Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think that Hasbro will answer some of the fan questions?

Unity

So Hasbro has never confirmed or denied that Vinyl scratch is Mute (to my understanding) and they have pretty much conformed that Aka parents are dead, but do you think they will elaborate on this and give us details? Do you guys think that they will answer these questions later on?

• Brohoof 1

They seem to be actively avoiding saying AJs parents are dead, but still writing as if they were.  This makes me think they're restricted from talking about death directly by the show executives, likely because they think it'll be too dark for the show.  This is unlikely to change. 

Vinyl is unlikely to talk, since her character is mostly relevant to the fandom, and doesn't need to talk for that.  Plus it saves them from having to hire a voice actor for her.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Dunno if it was in FIM or EG, but I remember her moving her mouth in the background once, what would indicate that she does can talk. Maybe she just isn't much of the talking person.

Maybe it was in the cafeteria song?

As for the topic's question, they more or less , implicitly, told us that AJ's parents are most likely dead... but it depends; for exemple I don't think we'll see Cadence's past, or Celestia's parents for exemple

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Dunno if it was in FIM or EG, but I remember her moving her mouth in the background once, what would indicate that she does can talk. Maybe she just isn't much of the talking person.

EG: It was in the background of Legend of Everfree as everyone was first going to their tents, Vinyl was seen talking to Fluttershy .

5aae9125d733b_Applejack_5C_dont_put_me_in_one5C__EG4.png.aecaa296e2d862910bdf97e2bc0a31f3.png

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, We. said:

EG: It was in the background of Legend of Everfree as everyone was first going to their tents, Vinyl was seen talking to Fluttershy .

5aae9125d733b_Applejack_5C_dont_put_me_in_one5C__EG4.png.aecaa296e2d862910bdf97e2bc0a31f3.png

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "i can't see meme"

Do you have in a bigger size maybe? ^^ 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Gachin said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "i can't see meme"

Do you have in a bigger size maybe? ^^ 

When I tried to download the bigger image of that, it was forced to be saved as a Webpage, which I'm not sure would appear correctly on the forums. But let me give it another shot.

Just now, We. said:

When I tried to download the bigger image of that, it was forced to be saved as a Webpage, which I'm not sure would appear correctly on the forums. But let me give it another shot.

Maybe go on the page directly then? :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, We. said:

I was just pointing out the moment where Vinyl "spoke" and you said you wanted a bigger picture

well i can't see it yet xD Maybe Shy is just telling her something without expecting a spoken response

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro will not answer the fan's questions, it not necessarily worth their time to do so, because they have plenty of other things to be worrying about than rather trivial things like "Is vinyl really mute?" or "Who were Celestia's parents?", because at the end of the day, while those things are interesting, they aren't a necessity for the franchise to survive, and therefore, will probably never be confirmed or answered by Hasbro.

37 minutes ago, We. said:

But that's the video version of the Picture I linked you to. They're one and the same!

yeah but on your picture they're not moving ; plus it was too small; here we have a bigger and MOVING version :o

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Hasbro will not answer the fan's questions, it not necessarily worth their time to do so, because they have plenty of other things to be worrying about than rather trivial things like "Is vinyl really mute?" or "Who were Celestia's parents?", because at the end of the day, while those things are interesting, they aren't a necessity for the franchise to survive, and therefore, will probably never be confirmed or answered by Hasbro.

And it also gives us fans enough to think and imagine for ourselves, what this and that could be.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Gachin said:

yeah but on your picture they're not moving ; plus it was too small; here we have a bigger and MOVING version :o

Click again. The link leads to a full Web page that very clearly show Vinyl "Talking"

2 hours ago, We. said:

It worked for me.

1 minute ago, We. said:

Click again. The link leads to a full Web page that very clearly show Vinyl "Talking"

It worked for me.

Oh? That's weird; it only shows me the little tiny image you sent before :o

guess that website doesn't like me enough to allow me to enter :( 

@Sherbert Music-Guard Depends on what you consider trivial; true, Vinyl being mute is not THAT important, but some people do have a point by asking for exemple what is that character's origins and such things. I'm not talking about every character, but for exemples characters important enough to the MLP lore as a whole. It gives a character some history and thus some depth, IF DONE WELL; else it's just shit

Edited by Gachin
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...