Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much weight you think Princess Celestia could lift?

Bendy

How much weight you think Princess Celestia could lift? As in gym dumbbells or beyond?

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 2

That’s an odd question, lol...:confused:

Probably a lot, she looks a lot more like a horse than most ponies, and horses can carry a lot of weight. I don’t know an exact estimate, though. :please:

Edited by Rhythm Red
Grammar
  • Brohoof 1

Given that she can move the sun, at least 1.989 × 10^30 kg [the weight of the sun]. She could probably lift more than that with her magic.

Unless you meant like, lifting with her hooves. In which case I don't have an answer for.

that's an interesting question I would say Celestia can lift 125 Ibs with each front hoof and 175 Ibs with each hind hoof and princess Luna could lift 90 Ibs with each front hoof and 120 Ibs with each hind hoof and I would say each of the castle guard ponies could lift over 400 Ibs with each front hoof and over 500 Ibs with each hind hoof because castle guards need to be buff to protect the empire

I would say Pinkie Pie could lift 75 Ibs with each front hoof and 100 Ibs with each hind hoof

I would say Applejack could lift 300 Ibs with each front hoof and 450 Ibs with each hind hoof since shes a famer and does a lot more manual labor than Pinkie Pie you have to be buff for Manual Labor and Pinkie Pie doesn't do Manual Labor

I would say Fluttershy could lift 25 Ibs with each front hoof and 35 Ibs with each hind hoof Fluttershy isn't very strong when it comes to the other ponies

Edited by NathanW200

I think I've spent over 2 hours trying to figure this and I can't come to what I consider a solid conclusion which has really pissed me off.

First I went about comparing things like chariots and carriages in the show to real life examples but those require a pulling force and I don't know how to convert that lift because it's easier to pull a heavy weight than it is to lift one, especially when you factor in how wheels reduce friction. In general horses can lift up to 20% of their own weight on their backs but that doesn't factor in additional lift from her wings or her own weight, neither of which I have the slightest clue as how to figure out. If she wanted to though, I'm pretty sure she could toss a carriage without the use of her magic but it's still be an effort.

Edited by SharpWit

8 minutes ago, Right? said:

With or without you magic? With magic she can lift the sun all day, which is pretty heavy. :dash:

Equestria's sun doesn't seem to work like ours.

E.g., from what I've seen, their world appears to work via geocentrism (as opposed to our heliocentrism).

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Equestria's sun doesn't seem to work like ours.

E.g., from what I've seen, their world appears to work via geocentrism (as opposed to our heliocentrism).

So you mean their world is flat like they thought it was in the middle ages?

Edited by Right?

9 minutes ago, Right? said:

So you mean their world is flat like they thought it was in the middle ages?

Either that, or it's just the center of a private solar system somewhere in their dimension.

E.g., the left represents ours, and the right represents theirs:

Apparent_retrograde_motion.gif

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Either that, or it's just the center of a private solar system somewhere in their dimension.

E.g., the left represents ours, and the right represents theirs:

Apparent_retrograde_motion.gif

I call the right one the AppleJack system. :P

Jokes aside, I like that idea. I was always wondering where Celestia put the sun when it was down. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, Artimis Whooves said:

Given that she can move the sun, at least 1.989 × 10^30 kg [the weight of the sun]. She could probably lift more than that with her magic.

Her moving the sun is probably due to some special magical connection to it. Outside of that, we haven't seen much to indicate the limits there. A skilled unicorn can easily lift an adult pony with their levitation, so Celestial should be able to lift a good deal more at least.