrong.)

 

Memories from Another World

 

Do you remember? This cool afternoon we spent?

We walked in the woods, fallen leaves under our steps.

Sky was shiny, hand in hand we wandered freely.

I swore I saw a deer between flowered trees.

"Impossible" you said, a bit amused.

Well you were right, I thought.

 

Do you remember? This great evening we knew?

With friends we watched a movie (it was awesome). 

Then we headed to a restaurant, they wanted to celebrate.

It was your birthday, laughs and congratulations echoed in the room.

I swore I saw wonderful candles on the cake, changing colors every second.   

"It would be super cool if true" you said, dreaming of it.

Well you were right, I thought.

 

Do you remember? This lovely night we shared?

We said goodbye to each other, we left.

I parked my car, turned off the radio.

For a moment, we gazed at the sparkling roof.

Stars were so magnificent, we could make out the Milky Way.

I swore I saw a shooting star, it was so fast and brief.

"That would be so wonderful" you said, making a wish.

Well you were right, I thought.

 

Do you remember? Those impossible times we lived?

'Cause you don't exist, you're still a dream.

Yet I know you're somewhere, you're dreaming too.

We hope, even if it's hard to believe.

Boundaries are so high, time and space won't help us.

I swore I saw your smile, I don't know anything more beautiful.

"I saw yours too, a very sincere one" you said with confidence.

Well I think...

You are right.

Edited by Floppy Snow
  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great, so detailed and vivid. While reading I could easily picture every place and setting, that autumn forest or crowded restaurant, like I was there myself. Very well done, I really enjoyed reading this! :ooh:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're English isn't too bad. Better than my Spanish. If I said something to a native speaker, they'd be real confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Divine plywood @CrystalBloodMoon Thank you for your messages! :kindness:

It's the first time I wrote a story in English indeed. Glad it wasn't too bad. :adorkable:

I was in some kind of mood yesterday. It's good to dream a little before a new week at work. :fluttershy:

I wish you a good evening everyone!

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Floppy Snow said:

@Divine plywood @CrystalBloodMoon Thank you for your messages! :kindness:

It's the first time I wrote a story in English indeed. Glad it wasn't too bad. :adorkable:

I was in some kind of mood yesterday. It's good to dream a little before a new week at work. :fluttershy:

I wish you a good evening everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what is your native language?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

If you don't mind me asking, what is your native language?

French. I translate some English fics in French sometimes. Never the other way around, though. :wau:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Floppy Snow said:

French. I translate some English fics in French sometimes. Never the other way around, though. :wau:

Why not the other way around? Does it end up sounding weird or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@CrystalBloodMoon Yes I think. I remember just now there was a time I translated a French fan comic with little dialogue in English. People said they understood it but some sentences sounded wrong. I also find it more complicated, but also more instructive. :adorkable:

Well, I think more practice is always good! :icwudt:

Do you study Spanish? I learned it a long time ago and I wasn't very good. I forgot a lot of things. :ooh:

Are you interested in other languages? I really would like to learn some Swedish one day. :dash:

Edited by Floppy Snow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Floppy Snow said:

@CrystalBloodMoon Yes I think. I remember just now there was a time I translated a French fan comic with little dialogue in English. People said they understood it but some sentences sounded wrong. I also find it more complicated, but also more instructive. :adorkable:

Well, I think more practice is always good! :icwudt:

Do you study Spanish? I learned it a long time ago and I wasn't very good. I forgot a lot of things. :ooh:

Are you interested in other languages? I really would like to learn some Swedish one day. :dash:

I can speak Japanese good enough, not exactly fluent. Spanish I'm taking a class on, and I'm not too god at it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

I can speak Japanese good enough, not exactly fluent. Spanish I'm taking a class on, and I'm not too god at it...

Well I wish you good luck with your studies then. ^^ I had a teacher in the past who said every languages have their own beauty. I think it's true. :rarity:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Floppy Snow said:

Well I wish you good luck with your studies then. ^^ I had a teacher in the past who said every languages have their own beauty. I think it's true. :rarity:

language should be singular

"every language has its own beauty"

You're talking about all languages as a whole in that context, so language is singular.

Sorry, I always point these sort of things out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

language should be singular

"every language has its own beauty"

You're talking about all languages as a whole in that context, so language is singular.

Sorry, I always point these sort of things out

Well thanks for pointing this out then! :icwudt:

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? I really liked that!

I've tried writing poetries years ago, but it didn't work out!:D

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading that...I don't know why, but I kinda felt familiar with the writer's feeling, at a certain point...However, that's really good!:smug:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peeps, please do keep off-topic comments at a minimum. There's always PMs for inquiries not pertaining to the piece showcased. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

You know what? I really liked that!

I've tried writing poetries years ago, but it didn't work out!:D

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading that...I don't know why, but I kinda felt familiar with the writer's feeling, at a certain point...However, that's really good!:smug:

Thank you for your message! :fluttershy: I'm both happy and sad knowing people experience the same feelings, we should make more group hugs! :muffins: Anyway, I wish you great times for the near future.

Perhaps poetry didn't work out for you in the past, but I'm sure you could write really good poems nowadays. You felt familiar with the feelings in this text, I'm sure you could express yours with even more talent! :twi:

18 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

Peeps, please do keep off-topic comments at a minimum. There's always PMs for inquiries not pertaining to the piece showcased. ^^

Really sorry for that. I got a bit carried away, I won't forget it in the future. Pinkie promise. :adorkable: 

  • Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.