Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*Squawk! Squawk!*

Future-Ornithologist

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was actually a regular user of the site ages back, but I took a long break to deal with some mental trials and hurdles, I had at the time..... I forgot about this site for ages, until it just suddenly popped back into my head again, so I decided to rejoin.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I dunno, I watched a couple episodes liked what I saw and occasionally kept watching the episodes I was interested in like I do with most TV Shows, although, MLP is special in that it's roleplay potential intrigues more than most shows on TV and I can't wait to get my hand dirty again in some MLP Roleplay. I guess in this aspect you can consider me a very casual fan of the show...

Hello, you may call me "Mr. E", I am uncomfortable giving out my real name, so you can me, "Mr. E" or "Orni" if you wish... As you could probably tell, I have a huge passion for Avians and the study of Ornithology. I am always trying to learn new facts about the Biology and Lifestyles of different Avian creatures and everyday I learn more and more about them.

As my Profile About-Me page puts it... "I have so many facts to share about Avians/Raptors, so if you ever want a Fun-Fact on Avians/Raptors just reach out to me and I would be happy to provide."

Actually my About-Me page covers pretty everything interesting about me... I like to Sing, study Science, watch a bit of MLP, sparringly play some Video Games, Chat online or offline with anyone I can and also do a bit of creative writing...I read as well, but mostly just random Ornithology books I have collected over the years, I do have quite the collection.

I could probably rumble all day about Avians, but this is a MLPForum, so I will try my best to stay on topic. My favorite MANE 6 Pony is obviously for reasons, I probably don't need to go into Fluttershy!

Spoiler

(She is also into Zoology and Pet-Care, so really it is a perfect match...)

