Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do if you could go to Equestria and meet the ponies in person

NathanW200

I can't wait to go home and bring my brother back with me too. Life here isn't what i thought it would be. First thing I will do when I get back is visit my parents and friends.

Edited by Radiant Dawn

• 1 month later...

To visit equestria understand they have never met humans before and they no knowledge of these human shows. They would freak out if they found out about a whole sub culture devoted to all things Equestria.The mane 6 as many people would want to meet them don't know you. You have to go up to them and as you would any person and introduce yourself.

• 1 month later...

For a relatively short visit: Try out the desserts at Sugarcube Corner, play around in Las Pegasus, if possible attend one of the festivals they keep having, meet some ponies (not limiting myself to major characters).

For a longer stay: Use my engineering background to develop new technology to benefit ponykind. If I could get a unicorn body, study magic and find new ways to combine that with with new technology (think Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Tank's propeller, etc.).

On 10/29/2020 at 10:00 PM, Radiant Dawn said:

To visit equestria understand they have never met humans before and they no knowledge of these human shows. They would freak out if they found out about a whole sub culture devoted to all things Equestria.The mane 6 as many people would want to meet them don't know you. You have to go up to them and as you would any person and introduce yourself.

They'd probably freak out even harder if they learned the gory details of the fandom. So in any case, it'd be best not to mention any of that.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

For a relatively short visit: Try out the desserts at Sugarcube Corner, play around in Las Pegasus, if possible attend one of the festivals they keep having, meet some ponies (not limiting myself to major characters).

For a longer stay: Use my engineering background to develop new technology to benefit ponykind. If I could get a unicorn body, study magic and find new ways to combine that with with new technology (think Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Tank's propeller, etc.).

They'd probably freak out even harder if they learned the gory details of the fandom. So in any case, it'd be best not to mention any of that.

well if the portal turn me into a Pegasus and fly around and maybe I would become friend with rainbow dash and scootaloo or maybe befriend the mane 6 or become friend with the cmc and  Equestria is much far better place than earth  or maybe become a member of the mane 6 latest?cb=20180223013256&key=816d9d11652excited_cutie_mark_crusaders_by_thatguy1

I would seek out Starswirl the Bearded to gather his thoughts on transmutation magic that could turn a human into a pony and offer myself as a test subject. Once pony transformation has been completed, naturalise and live as the ponyfolk do. Then go on a tour across Equestria meeting whatever ponies I could.

I might actually tell them that they were a show---the way I'd phrase it would be "Sometimes a work of fiction isn't just a work of fiction:  sometimes, it's a window into another world.  We've had a window into yours for a long time."  I'm not sure they'd freak out if it were presented to them that way; after all, they did get sucked into one of Spike's comic books once!

Once I was talking with them, I'd probably clear up the show's chronology with them, ask about a few worldbuilding elements like "How do you get food for cats if they're obligate carnivores and you're herbivores?"  I'd also introduce guns to their world so they have another line of defense the next time a threat comes along (guns would be useless against plenty of threats, but not all of them), and maybe see if I could trade aluminum from Earth for Equestrian gold bits---that seems like a lucrative side-gig, and since smelting aluminum requires electricity, so since they don't have electricity, aluminum could be as rare in Equestria as gold is on Earth---or even rarer!  (Once upon a time in real life, aluminum was far more valuable than gold!  No joke!)

...I could also introduce electricity while I'm at it!  Not sure they need it with all the magic they have, but still!

29 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

...I could also introduce electricity while I'm at it!  Not sure they need it with all the magic they have, but still!

We've seen multiple examples of electronic devices (microphones, speakers, etc.) across the series. If you were to explain the science behind extracting aluminum from its ore, I'm sure the ponies could figure something out if they haven't already.

And speaking of microphones and speakers: they'd probably also be very interested in learning about the telephone.

• Brohoof 1

First I would get Rarity’s help with my looks and fashion because I need it.

Afterwards I’d love to have a party with Pinkie Pie and hang out with all the other ponies!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

afraid_twily_by_aureai-d9ohk9q.png

On 12/22/2020 at 9:47 PM, Operetta said:

First I would get Rarity’s help with my looks and fashion because I need it.

Afterwards I’d love to have a party with Pinkie Pie and hang out with all the other ponies!

I would maybe first studies magic with Twilight sparkles and maybe befriend rainbow dash applejack fluttershy rarity  or maybe befriend with a the cmc

Edited by Scootaloo90747475
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Assuming I go there as a tourist or something like that. I would thry to get the autographs of the mane 6. That would be nice. While I would love to spend time talking with Twilight, I really don't think she would have the time for some random tourist, even if she was signing her autograph as part of some kind of event, there would be a line there.

• Brohoof 1

I would meet them. But it would also depends a lot if I would be transformed (see EqG) or not. Depending on this there would be a lot different scenarios. In general I would try to get to know them and their world for myself. By now I also like to hug them, but I definitely wouldn't do this right of the bat.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well I think that a lot would depend on how I ended up there and whether I was a pony or a human, but I have a few ideas. 

1. Befriend the Mane Six (and Spike). Perhaps other ponies too depending on how open they are.
  2. Recover from Pinkie Pie's welcome party that she is sure to throw.
  3. Figure out why/how I am here if I don't know yet.
  4. Get Twilight Sparkle to teach me everything she knows about magic and friendship.
  5. Snuggle/hug with Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle as casual friends.
  6. Talk about Anthropology with Lyra.
  7. Maybe participate in whatever the Mane Six are up to if I feel like it.
Edited by Winged Sea350pony
  • Brohoof 1