Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Forgotten Friendship have been streamed in parts from the start?

Steve Piranha

Hey don't get me wrong, I loved Forgotten Friendship, but I feel it would have been better if they've instead focused solely on advertising it on TV and streamed on YT like now. Why, because with the special it was a one day wonder, discuss, and move on; instead with each of the parts, and this being one of the best stuff released for EG, it would have given us something to look forward to each week, speculating, keeping it alive for longer, and in our memories. Yeah, I know the streams have extra parts (hi Pony Flashy :fluttershy: ) to make us watch it again, but I think it can't beat being watched fresh 

I prefer watching it all at once. Watching in parts would be more understandable with a longer series, but when the whole thing is just an hour, I don't see the need. When I started watching MLP and was catching up, I also made sure to watch both parts of the two-parters on the same day (the first one being an exception, as it didn't get me hooked yet). There's one thing that I feel should have been done differently: they shouldn't have cut anything on the first airing.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

You could say that with much of generation four where when an episode airs, most of the time they are discussed, talked about, and more for a day or two before everyone moves on to the next episode and forget the previous one. Forgotten Friendship does feel weird being a multi-part story as seen on YouTube but it also feels right because of when they choose to end each part instead of going with something that would be seen as out of place. I guess it doesn't matter to me how it was aired so long as we got something new.

I'm personally all for the special being released in an almost TV movie style. Don't get me wrong, it would've perhaps been nice to have something to look forward to week after week, but not only is Season 8 on the way regardless, but I personally feel like the special would've lost some of it's emotional punch and flow if it had been segmented. Not only that, but it just doesn't really lend itself to being watched in parts as a whole, it feels more like a movie experience, akin to the first four Equestria Girls installments, than it does just another episode. To me, it FEELS like it was made to be watched in it's entirety in one session.:grin:

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1