Best Character overall though is ̺̬̭̩̲̘̱̰͓̫̀̈́̂̅̓͋ͭ̅͌͐ͤͨ̂ͦ́͘͠͠ͅͅB̉̑̐ͫ͏̵̭̬̖̦͇̪̟̪͙̺̮̫͈̤̖̲̦̳ͅb̸̴̨̨͙̲̳̬͎̺͇̰͔̆̇̍̾̌ͪ̌́ͤ͝l̶̴̨̡̹̳̝͈̺̙̤͖͈͓͕̣̥̟̬̞̩̙̂̆̽ͨ̅͒ͭ̿̀ͧͣ̿͂̚̚ḃ̷̵̝̮͖͇̬͋̈͆ͪͥ͊̂ͬ͑̆̍̅̋̉n̵̢̤̗̺̟̣͉̍̏̌̉͋̋͐̾̏ͯ̋ͦ̑͌͒͐̐̕͝d͇͚̣̜̟̫̳͓͙̗͓̖̝͙̻͖̅̈̊ͬ͆ͭ́́͞ė̛̱̘̼͍̝̠͕̯̻̭̣̐͛ͧ͂ͥ̅ͭ̑̍ͣͧȩ̛̩͙͈͍̦̗̮̻̤͉͎̻͊̄̍̀́̊̆̂-͓̥̝̦͈͉̻̟͔͓̖̰͉̝̺̬͌ͨ͐́̕͟͠P̸͍͎͙͔͕̩͚̙͙̜͓̭̞̝̖̎̐̃̃̉̅ͥ͆̇͒̎ͣ̋ͩͪ̇̚͠b̡͕̗̞̳̹̭̘̮̘̭̣̩̗̠͔̬̂̎̒ͧ͜rͣ̄̏̌ͮ̈́ͬ̾̊ͮͫ͏̵͟҉̨͎̗̗̩͇sͫͯͬ̐ͨ̏͘͏̡̧̤͖͉̩̬͎͇̬̮͎̻͓͖̻̞̜̙͝ͅơ̵̳̹̳͖̝̟̲͈͕̳̟̰̣̤͛͛͐̂́̈́u͐͐ͫ̒̆̓̾̈́ͨͧ̊̿͊ͥͪͦ͟͝͞͏̣̥̱̬̦̘͚̫͎̪̟,̈́̍ͩ͌̇͛̅̑͗ͭ̓̏̅ͬ҉̕͜͏̻̥͇̻͍̼̳̜̤̺͈ô̸͈̼̬͎͈͚̹͉͙͇̤̻̮ͩ̒͝ͅgͤ̀͆ͨ͌̆̑ͬ̎̑ͯ͂ͮ҉̵̢͜҉̩̭͚͙ ̞̠̯̼͎͓̭̻͔̗̇̐̉ͬ̌̕͘͜c̵̡̛̺̖͇̣̞̭͚̹̲̙̟̮̖̗͇̥̜̋ͬͯ̆ͮ́̔̀̊͊ͩ͞ͅp̷̣̮͓̬̱͇̝̯̬̗̝͚̳̖̻̣͔̼̏̍͛ͤ̈́ͦ̀͢ũͥ̈́̄̄̓ͤ̚̚҉͏̸̡͓̱͚̠͙̥̭͍͎̳̣̮̗̮̜s̡̞͔̼͔̱̈̄̿ͧ̉ͪͪ̈̈ͦ͟s̡̛̯͙̬̙͍͇͈̮͈̗̹̰̣̖͌ͧ̄̋́͆̇ͅf̶̢̻̠͍̦͉̖̳͇̺͑̊ͮ̌̾͛̾ͮͪ̈́ͫ͋ͥͣͯͪͣ̓̚͘͠ , I mean no one else can really compete with him, honestly! ̯̲͓̟̬̻̰̾͒͐͋̊́̌ͫ͟ͅ(̸̸͙̈́ͫ̑ͯͧͯ͑Ṿ̸̪̥̞̫͕͓̞͂̋̓ͬ̾͡ͅI̢̡̬̜̫̻̲̻̠͈̝͑Ĝ̤̲͎͔̹̪̩̲̎͛͋ͯͭ͜͠͡Ê̖̫͎̣͒̚͟͞Ṋ̸̶̩̖̤̰̦̮͒ͯ̾́ͅE̠̼̝̳͉͋̾̎̀͞R̷̻̳̱ͯ̑̾͆͐͗͑Ȩ̸ͬͨ͐̿̇͂ͦ̚҉̠̭͎:͙͓͕͙̘̍̋̃̅͘ ͦ̐͂ͦͤ̽̾̐ͭ͏̲̞̦̜̹͚͔́A̶̹̻̭ͣ͊ͫ͛ͤ̋̉̏̀1̯̪͔͇ͩ̈́ͣͬ̾ͤ̒̕2̡̼̥̻̱͛́̉͗͠ͅ-̵̺̝̝̪̬̹̰̠͊͑͆͂̎̽̆͜͞B̾ͪ͂̏̄͏̗͍̝̖̺1̶̫͖̝͓͔̳͌2͇͎̄̔̆̌͑͋́͋)̞̱̯̩̟͙̥͓ͫͣͣ͊͒͛͒̚

My favorite Species is obviously the griffions at least when we are referring to the show, obviously because they are the closest thing to being a Talking-Walking bird so far outside Fluttershy's ability to talk to every day Avians... Griffions just intrigue me is all...

So, anyway, I can't really think of anything else to talk about, so I might just wrap up this post here, feel free to post your questions about me below and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability and thank you taking the time to read this silly welcome thread, I am literally doing this at 1:44 AM and I haven't got a bit of shut-eye yet, so excuse me if my writing seems sloppy, I am just really tired is all.

Anyway, I hope to hear from some of you soon, sincerely,
~ Mr. E

Edited by Future-Ornithologist
Grammar Fixes
  • Brohoof 8

Ooooh, it’s nice to meet a fellow bird lover. Though I’m probably not nearly as passionate as you, I love to observe birds whenever, wherever I can. Definitely hope you enjoy yourself here!

12 minutes ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

My favorite Species is obviously the griffions at least when we are referring to the show, obviously because they are the closest thing to being a Talking-Walking bird so far...

