Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Recherché's Ask Thread

The Recherche

2 hours ago, Califorum said:

Do you remember your first day here?

Vividly; I remember being much more aloof back then, due to how nervous I was about joining any Forums or social media outlets. :please:

The welcome I received was much warmer than anything I had ever gotten prior~! :squee:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

Vividly; I remember being much more aloof back then, due to how nervous I was about joining any Forums or social media outlets. :please:

The welcome I received was much warmer than anything I had ever gotten prior~! :squee:

I don't remember mine, personally but that's nice.

Would you use Cali as a piwwo?

• Brohoof 2

Who would you say you know the best on here? I guess this kind of a hard question to answer. :please:

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

@The Recherche Say comrade, I was just wondering....... what is your irl name? I don't imagine it would be something like "Bob" now would it? :please:

Daniel, actually. :grin: Even if I was Bob, I would probably have a nickname. :D

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Who would you say you know the best on here? I guess this kind of a hard question to answer. :please:

Probably @Wannabrony, honestly. :grin: They're quite possibly the best friend I've made here, so it's only natural that we know each other pretty well. :squee:

• Brohoof 2

Alright @The Recherche, this question my be a bit of a doozy for you, cuz it's political related. You claim I can ask you anything? Well then comrade, I kinda am a little curious to know what your opinion of President Donald Trump is, if ya care to tell me. Don't worry, I won't judge or nothing, I'm just kinda curious to know what you think of him :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

Alright @The Recherche, this question my be a bit of a doozy for you, cuz it's political related. You claim I can ask you anything? Well then comrade, I kinda am a little curious to know what your opinion of President Donald Trump is, if ya care to tell me. Don't worry, I won't judge or nothing, I'm just kinda curious to know what you think of him :rarity:

Honestly? I don't tune into the news, and I really couldn't care less what they say about him... but I have to give him some credit; he played the country like a damn fiddle. The news media bashed the hell out of him, the folks on social media bashed the hell out of him, and he overall riled everyone up... and he took it with a smile. At the same time, though... his theatrics brought a lot of reluctant Republicans out of the brink.

In short, I don't care about him in the slightest... but even though I don't like his political behavior, it worked really well. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/1/2018 at 4:56 AM, The Recherche said:

Daniel, actually. :grin:

inb4 it's Daniel Ingram in disguise. :o :love:

Joking aside, I like that name. Nice one you've got there. :) 

Now a question of course ^_^ 

Rikifive asks:

Have you ever played on the good old NES? If so, what was your favorite game? :catface: 
(you can specify multiple titles)

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Have you ever played on the good old NES? If so, what was your favorite game? :catface: 

Yes and no; I've played quite a few games for it, but I never owned it myself. :ooh:

To be honest, I like the SNES a lot more than the NES... but I quite enjoy Contra. :grin: The Mega Man games aren't half-bad either, but I prefer the Mega Man X series.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, The Recherche said:

Yes and no; I've played quite a few games for it, but I never owned it myself. :ooh:

To be honest, I like the SNES a lot more than the NES... but I quite enjoy Contra. :grin: The Mega Man games aren't half-bad either, but I prefer the Mega Man X series.

I see. :) 

I, on the other hoof, never owned any other Nintendo console besides the one mentioned above. :P 

Oh Contra... It hits with nostalgia so much. I used to beat it every single day with my brother. It was our 'tradition' to do so, as we called it. :kindness: Good times. :P 

Second Question

Forgive me if you have stated that somewhere else before, but do you have any siblings?
If yes, what are your relations with them? Good or bad? :please:

• Brohoof 1

Forgive me if you have stated that somewhere else before, but do you have any siblings?
If yes, what are your relations with them? Good or bad? :please:

I do! An older brother and an older sister. :grin: This is how the tree works:

• Sister (26)
  • Brother (23)
  • Me (16)

Needless to say, there's quite a gap between us. :please:

Oh, and about our relationships? We get along... fine. We certainly don't hate each other, but I would be hard pressed to say that we're uber-close. To be honest, the age gap might have something to do with it. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
22 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I do! An older brother and an older sister. :grin: This is how the tree works:

• Sister (26)
  • Brother (23)
  • Me (16)

Needless to say, there's quite a gap between us. :please:

Oh, and about our relationships? We get along... fine. We certainly don't hate each other, but I would be hard pressed to say that we're uber-close. To be honest, the age gap might have something to do with it. :ooh:

Oh nice! :) 

Hmm.. interesting, between my youngest sibling and the oldest there's also a 10-year gap. :P For me and my brother there's a 5.5-year gap, but that's not an issue at all, we get along really well, if I could say so. :) Heh, I keep saying all over the place, that we do a lot of things together (mainly gaming). :P 

Either way I see what you mean ~ at least you're not hating each other, so that's good! ^_^ I'm kinda curious about your differences in interests, as that may be the culprit, but I think that's a little bit too personal and of course, none of my business. :derp:

Third Question

In your profile page you've mentioned games from consoles. (Nintendo fan, huh? :P)
I've been curious, do you play games on PC or prefer to play on consoles?
What kind of games do you prefer in general?

