Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I may have discovered the ancestry of the Royal Sisters

ManaMinori

For seemingly the beginning of MLP:FiM, fans of these pastel colored ponies have pondered and speculated on who the parents of Celestia and Luna might've been. Now, while I don't have a clear answer to offer for anyone who might've thought that I did, I can, however, provide what I think is pretty convincing evidence as to their (and ponykind in general)' s ancestry. The animated series, comics, and chapter books, admittedly,  don't offer us much by way of explanation as to what g4 pre-Equestria's founding was like. We get brief snippits told in "Hearth's Warming Eve" of what life was like for the three tribes of earth, unicorn, and pegasus ponies before Equestria, but one thing stands out...ponies back then were the travelling sort...picking up and moving from place to place when their environs became in inhospitable.

Now, this nomadic lifestyle is far from anything new, for those who hold to the belief that the older generations of MLP share the same timeline and reality as g4. I do, so I'll begin...well, at the beginning, with generation 1. In the g1 MLP movie “The End of Flutter Valley”, it’s mentioned that the ponies had come from somewhere else before settling into Dream Valley. Perhaps that valley eventually became the desolate land that we saw pre-Equestria's founding with the three tribes. But let's go back further still.....

To the Care Bear's land of "Peaceful Valley". Why Care Bears, you might be wondering?  Well, both franchises of Care Bears and My Little Pony started off in 1981, but interestingly enough, in the Care Bears Franchise, one of the original Care Bears and co-founder of Care-a-Lot is shown to be “Noble Heart Horse” (along with his friend, True Heart, the bear). Noble Heart and his friend are shown to have lived in Peaceful Valley, before the events of the Care Bear Movie 2- so perhaps this valley may have been the origins of MLP's ponies, and Noble Heart a very distant anscestor to our ponies. And find it most interesting, indeed, to see that Noble Heart Horse shares his mane color with one Sun Horse Princess, and a coat color to a de-powered, youthful Moon Horse Princess....take that as you will....

Additionally, in MLP g4 Fluttershy has the powers of “The Stare”- which is used to mentally manipulate creatures into carrying out her imposed will -The Care Bears also have this ability (which is called “Care Bear Stare”). And on top of that, "Care-a-Lot" sounds an awful lot like "Canterlot", the capital city of Equestria, and the hills where Celestia and Luna spent their childhood prior to Equestria's founding. So perhaps this proves that little ponies and Care Bears are, in fact, very distant relatives?

34 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

For seemingly the beginning of MLP:FiM, fans of these pastel colored ponies have pondered and speculated on who the parents of Celestia and Luna might've been. Now, while I don't have a clear answer to offer for anyone who might've thought that I did, I can, however, provide what I think is pretty convincing evidence as to their (and ponykind in general)' s ancestry. The animated series, comics, and chapter books, admittedly,  don't offer us much by way of explanation as to what g4 pre-Equestria's founding was like. We get brief snippits told in "Hearth's Warming Eve" of what life was like for the three tribes of earth, unicorn, and pegasus ponies before Equestria, but one thing stands out...ponies back then were the travelling sort...picking up and moving from place to place when their environs became in inhospitable.

Now, this nomadic lifestyle is far from anything new, for those who hold to the belief that the older generations of MLP share the same timeline and reality as g4. I do, so I'll begin...well, at the beginning, with generation 1. In the g1 MLP movie “The End of Flutter Valley”, it’s mentioned that the ponies had come from somewhere else before settling into Dream Valley. Perhaps that valley eventually became the desolate land that we saw pre-Equestria's founding with the three tribes. But let's go back further still.....

To the Care Bear's land of "Peaceful Valley". Why Care Bears, you might be wondering?  Well, both franchises of Care Bears and My Little Pony started off in 1981, but interestingly enough, in the Care Bears Franchise, one of the original Care Bears and co-founder of Care-a-Lot is shown to be “Noble Heart Horse” (along with his friend, True Heart, the bear). Noble Heart and his friend are shown to have lived in Peaceful Valley, before the events of the Care Bear Movie 2- so perhaps this valley may have been the origins of MLP's ponies, and Noble Heart a very distant anscestor to our ponies. And find it most interesting, indeed, to see that Noble Heart Horse shares his mane color with one Sun Horse Princess, and a coat color to a de-powered, youthful Moon Horse Princess....take that as you will....

Additionally, in MLP g4 Fluttershy has the powers of “The Stare”- which is used to mentally manipulate creatures into carrying out her imposed will -The Care Bears also have this ability (which is called “Care Bear Stare”). And on top of that, "Care-a-Lot" sounds an awful lot like "Canterlot", the capital city of Equestria, and the hills where Celestia and Luna spent their childhood prior to Equestria's founding. So perhaps this proves that little ponies and Care Bears are, in fact, very distant relatives?

Well it is certainly, and odd yet fun theory, but I think it's a stretch to say just because the three tribes decided to move during the famine and snow crisis that means they move whenever things are bad. The windigos were an unknown, powerful threat that was freezing all the ponies, and killing crops, moving was their only option, and honestly, I don't actually think the three tribes were outside the modern borders of Equestria, but just further away and ended up in the center. To provide an example 
Basically, the blue box is where they were, the red box is where they went, and the white box is what Equestria is now, not counting the Crystal Empire, Griffonstone, and the Dragonlands as they are not in Equestria.

Untitled.png

Edited by Ryanmahaffe