Heehee, someone hasn’t seen the Movie! XD

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ooooh, it’s nice to meet a fellow bird lover. Though I’m probably not nearly as passionate as you, I love to observe birds whenever, wherever I can. Definitely hope you enjoy yourself here!

Heehee, someone hasn’t seen the Movie! XD

Oh shoot! I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet... But now I must get around to see it if what you're saying implies what I think it implies... Wait... Are the pirate birds the ones you are referring to? I think I remember a music video, that my friend spoiled me on a while back hold on... *Genuinely looks it up at this point*....

*Results* Okay... Well... I still need to get around to seeing anyway, thank you for reminding me! Like I said, I am a very casual fan and I tend to have a shot-gun approach to what episodes or movies I do or do not work, mainly because I don't watch much television regardless.

By the way, thank you for welcoming me to the forums, you are most kind sir!

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Nosotros. said:

Welcome to the forums! Have fun making new friends, role playing, discussing stuff, or whatever else you enjoy doing! :D

Nice to meet you as well, and I am already enjoying myself quite a bit. Thank you for taking the time to respond my silly old forum thread.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

Are the pirate birds the ones you are referring to?

Indeed! And the... uh... well let’s just say there are more bird-like creatures that show up as well.

1 hour ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

you are most kind sir!

Not a sir. ;)

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Indeed! And the... uh... well let’s just say there are more bird-like creatures that show up as well.

Not a sir. ;)

Oh I am incredibly sorry! I should have never presumed your gender like that, I do so hope you can forgive. I shall refer to you as she from now on... As along as that is what you want. maybe you are Agendered? I don't actually know sorry!

36 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Hello there! ^_^ 

I hope you'll have fun! :D 

Welcome to the herd! :) 

Hello to you as well, thank you for welcoming me to this fine forum. I am very appreciative!

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

Oh I am incredibly sorry! I should have never presumed your gender like that, I do so hope you can forgive. I shall refer to you as she from now on... As along as that is what you want. maybe you are Agendered? I don't actually know sorry!

Haha!! It’s okay, you didn’t do anything wrong. I don’t actually mind that much. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Nah, I’m a tried and true chica. Got my Woman Card, my passport from Themyscira, my official Pegsister license and everything. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Hello and welcome back to the forums! :yay: And while I'm at it, may I ask for a quick fact about Avians? If, you don't mind of course... ;) I hope you do enjoy your stay back in the forums, get to know some of us and make some friends, (Though I'm sure it won't be hard for you. :squee:) and of course most importantly, have fun!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
45 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Haha!! It’s okay, you didn’t do anything wrong. I don’t actually mind that much. Just wanted to clear up any confusion.

Nah, I’m a tried and true chica. Got my Woman Card, my passport from Themyscira, my official Pegsister license and everything. :lol:

Well, she it is then. Thank you for your kind patience with me.

44 minutes ago, They said:

Hello and welcome back to the forums! :yay: And while I'm at it, may I ask for a quick fact about Avians? If, you don't mind of course... ;) I hope you do enjoy your stay back in the forums, get to know some of us and make some friends, (Though I'm sure it won't be hard for you. :squee:) and of course most importantly, have fun!

Hello They, thank you welcoming me to the forums, and as for your Fun-Fact about Avians...

Did you know?
gelen-punto-403236-unsplash.thumb.jpg.e68a6caf6b2a38d62e05199b4bac3ca2.jpg
[Photo by Gelen Punto on Unsplash] (The Image above is registered on a Creative Commons Zero License, or CC0 License, this means that the image is open for use in the public domain without crediting, however! As a kind gesture to the Photographer who took the photo, I have credited her regardless)

The wonderful bird in the image above is commonly known as a Eurasian Eagle-Owl and she can be found around many parts of Eurasia which is a combined continental landmass of Europe and Asia. (More specifically for this Owl, they can be found around parts of Europe, North Africa, Asia and the Middle East) She is on average smaller than a Golden Eagle, but larger than a Snowy Owl and this particular bird species weighs around 5 to 6 pounds.They can range in height from 580mm to 710mm and like a good bit of Rabbit, Rats and hedgehog sized creatures, although some have been seen preying on foxes as well.

