Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why have none of the "Humane Six" asked to go to Equestria?

KillerKingBakudan

4 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Possibly not canon, but in the outtakes reel for one movie, the two Pinkie Pies swap places though the portal...

pinkie.gif

Knowing Pinks, I'm not so sure about dissmising it's canonocity  :dash:

4 hours ago, Gachin said:

Welp it depends; if we follow logic, then they WOULD be talking to their younger selves. But who knows; maybe Hasbro doesn't care about logic, and will just have them being the same? You see what I mean? For exemple Twilight when the show started already was living alone and managed the library; she even was a princess when she went to the EG world; and yet she behaved like a high school teenager all along, so...

That could still be fun. 

22 hours ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Because the plot of the series doesn't call for it.

Look back at the older generations of MLP where humans interacted with the ponies. I mean, in my opinion, those generations were awful anyway...

Maybe the humane 6 have some deja vu about the ancient horror named Mlp the old generation so they dont want to go down that path. Their instincts tell them not to.

7 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Probably because Sunset Shimmer has told them how much of a horror show Equestria truly is. 

The vast majority of monsters, demons and deities from the mythos of the human world are very real in Equestria. 

Dragons, Changelings, Sirens, Manticores, Chimeras, Plant Monsters, Centaur, Hydras, Giant Eels, The Cerberus, and literal Tarturus, the pit of lost souls where the gods of death reside. Not to mention things they can't even imagine, like crocodiles made of rock, wolves made of wood, bears made of stars, ponies made of darkness, and whatever the buck Discord is.

Not to mention all the magic and curses that exist. There's a real possibility that you can be turned to stone, sent to the orbiting moon, banished out of reality, have your memories and emotions cursed, get possessed by books, amulets, and sentient darkness or imprisoned in literal hell. 

Plus there's no wi-fi. 

So why would any of them want to risk their lives and sanity to visit the love child world of Tolkien and Lovecraft again? 

Because as dangerous as those creatures are, Equestrian society is seldom threatened by them. You don't see ponies constantly looking over their shoulders in fear that something will creep up to them and hurt them. Sunset certainly didn't. The Humane Six are 10x more likely to die in a car accident in their own world.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Because as dangerous as those creatures are, Equestrian society is seldom threatened by them. You don't see ponies constantly looking over their shoulders in fear that something will creep up to them and hurt them. Sunset certainly didn't. The Humane Six are 10x more likely to die in a car accident in their own world.

It may not have bothered her, but the fact they exist at all and that's there's even a slight chance of such encounters happening might make the humane 6 hesitant on visiting. Sunset knows it's not a problem, but do the humane 6? Context is key. 

On 2018-03-15 at 8:52 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

They all know that Sunset's really a pony from another world, and they also know that recent developments with the portal have allowed her to go between worlds any time she wants. So why haven't they expressed interest in going with her to Equestria and experiencing what it's like there? Don't they want to find out what it's like to live in the body of a pony? Don't they want to see Princess Twilight again and catch up with her?

Starlight got to visit their world for a few days, so it would make sense for Sunset to invite the rest of her friends to the other side of the portal. She can bring each of them to Equestria on separate trips if need be, to keep from disrupting whatever balance Celestia was talking about in EQG1 (which I still think is an unfounded claim, since both Twilights have already met and nothing happened).

If nothing else, it'd be interesting to see how the Humane Six's pony designs would differ from the original Mane Six, and what would happen if they crossed paths with each other. Meghan McCarthy already confirmed that it's technically possible, plus it also gives Hasbro another opportunity to sell more toys. So why not make this a focus in a new EQG special?

Hi, as this topic is about the Equestria Girls characters, it has been moved to the appropriate board.

• 3 weeks later...

Truthfully, I just want to see one or more of the born-humans to visit just because I think it'd be really great to see them be amazed at the fantastical environment unlike anything they've seen before, reacting to being in such a peculiar and different body, and adapting to their special abilities and walking on hooves. It feels like it writes itself.

• Brohoof 3

On 3/16/2018 at 4:27 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Probably because Sunset Shimmer has told them how much of a horror show Equestria truly is. 

The vast majority of monsters, demons and deities from the mythos of the human world are very real in Equestria. 

Dragons, Changelings, Sirens, Manticores, Chimeras, Plant Monsters, Centaur, Hydras, Giant Eels, The Cerberus, and literal Tarturus, the pit of lost souls where the gods of death reside. Not to mention things they can't even imagine, like crocodiles made of rock, wolves made of wood, bears made of stars, ponies made of darkness, and whatever the buck Discord is.

Not to mention all the magic and curses that exist. There's a real possibility that you can be turned to stone, sent to the orbiting moon, banished out of reality, have your memories and emotions cursed, get possessed by books, amulets, and sentient darkness or imprisoned in literal hell. 

Plus there's no wi-fi. 

