Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The voice of Chancellor NeighSay(Big Surprise ahead)

SaburoDaimando

I talked about this in the MLP Season 8 School Daze Discussion, but I want to take this to the forefront.

As you are aware, Hasbro released an Animatic on the upcoming Season 8 Premier featuring a vocal appearance by Chancellor Neighsay.  However, the biggest surprise isn't the Chancellor's role in the story, but who voices him.

It was confirmed by Jim Miller on Twitter, but Chancellor Neighsay is voiced by none other than Animaniacs actor Maurice LaMarche, also known as the Brain(The main Lab Mouse who wants to take over the world), along with Squit the Goodfeather.  Outside of Animaniacs, Maurice was also known as

Dizzy Devil on Tiny Toon Adventures(Along with an Orson Wells-like character named Orson Whales

Mr Freeze on the Batman Arkham Video Game series

Yosemite Sam on Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes Show and New Looney Tunes

Nightshift on Skylanders

Grand Master Wizard, plus other characters on Adventure Time

Dr Egon Spengler on the Real Ghostbusters

General Var Suthra on Star Wars: The Old Republic

Inspector Gadget on a number of small projects, including the Super Mario Bros Super Show(Live Action scenes)

Mortimer Mouse on Mickey Mouseworks and the House of Mouse

Sleet on Sonic Underground

Took over as the voice of Destro on GI Joe

Six-Gun on the Transformers

And Chief Charles Burns, and a number of other characters, on Transformers: Rescue Bots.

So what's your thoughts on Maurice LaMarche getting a voice over role on My Little Pony?  One who's do alot of voices in our childhoods?  Personally, I was surprised when I found out that was his voice.  On Equestria Daily, fans were also cheering the addition of a well-known LA Actor(Who also came from Canada, surprisingly).

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I talked about this in the MLP Season 8 School Daze Discussion, but I want to take this to the forefront.

As you are aware, Hasbro released an Animatic on the upcoming Season 8 Premier featuring a vocal appearance by Chancellor Neighsay.  However, the biggest surprise isn't the Chancellor's role in the story, but who voices him.

It was confirmed by Jim Miller on Twitter, but Chancellor Neighsay is voiced by none other than Animaniacs actor Maurice LaMarche, also known as the Brain(The main Lab Mouse who wants to take over the world), along with Squit the Goodfeather.  Outside of Animaniacs, Maurice was also known as

Dizzy Devil on Tiny Toon Adventures(Along with an Orson Wells-like character named Orson Whales

Mr Freeze on the Batman Arkham Video Game series

Yosemite Sam on Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes Show and New Looney Tunes

Nightshift on Skylanders

Grand Master Wizard, plus other characters on Adventure Time

Dr Egon Spengler on the Real Ghostbusters

General Var Suthra on Star Wars: The Old Republic

Inspector Gadget on a number of small projects, including the Super Mario Bros Super Show(Live Action scenes)

Mortimer Mouse on Mickey Mouseworks and the House of Mouse

Sleet on Sonic Underground

Took over as the voice of Destro on GI Joe

Six-Gun on the Transformers

And Chief Charles Burns, and a number of other characters, on Transformers: Rescue Bots.

So what's your thoughts on Maurice LaMarche getting a voice over role on My Little Pony?  One who's do alot of voices in our childhoods?  Personally, I was surprised when I found out that was his voice.  On Equestria Daily, fans were also cheering the addition of a well-known LA Actor(Who also came from Canada, surprisingly).

That's awesome. I joked that Snips and Snail would grow up to be Equestrian Pinky and the Brain due to a line they said in their debut, but wow. The actual Voice Actor!

Pinkie Pie: "Gee, Chancellor! What do you want to do tonight?"

Chancellor Neighsay: "The same thing I do every night, Pinkie... Try to take over the Friendship School!"

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

When it comes to voice artists in their industry, Maurice LaMarche is definitely one of the big ones given how far back he goes--I know as far back as around 1986. Now we just need Frank Welker at some point and the circle will become ever more complete.

• Brohoof 1

After doing more on this, getting Maurice Lamarche is an......interesting decision. Having grown up on Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, and others, i love him as a voice actor, but compared to past guest stars, like Weird Al, Lena Hall, Felicia Day, William Shatner, and yes, John Delancie, Mo is relatively small time.

You gonna bring up Maurice and all that he's done and not mention Father from KND?
SMDH

Either way, yeah this is hype.

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

After doing more on this, getting Maurice Lamarche is an......interesting decision. Having grown up on Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, and others, i love him as a voice actor, but compared to past guest stars, like Weird Al, Lena Hall, Felicia Day, William Shatner, and yes, John Delancie, Mo is relatively small time.

Well they also have Rachel Bloom coming this season, and the movie had a lot of big name actors.