The Typical Lifespan of this bird is
20 years in the Wild, but they can live up to 60 years in captivity. Eurasian Eagle-Owls usually nest on cliffs and ledges, although they will sometimes take over abandoned Golden Eagle nests. Their current status on Wildlife preservation board is LC or of Least Concern meaning the population of these birds is very healthy.

I hope that will tie you over and I hope you learned something from this Avian Fun-Fact.

Have a nice day now! And thank you once again for welcoming me to the forums <3

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

Thank you for your kind patience with me.

No problem hon. Hey wanna know my favorite bird?

Behold everyone! The Kakapo!! Also known as Owl Parrot.

Sirocco_full_length_portrait.jpg

He so chubby!! <3

• Brohoof 2

Welcome ^^

I’m also thinking about studying ornithology since I want to be a zoologist. I’ve always loved birds, but horses and snakes are number one in my list :P

And by the way I’m Nature Tune, but you can call me Nature or Tune or She or Tuney:lie:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, She said:

Welcome ^^

I’m also thinking about studying ornithology since I want to be a zoologist. I’ve always loved birds, but horses and snakes are number one in my list :P

And by the way I’m Nature Tune, but you can call me Nature or Tune or She or Tuney:lie:

Hello, She. It's very nice to meet you, sorry for missing your message last night.... It was pretty late for me, so I ended collapsing on my bed before you even sent your post... Sorry! Thank you for welcoming me to forums and it is nice to meet another person interested in Ornithology and Zoology.

Well, I hope you have a nice day now.

1 hour ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

That's a really interesting passion!:)

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll love it! Oh, and have fun!

Oh, well thank you for complimenting on my Passion and thank you welcoming to the forums, It has been pretty enjoyable so far, so I can't wait to immense myself further into the forums themselves. (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!)

Have a nice day now!

3 hours ago, Recherche said:

Welcome to the MLP Forums, Future-Ornithologist! I hope you have a great time here, as well success in your time as an ornithologist! :icwudt:

Oh, Thank you too!  I have been having a great time here if I am too be honest... And thank you for wishing me success in my time as an Ornithologist!

Let's just hope I can get the marks, I need 510 Points to get a Level 8 Science Course which will branch off into Zoology and Ornithology at least if I want to go to a highly prestegious School like UCD in Dublin, The max amount of points you can get on Examinations in Ireland is 600 Points. And that's if you get 100% on all your final year tests and Projects (Continual Year Projects [usually 2 per class] usually add up to 50% of your mark sometimes more for subjects heavier on Practical elements like Construction, Art or DCG where the Projects are 60 - 70% of your mark)

This is also presuming I study all my Subjects at Higher Level, so I get even get the chance of getting a max point amount of 600 (As Ordinary or Foundation level subjects offer way less points as they are simplified versions of a particular subject), To get those points, I would want a H1 (90 - 100%) in at least 2 subjects, a basic require of 3 H2s or H3s (80 - 90% or 70 - 80% respectively) and 1 Subject can be whatever mark as long as it is above a H7, so a H6 or H5 will do fine (40 - 50% or 50 - 60%)

It's not just my points that matter, it is my grades in particular subjects, UCD requests at least 510 points on your Examination, but also expects Higher than that as those numbers are based on the lowest point person to get in last year, but they also require certain grades in particular subjects and that you study particular subjects in your Leaving Cert Examination to even get in..

They require at least a H3 in English and Maths and also require you study 1 type of Science in your Leaving Cert (I am doing Biology) and get at least a H1 in it, no ifs or buts!

To say, that I am under a lot of pressure when it comes to studying and getting those points is an understatement... But it will all be worth it when I finally get my Dream Job if you know what I mean.

Well, sorry if my rumble was a bit too boring for you, but thank you once again for welcoming me to the forums and for wishing great success in my exams and future life, I am going to need it!