So why would any of them want to risk their lives and sanity to visit the love child world of Tolkien and Lovecraft again? 

Sounds like a good spot for a vacation to me :)  I'd take battling demons over wrestling with a 1040 form any day.

10 hours ago, Skytower said:

Sounds like a good spot for a vacation to me :)  I'd take battling demons over wrestling with a 1040 form any day.

Vacation indeed... don't need to fill out the Equestrian tax forms, and you might even avoid a monster attack if you're lucky. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another thing I forgot about before - I think there's a pretty easy way to work around possible confusion, and that's what this artist did: have their manes be different to match their human hair, and have them keep one or two accessories. Problem solved.

EqG Ponified Pinkie Pie

Anyway, any of you guys have an idea on what the plot of this would be like?

I already have two different ideas in mind:

-Twilight gets permission from a reluctant Sunset to explore for a few hours to satisfy her scientific curiosity. But Twilight becomes so eager that she ignores the warnings and gets herself in trouble.

-Rainbow accidentally kicks her favorite soccer ball through the portal, and impulsively feels the need to run after it. Unfortunately, the ball ends up going much further than she could've expected and must cope with her new form to get it.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 6

20 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

Here's another thing I forgot about before - I think there's a pretty easy way to work around possible confusion, and that's what this artist did: have their manes be different to match their human hair, and have them keep one or two accessories. Problem solved.

EqG Ponified Pinkie Pie

Anyway, any of you guys have an idea on what the plot of this would be like?

I already have two different ideas in mind:

-Twilight gets permission from a reluctant Sunset to explore for a few hours to satisfy her scientific curiosity. But Twilight becomes so eager that she ignores the warnings and gets herself in trouble.

-Rainbow accidentally kicks her favorite soccer ball through the portal, and impulsively feels the need to run after it. Unfortunately, the ball ends up going much further than she could've expected and must cope with her new form to get it.

My idea would for the plot would be that of a series finale for G4's EQG.  It would be senior year, and graduation is quickly approaching, which would be leading to Sunset feeling homesick for Equestria.  The girls at this point would have been dealing with magical shenanigans at this point, and some such as Fluttershy and Applejack would want to move on with their lives and go to college/the workforce/be there for their family and not have to worry about facing dangerous magical threats all the time. However, the magic leaking out of the portal would finally get out of control and cause chaos such as what happened in Friendship Games with those plant vines, and or the balance between both worlds becoming unstable leading to portals to Equestria being created such as what Midnight Sparkle created.  After being overwhelmed, the main 7 would visit Equestria to talk to Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia on what to do.  They come to the conclusion that by destroying the portal, the magic leaking to earth would no longer be a problem.  However this would cause a divide in the group, given some such as Sci Twi and Sunset would be against destroying the portal, while Fluttershy and Applejack would agree that it would be the best course of action.  However they would manage to find a solution that would require them to not destroy the portal.  Maybe involving the main 7 and mane 6 working together and using their combined magic of the geodes and elements of harmony in order to save the day.  The portals would be kept open, and as a result of the event, magic and Equestria would have been revealed to earth, and Sunset and the others would become earth's ambassadors to Equestria.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, probably the same reason that the Mane Six didn’t go with Twilight in the first movie. That it would “upset the balance between the two worlds” as Celestia put it. It would be just as bad having two human copies in the human world as it would two pony copies in the pony world. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but if they were to do it now they would just be ignoring the base that had been put down from the very introduction of Equestria Girls.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think the biggest reason for them not going to the pony world is more so out of respect for Sunset's and/or pony Twilight's wishes.  First there would be confusion with the characters and you're assuming they'd not have cutie marks or even look different.  Seriously, the only difference between Sci-twi and Princess Twilight is their hair style (which in Legend of Everfree showed that Sci-twi's hair would look like Princess Twilight's if she didn't have it up) and that Sci-twi wears glasses.   As for the clothing accessories... seems the portal removes clothes (from human to pony) and converts other items like backpacks into it's alternate universe counterpart (saddle bags to Backpacks and vice versa).  So if they went through the portal, they'd not have any clothes on.

As for cutie marks... again it's an assumption they'd just not have them.  (minus the pinki pie shorts) we've not seen a character born in the human world go into the pony world.  And if you noticed, every EG girl has their cutie mark on their outfit in some way. (in their 'normal' attires... not counting Sci-twi's Crystal prep uniform).

12 hours ago, JCKane said:

Honestly, I think the biggest reason for them not going to the pony world is more so out of respect for Sunset's and/or pony Twilight's wishes.  First there would be confusion with the characters and you're assuming they'd not have cutie marks or even look different.  Seriously, the only difference between Sci-twi and Princess Twilight is their hair style (which in Legend of Everfree showed that Sci-twi's hair would look like Princess Twilight's if she didn't have it up) and that Sci-twi wears glasses.   As for the clothing accessories... seems the portal removes clothes (from human to pony) and converts other items like backpacks into it's alternate universe counterpart (saddle bags to Backpacks and vice versa).  So if they went through the portal, they'd not have any clothes on.

