Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Alicorn's Ailment (Retry)

Loyal Defender

“Unnhh….wh….what...happened..”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Brohoof 1

We uhh...Met your father. :lie:

*Gallant Knight steps forward, concerned but trying not to show it* 

Are you alright, Loyal? :mellow:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(Gtg eat, or gonna check)

"Y-You can't possibly be alive! I read it in the Daily Chariot! You and mom....you died.."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

•  
  • Brohoof 1

Where in Equestria did you hear that!? :blink:

*Sigh* I suppose you're old enough now to hear the truth.

I was called upon to join the Royal Canterlot Reserves & your mother is part of the Royal Canterlot Ballet Company.

You were so young and your mother didn't want to worry you so, she told your Great Aunt Golden Shield

to make something up to help put your mind at ease.

Some "great" aunt she is. :okiedokieloki:

I'm *so* sorry we put you through that, Son. :(

Edited by Sparklefan1234

“She….she told me you died just to cover for a truth I would’ve been less scarred about?”

• Brohoof 1

But...why couldn’t you just send a letter or something?”

• Brohoof 1

I've never been a big fan've writing letters & your mother...I'm not sure *why* she hasn't written to you.

(I hope I'm not messing everything up *too* badly.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(You're not, I'm liking dis)

“So all this time, while I’ve been worried sick, alone for years, without anyone celebrating Hearth’s Warming with me, you’ve been training all this time without regard of getting into sending letters to your only son.”

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes things happen that you just can't plan for! :angry:

*Regains composure & *immediately* regrets shouting at Loyal*

I-I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean to yell. :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

“On another note...at least I’m just one town away now.”

• Brohoof 1

That's good.

*Looks up at the sky* 

I uh...I have to get back to work.

Ah-I'll come'n see you later alright, Loyal? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(Sorry, went to eat.)

"Uhm....s-sure, Dad. I'll see you around...thankfully."

•  
  • Brohoof 1

(I understand. :))

*Awkwardly*

Well, *that* sure was a nice surprise, wasn't it?... :lie: *Hangs head in shame*

*Sees Loyal visibly upset & trots over to comfort him* 

Are you alright, Loyal? :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

I can’t believe he’s alive….i thought….I thought he was gone forever.”

• Brohoof 1

I can see how that would be quite the revelation for you,

including the fact that you just found out that your mother is alive, too.

That must take an *enormous* amount of the pressure off of you, right? :adorkable:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Yeah, but...my aunt decided telling a young colt their parents died was the best thing..”

• Brohoof 1

“OH, don’t worry, sweetie, maybe they just went on a walk, went to get groceries, or died and aren’t coming back! The latter sounds reasonable.”

•  
  • Brohoof 1

"Eesh...I need a break from all this. So, should we just wait until tomorrow to speak to Celestia?"

• Brohoof 1

Alright.

Would you like something to eat before bed? I can ask the cook to make you a sandwich. :rarity:

Sure. Much obliged, Princess.”

• Brohoof 1

I looked around the room, stopping at the telescope peering out the window. Approaching it, I noticed the sun going down and the moon going up. I remembered something I used to do when I was little, how I’d always peer into my telescope my parents got me to look at craters on the moon. So I looked into it, seeing beautiful details.

• Brohoof 1