Asking too often? Just say a word and I'll go. :rarity::P  

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

Either way I see what you mean ~ at least you're not hating each other, so that's good! ^_^ I'm kinda curious about your differences in interests, as that may be the culprit, but I think that's a little bit too personal and of course, none of my business. :derp:

Oh, no worries. :grin: We're pretty much all interested in different things, so that might be another contributing factor to our distance. :please: Regardless...

In your profile page you've mentioned games from consoles. (Nintendo fan, huh? :P)

For the most part, yes. :D

I've been curious, do you play games on PC or prefer to play on consoles?

I honestly prefer consoles. Even though my PC is pretty powerful... it requires more maintenance than a console. Not to mention, this PC is pretty damn loud. :D

What kind of games do you prefer in general?

Honestly? My interest in video games has decreased significantly... though I've been showing signs of getting back into it, though not quite to the degree that I was before. I was thinking about getting the Batman: Arkham series for the PS4, as well as Injustice 2. Needless to say, I'm a bit of a fan of DC Comics. :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Hey, @The Recherche

I need to secretly design a suit for @Possibly Cyclone 1066. (Don’t tell Him/Her, okay?) Would it be a good idea to include tan shoes that have pink shoelaces, a vest that is emblazoned with a Polka-dot design, and a large Panama hat which has a purple-coloured hatband?

Only if he promises to take you deep-sea fishing in a submarine, drives you to the movies in a limousine, and shows you his whirly-birdy and his 12-foot yacht. :D

1 hour ago, The Recherche said:

Oh, no worries. :grin: We're pretty much all interested in different things, so that might be another contributing factor to our distance. :please: Regardless...

Yeah, it probably has something to do with this then. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, The Recherche said:

I honestly prefer consoles. Even though my PC is pretty powerful... it requires more maintenance than a console. Not to mention, this PC is pretty damn loud. :D

I see and I agree. Initially I also preferred consoles ~ the comfort in sitting comfortable in front of TV, playing local multiplayer games on one screen! and all of this, but once I bought my first, very own PC with gaming in mind, I stayed with it to this day. :P 

Nevertheless, I still love to switch display to TV and play games with my brother with controllers. While PC does the job done, there often are difficulties with configuring the game properly - the controller management (starting with their order) is extremely poor, but thankfully Steam offers help there, but it's still glitchy... a lot. :adorkable:

Consoles just work without any problems and that's one of the factors that make them better. To be honest I don't mind whether it's PC or console. :P I love playing with both, keyboard+mouse and gamepad, dependable on game.

Eh.. Um.. I'm talking too much again. It's not a thread about me; Reeeeeeeaaally, I keep annoying myself. :please:

2 hours ago, The Recherche said:

Honestly? My interest in video games has decreased significantly... though I've been showing signs of getting back into it, though not quite to the degree that I was before. I was thinking about getting the Batman: Arkham series for the PS4, as well as Injustice 2. Needless to say, I'm a bit of a fan of DC Comics. :D

Oh understandable. :P 

Yeah I see. ^_^ :) 

• Brohoof 2

Say @The Recherche, I've kinda noticed since you got done with school that you seem to be staying up later now, what time do you seem to be finding yourself going to bed at? Is it any later than when you were in school? :ooh:

Not at all, believe it or not; I've always stayed up late, due to my non-existent deadlines. :fluttershy:

I'll admit, though; I probably stay up later than I should. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Hey there! Have I posted on here before? I do not think so!

How was your 4th of July?

What is it like now that you have finished school? How does it feel?

And a question that will probably require an in-depth answer...

What makes Rarity your favorite character? Is it her personality? Her voice? Her good looks? What is it? I just want to know, I think she is one of the best characters too.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

How was your 4th of July?

Not bad! I didn't do a whole lot, but it was a good day. :grin:

What is it like now that you have finished school? How does it feel?

Kinda odd, really. :ooh: Don't get me wrong; it feels nice... but it's crazy that that stage of my life is over, you know?

What makes Rarity your favorite character? Is it her personality? Her voice? Her good looks? What is it? I just want to know, I think she is one of the best characters too.

Honestly? I'm not quite sure... but I think I relate to her pretty well on some level. I'm also perfectionist, I care about my looks on some level, I have a good amount of Generosity... you get the idea. It's also worth mentioning that she is one of the few feminine women in media nowadays that isn't intended to be an antagonist, so there's that as well. :please:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Honestly, I am surprised I have never commented on here... better late than never? :laugh: 

What were your favourite and least favourite school subjects? :) 

What's the best vacation you've ever been on? :adorkable: 

What is your favourite season of the year and why? :rarity:

And finally: What's your opinion on essays? :P;) I deeply apologise :laugh:  (speaking of essays - Sorry for asking enough questions for the answers to be one)

Sorry if any of those had been asked. :P 

Edited by Nightfall Thunder
  • Brohoof 1