As for cutie marks... again it's an assumption they'd just not have them.  (minus the pinki pie shorts) we've not seen a character born in the human world go into the pony world.  And if you noticed, every EG girl has their cutie mark on their outfit in some way. (in their 'normal' attires... not counting Sci-twi's Crystal prep uniform).

Fair argument, but I'd counter by saying that some accessories worn by human could translate to pony form if they go through that way and not the other. And beyond that, I think a slight inconsistency in this regard would very much be excusable specifically because it would avoid the "identical appearance" issue. Just sort of an artistic plot device.

Besides, my ideas listed a few posts above would avoid the "respect for Sunset and pony Twilight's wishes" part. One would have Sci-Twi (reluctantly) get Sunset's permission, while in the other Rainbow would simply sneak her way through without either of them knowing (at least at first).

I don't know, I just feel there's way too much potential with this idea, to the point where I'm surprised they haven't done anything with it yet. Like I said, it practically writes itself, and I love stories where characters have to survive in a form different from their own.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Fair argument, but I'd counter by saying that some accessories worn by human could translate to pony form if they go through that way and not the other. And beyond that, I think a slight inconsistency in this regard would very much be excusable specifically because it would avoid the "identical appearance" issue. Just sort of an artistic plot device.

Besides, my ideas listed a few posts above would avoid the "respect for Sunset and pony Twilight's wishes" part. One would have Sci-Twi (reluctantly) get Sunset's permission, while in the other Rainbow would simply sneak her way through without either of them knowing (at least at first).

I don't know, I just feel there's way too much potential with this idea, to the point where I'm surprised they haven't done anything with it yet. Like I said, it practically writes itself, and I love stories where characters have to survive in a form different from their own.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against the idea at all.  I'm just pointing out the reasons why it's not happened as of yet, and how the clothing thing wouldn't work.

That's not to say they couldn't say, put on some kind of outfit/accessory once they entered the pony world.  I could see at the beginning of their 'arrival' they're like "Hey we can't tell each other apart" in which they're like "Ok here put this on, now we can tell you apart".  it's pretty simple and doesn't have to 'make the portal change them' or what not.

And I also agree with the enjoyment of seeing characters having to get accustomed to other forms... why I enjoyed it when pony twilight got to the human world.. and when Sunset went back to the pony world after some time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Knowing Pinks, I'm not so sure about dissmising it's canonocity  :dash:

Especially given her speach when Twilight is trying to come clean in the first movie. Just a hunch she say's but if she's been doing revolving dimensions with her counterparts she could have very well known from the start. They may have even swapped back mid adventure given the pony pinky knew about flash.

• 1 month later...
(edited)
On 3/16/2018 at 7:58 PM, Lambdadelta said:

Maybe the humane 6 have some deja vu about the ancient horror named Mlp the old generation so they dont want to go down that path. Their instincts tell them not to.

Pinkie Pie probably told them. No doubt there.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:13 AM, Senko said:

Especially given her speach when Twilight is trying to come clean in the first movie. Just a hunch she say's but if she's been doing revolving dimensions with her counterparts she could have very well known from the start. They may have even swapped back mid adventure given the pony pinky knew about flash.

During and before the events of the first and second movie, I very much doubt that Pinkie Pie went through the portal at all. Before Twilight left, she curiously took a look through the portal. When Twilight left, Pinkie Pie tried to jump through the portal, but failed, and looked quite disappointed. Either she had never seen Equestria before then, or she had been there, but thirty moons ago.

Edited by Melody2222

• 2 years later...

I am sure they would have asked if they wanted. But they were high school brats. Only caring about themselves. It was a wonder they were friends to begin with

8 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

I am sure they would have asked if they wanted. But they were high school brats. Only caring about themselves. It was a wonder they were friends to begin with

This topic is moot now anyhow - pretty much the whole school end up passing though Equestria during Spring Breakdown.

51 minutes ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

This topic is moot now anyhow - pretty much the whole school end up passing though Equestria during Spring Breakdown.

And yet, somehow they chose to go back, to make that "I'm on a yacht" song :worry: Instead of staying in Equestria!?

On 10/29/2020 at 5:30 AM, Funtime Splashee said:

But they were high school brats. Only caring about themselves. It was a wonder they were friends to begin with

They really don't seem that different from their pony counterparts to me.   

On 10/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, Funtime Splashee said:

And yet, somehow they chose to go back, to make that "I'm on a yacht" song :worry: Instead of staying in Equestria!?

Staying in an alien world where there's even more scary magic and you're stuck in a strange new body honestly doesn't seem that appealing to me.