Have a nice day now! (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!)

3 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

No problem hon. Hey wanna know my favorite bird?

Behold everyone! The Kakapo!! Also known as Owl Parrot.

Sirocco_full_length_portrait.jpg

He so chubby!! <3

The Kakapo are really cute aren't they?

Actually, I know a decent bit on this bird, sooooooooooo...

Did you know???

The Kakapo is a large, nocturnal, flightless, lek-breeding parrot which in the Avian-Sphere is pretty uncommon, you might even call it quite the rare oddity. It's current Wildlife status is NC, or Nationally Critical meaning that it's population is sadly in decline... Most Kakado are subject to predation by cats and stoats, and their eggs and chicks can be killed by rats....

Females generally tend to their eggs on their own, raising the chicks and incubating the eggs all by themselves... And as their Chick-rearing is protracted, and nests become smelly, they become easy to find for predators, this makes the eggs, mom and chicks incredibly vunerable... Away from nests, kakapo usually freeze and rely on cryptic colouration to hide them from predators.

there was attempts in the 1890s to protect Kakapo from introduced predators by relocating them to the resolution islands, but that failed as a swarm of Stoats Swam came to the Island to feast on them... In the 1980s and 1990s relocation to the completely predator-free islands of Maud Island, Hautaru and Whenua Hou which only had kiore, halted the Kakapo's decline, however the population has yet to increase.... Kakapo have low genetic Diversity and thus, as a consequence, low Fertility... Work is being done in the conservation world to find a fix to this matter...

I hope that depressing, but still fun fact about the conservation efforts of New-Zealand and other conservationists to protect this lovely birds existent is also heart-warming and educational to an extent... If you would like to know more about these wonderful creatures outside of conservation, you could just ask me! Or you can go to this link here and learn more!  Thank you for your interest for welcoming once again, I am very appreciative... (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!).

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Future-Ornithologist said:

Hello, She. It's very nice to meet you, sorry for missing your message last night.... It was pretty late for me, so I ended collapsing on my bed before you even sent your post... Sorry! Thank you for welcoming me to forums and it is nice to meet another person interested in Ornithology and Zoology.

Well, I hope you have a nice day now.

Oh, well thank you for complimenting on my Passion and thank you welcoming to the forums, It has been pretty enjoyable so far, so I can't wait to immense myself further into the forums themselves. (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!)

Have a nice day now!

Oh, Thank you too!  I have been having a great time here if I am too be honest... And thank you for wishing me success in my time as an Ornithologist!

Let's just hope I can get the marks, I need 510 Points to get a Level 8 Science Course which will branch off into Zoology and Ornithology at least if I want to go to a highly prestegious School like UCD in Dublin, The max amount of points you can get on Examinations in Ireland is 600 Points. And that's if you get 100% on all your final year tests and Projects (Continual Year Projects [usually 2 per class] usually add up to 50% of your mark sometimes more for subjects heavier on Practical elements like Construction, Art or DCG where the Projects are 60 - 70% of your mark)

This is also presuming I study all my Subjects at Higher Level, so I get even get the chance of getting a max point amount of 600 (As Ordinary or Foundation level subjects offer way less points as they are simplified versions of a particular subject), To get those points, I would want a H1 (90 - 100%) in at least 2 subjects, a basic require of 3 H2s or H3s (80 - 90% or 70 - 80% respectively) and 1 Subject can be whatever mark as long as it is above a H7, so a H6 or H5 will do fine (40 - 50% or 50 - 60%)

It's not just my points that matter, it is my grades in particular subjects, UCD requests at least 510 points on your Examination, but also expects Higher than that as those numbers are based on the lowest point person to get in last year, but they also require certain grades in particular subjects and that you study particular subjects in your Leaving Cert Examination to even get in..

They require at least a H3 in English and Maths and also require you study 1 type of Science in your Leaving Cert (I am doing Biology) and get at least a H1 in it, no ifs or buts!

