Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ace Attorney On Switch (Capcom please don't screw this up)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/rumour_capcom_creating_new_ace_attorney_for_switch_alongside_collections_of_past_entries

So this came about in November last year, but since then Capcom has released the Megaman Legacy Collection in this fashion and has indeed mentioned they want to continue the Ace Attorney games on the Switch, as they have proven to be one of Nintendo's nicest little niche titles on the DS and 3DS with a dedicated following, myself included! I know @Envy is a big fan of this series and I'm sure plenty of users here are as well. A full release of the entire main series on the Switch would be a great boon to the Switch's library (inb4 no more ports!) as there are many people who actually have never played these games. They were always relatively niche titles and many of us were sad that Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice were never physically released in the US, so this could be a chance to have a physical copy out there.

Now sadly Capcom doesn't have the BEST track record with handling the series as they have made some mistakes in the past such as:

• Not porting Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2 to the west citing poor sales of the first game, despite a fan translation being made because the demand was high enough to justify it.
  • Locking out a DLC from Dual Destinies from the west because they claimed Americans would not be able to figure out the puzzles that "required heavy knowledge of Japan to do" despite living in an age of the internet where people could look up and research this stuff.
  • Making the previous two entries eShop exclusive.
  • Not releasing a prequel game in the west that people were demanding.

But this DOES bring me to another fear I have:

Capcom released the Legacy Collection for Megaman on the Switch in the dumbest way possible... Megaman 8 and 9 were download codes... Defeating the purpose of releasing a physical copy if there is going to be a download code for two of the games. Why? Because half the point of physical copies is preservation and sharing. If I want to let my wife play these games, now she can't play them on HER Switch because I had to redeem the codes, etc. Also makes them worthless buying used as well.

Please Capcom do this right this time and lead into a new game the RIGHT way.

This is a good idea, especially considering people have been wanting to see a full HD release of these games, bonus points if they include the Miles Edgeworth games too(though I'd doubt it), it's especially a good idea if this is supposed to lead up new game  if the source is to be believed

It'd be really frustrating if they split releases for this too though. I don't know why Capcom thinks this is a good idea, doing this with Megaman and apparently the X collections being split too for no reason, with only the recent Street Fighter anniversary collection being in one package. And Of course Street Fighter seems to be the only franchise they don't want to fuck up :dry:

7 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

This is a good idea, especially considering people have been wanting to see a full HD release of these games,

Yeah, I mean outside of mobile. Because the "HD" Trilogy on the 3DS was kind of dumb because the 3DS isn't HD so it's kind of a lie lol.

8 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

bonus points if they include the Miles Edgeworth games too(though I'd doubt it)

Sadly, me as well. The source only talks about the mainline games too... :c

8 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

it's especially a good idea if this is supposed to lead up new game  if the source is to be believed

100%! A fantastic way to lead into a new mainline game!

9 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

It'd be really frustrating if they split releases for this too though. I don't know why Capcom thinks this is a good idea, doing this with Megaman and apparently the X collections being split too for no reason, with only the recent Street Fighter anniversary collection being in one package. And Of course Street Fighter seems to be the only franchise they don't want to fuck up :dry:

With Megaman I really have no clue why they did it because all the games could fit on one set... Maybe it was to get it out faster?

With this series I can at least PARTIALLY understand needing to split it. These are not mostly NES and SNES games, they're DS and 3DS games, and the DS games are going to utilize the 3DS version assets. So they're slightly larger. If I recall Dual Destinies was almost 1GB+ on its own and when you bring that up to HD it likely will take up more space. The last two games had cutscenes and voice acting so they naturally will take up more room, so I can see them requiring a second set.

I am REALLY hoping it's not just straight ports, but some enhancements would be cool. I'd love to see cutscenes and voice acting added to the original trilogy... Maybe even new content? And I think many would LOVE to see the DLC that we never got to see in the two 3DS games.

Yeah, unless they port EVERYTHING including the games that never made it to the west, then I'm really not interested. TBH, I've played the majority of the series on mobile, anyway, and would kind of prefer it there.