Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Alicorn's Ailment (Retry)

Loyal Defender

(NOTE! NO ONE ELSE MAY JOIN THIS RP! THE PRIVATE TAG WOULDN'T WORK SO I HAD TO USE OPEN!)

Many ponies' lives start out happy. They start out wonderful and beautiful.Others' lives, though....they don't become as happy as any one pony's life would. Sometimes they sit and wonder about how friendships would even form. They wonder if they would be happy in life. Well...this story is all about how meeting one pony turned my life completely around. This....is the story of my first and best friendships I'd ever gotten to know in my entire life.

It started out fine one day, when I was just strolling through Ponyville. I had just moved in. I hardly knew anypony, though, as I felt nervous about meeting anyone. Some gave me strange looks. Others simply moved on with their day....but little had I known, there was yet another Alicorn in the vicinity. One more....understanding. I wound up almost running into her in the Baron Burger, a supposed common restaurant. I didn't know such a place had existed. By coincidence, I sat on one booth, and she sat in the one behind me. She couldn't help but wonder what another Alicorn was doing here....so she spoke to me before I spoke to her.

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

Hello? 

I don't believe I've seen you around here before &

Pinkie Pie's usually the first one to inform me when somepony new arrives in Ponyville.

Oh, *giggle-snort* I haven't even introduced myself yet, how incredibly rude of me. :P

My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle or if you would rather, just plain Twilight Sparkle is perfectly alright with me. 

What's your name?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

At first, I didn't really want to speak to her. I was....a little shy, too, considering I knew nothing of this town. But she WAS a Princess, as stated, and it was better to respect that. "Um...it's..it's Loyal Defender, but...Loyal is fine.." It was difficult just to make one response. Was I this nervous? Well...who could blame me?

"It's rather nice to get to meet you, Princess. If you didn't already guess, I'm new here. Moved here a day ago and I'm still trying to adjust to life here. So far, no one's seemed to have poked fun at what I look like, which is a relief. But I'm glad someone friendly is talking to me." I was hoping I didn't just mess up trying to talk to somepony. I'd feel even worse if I did. The last thing you wanna do in a friendly banter is say the wrong thing. That'd be....humiliating.

(My mistake, it's around 800-830 characters to post.)

(Wait...you only had to post 300 characters in your response...how'd you do it?)

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, that's wonderful to hear, Loyal!

I'm *so* happy to see that nopony has treated you differently because...*Looks Loyal over* You're an Alicorn!? :o:D

Ohmigosh, this is incredible! I've *never* seen an Alicorn outside of Equestria before! 

Tell me, how did you earn your wings?

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(Oh, wait, I'm stupid, my bad, I forgot that you edited replies into your own. XD)

So far, no one's seemed to have poked fun at what I look like, which is a relief. But I'm glad someone friendly is talking to me." I was hoping I didn't just mess up trying to talk to somepony. I'd feel even worse if I did. The last thing you wanna do in a friendly banter is say the wrong thing. That'd be....humiliating.

Oh, that's wonderful to hear, Loyal!

I'm *so* happy to see that nopony has treated you differently because...*Looks Loyal over* You're an Alicorn!? 

Ohmigosh, this is incredible! I've *never* seen an Alicorn outside of Equestria before, tell me, how did you earn your wings?

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you...” I really hoped if I did tell her, she'd at least understand...

• Brohoof 1

I'm *so* sorry to hear that, Loyal. :sunny: *Hugs*

Some ponies can be very closed-minded about the things they don't understand.

However, it's up to you to be the bigger pony, look at them & proudly say: "I don't care what anypony says, I'm special just the way I am!" :proud:

(Wait...you only had to post 300 characters in your response...how'd you do it?)*

*(I copied my post and edited it right after posting it.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Wow. :o That is *very* interesting, Loyal

Do you mind if I take you to visit my mentor Princess Celestia in Canterlot?

I'm certain that she will know a lot more about Alicorn genetics than I do.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I don’t know why, but I felt an urge to make this easier. In an instant my horn glowed, surrounding us both in a navy blue aura, and in a flash, we both were gone and a lot closer to the train station. Maybe about halfway there.

(Here, use this to make it easier.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Brohoof 1

*After what felt like a very short hour and a half Loyal Defender & Twilight Sparkle reached Canterlot &

were (Hopefully) one step closer to their meeting with Princess Celestia*

*Worried, breathing fast* Ooh, I hope Princess Celestia isn't busy visiting dignitaries in Saddle Arabia this week. :sunny:

(Thank You.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Well, the thing is, this was sort've a spur of the moment trip & my assistant, Spike is visiting friends in The Changeling Kingdom 

for the next few days so, I couldn't have sent The Princess a warning even if I wanted to. :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

“Oh….well, I’m sure we’ll get lucky and be able to meet her. Even if not, isn’t Princess Luna avaliable?” I knew who the Princesses were from reading up on them in books.

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

No, it’s better we know if we’re too late or not.”

• Brohoof 1

*Twilight gives a weak smile to Loyal as they approach the castle gaurds*

*One of the guards spots Loyal, confused*

Loyal Defender?

Son, is that you?

I'm sorry, *you're* his father?! :blink:

*Bows* Indeed, Princess Twilight. My name is Gallant Knight.

(Sorry if I'm ruining your headcanon, I just got inspired. :lie:)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(edited)

(Actually, I can make this work! See, when parents don't come back, kids don't know if they're still alive or not and move on. So...you see where I'm going with this.)

I just stood there, in shock. I couldn’t move, nor speak...this couldn’t be happening..

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

(Oh, whoops! I forgot about that but I'm glad I haven't totally derailed anything.)

*Gallant Knight stands in disbelief seeing his son standing before him*

It's been a long time, son.

*Gallant Knight smiles & extends his arm for a hoofshake but Loyal pulls away*

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Dad, you’re…..you’re...a-ali….hhng..….” I keeled over, straight up passing out from shock.

• Brohoof 1

(I was expecting more resentment and anger, TBH but fainting is good, too. :))

*Sighs heavily & shakes head*

Some things never change.

C'mon Princess *Ugnf* grab a leg!

*Gallant Knight & Princess Twilight carry Loyal Defender to Canterlot Castle where Loyal wakes up in a bed chamber*

Edited by Sparklefan1234