To say, that I am under a lot of pressure when it comes to studying and getting those points is an understatement... But it will all be worth it when I finally get my Dream Job if you know what I mean.

Well, sorry if my rumble was a bit too boring for you, but thank you once again for welcoming me to the forums and for wishing great success in my exams and future life, I am going to need it!

Have a nice day now! (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!)

The Kakapo are really cute aren't they?

Actually, I know a decent bit on this bird, sooooooooooo...

Did you know???

The Kakapo is a large, nocturnal, flightless, lek-breeding parrot which in the Avian-Sphere is pretty uncommon, you might even call it quite the rare oddity.
It's current Wildlife status is NC, or Nationally Critical meaning that it's population is sadly in decline... Most Kakado are subject to predation by cats and stoats, and their eggs and chicks can be killed by rats.... Females generally tend to their eggs on their own, raising the chicks and incubating the eggs all by themselves... And as their
Chick-rearing is protracted, and nests become smelly, they become easy to find for predators, this makes the eggs, mom and chicks incredibly vunerable... Away from nests, kakapo usually freeze and rely on cryptic colouration to hide them from predators.

there was attempts in the 1890s to protect Kakapo from introduced predators by relocating them to the resolution islands, but that failed as a swarm of Stoats Swam came to the Island to feast on them... In the 1980s and 1990s relocation to the completely predator-free islands of Maud Island, Hautaru and Whenua Hou which only had kiore, halted the Kakapo's decline, however the population has yet to increase.... Kakapo have low genetic Diversity and thus, as a consequence, low Fertility... Work is being done in the conservation world to find a fix to this matter...

I hope that depressing, but still a fun-fact about the conservation efforts of the New-Zealand and other conservationists to protect this lovely birds existent is also heart-warming and educational to an extent... If you would like to know more about these wonderful creatures outside of conservation, you could just ask me! Or you can go to this link here and learn more!  Thank you for your interest for welcoming once again, I am very appreciative... (Oh, and I am also sorry for missing your message for the same reason, I missed She's Message above!).

No problem~o!

Finally, someone who knows something about Kakapo’s! Everyone I’ve met looks at me and says “what the hell is that?” I find them really interesting.

There are many bird species which have been threatened because of new animals being introduced to their habitats. :( 

I miss Dodo’s..

Question: d’you have any pet birds? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, She said:

No problem~o!

Finally, someone who knows something about Kakapo’s! Everyone I’ve met looks at me and says “what the hell is that?” I find them really interesting.

There are many bird species which have been threatened because of new animals being introduced to their habitats. :( 

I miss Dodo’s..

Question: d’you have any pet birds? 

I too am upset that not many people know about the endangered status of so many of these beautiful creatures, it is why I always try to educate people on them with fun-facts whenever I can!

I too miss Dodo's...

As for your questions, no... I don't keep any pet birds, I am not allowed too.... My sister has incredibly weak lungs, she is home-schooled because she is constantly get lung-infections... I brought a budgie around 2 years go, only about 2 weeks after getting it, my Sister lungs had gotten way worse, she was constantly up at the hospital with severe infections and pneumonia, we tried to pin down exactly what was causing this sudden worsening of her conditions... We later found out it was the bird... Birds are dusty creatures and as such are sometimes fertile breeding ground for dust-mites (which can be hard on my Sister's lungs) and as much as I did constantly clean the cage, as soon as the bird was given over to my Grandma, my Sister's condition at home started to get better again... I ended giving the bird away to a far-off Aunt who has looked after many in her lifetime and was glad to take her...

I miss Zozu, but it's better for my sister this way... I can always get one when I move out after all <3

• Brohoof 1

I'm bit late to the welcoming party... But, since I have had so much fun reading those bird facts of yours, I wanted to properly welcome you back to the forums. Warm welcome Orni, enjoy your time here and fun! ^_^

Best of luck with your studies too, I'm sure that you'll make a great ornithologist (man, everybody here have so cool careers and fields of study!) :o

• Brohoof 1