Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Recherché's Ask Thread

The Recherche

2 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Interesting. It sounds like you had it easy. A lot of people see very scary images.

Do you drink coffee or tea in the mornings?

Nah; I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, truthfully speaking. While I know that it won't kill you... I don't want to develop a dependence on it, you know? :please:

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Totally Nature Tune said:

What is the longest time you’ve been OFF the forums?

As of now, about 2 days; there was one moment where I was locked out of my account, but the issue was resolved in due time. :grin:

Have you ever considered leaving here? (I HOPE not)

I did, actually. :rarity: I believe it was back in April,where my attention-hog phase was at its worst... and I considered leaving the Forums for good. That ultimately didn't come to pass, but it was definitely a consideration.

Do you like Apple Pie?

Not very much, to be quite honest. I'm not very keen on sweet foods, so that's the most likely reason.

Do you have a Phobia?

Potentially; ever since iI was a child, I have hated severe thunderstorms and the like... so I may or may not have Astraphobia.Lilapsophobia at this point. :please:

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't recall that being mentioned anywhere, what happened that made you step out of the staff position? :o

I assume you are just busy? I won't hide it's still kind of sad to see you no longer be there... I hope everything is alright. :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

I don't recall that being mentioned anywhere, what happened that made you step out of the staff position? :o

I assume you are just busy? I won't hide it's still kind of sad to see you no longer be there... I hope everything is alright. :rarity:

A manner of things. I don't agree with how some things are run, I'm not a fan of some of the other Staffers (no names), my overall interest in the Forums is overall suffering... you get the idea. Not to mention, I plan on job hunting some time this coming autumn; I graduated High School earlier than most folks my age, so I plan to capitalize on the opportunity. :grin: If there was anything good to come out of getting my education online, it was a good 2 year head start. :D Either way, this means that i really won't have the time to patrol the Forums any longer, even if I was still interested. Hopefully that clears the fog.

Oh, and I adore your signature, by the way. :D

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

Have you officially made a come back to the forums? It has been a while since i've seen you post.

I can't say that I have, to be perfectly honest. :please: I'm not sure what I plan on doing in terms of the Forums... but, best case scenario, I become moderately active in the future, and worst case scenario, I just disappear one day. The latter is something that I never could have imagined a while back... but it's a relatively sound prediction, even if it's an extremely pessimistic one. I'm not guaranteeing either course of action, but those are the two extremes which you can expect. :grin: I apologize if any of this comes across as disappointing... but it's just the sharp truth with me nowadays.

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

A manner of things. I don't agree with how some things are run, I'm not a fan of some of the other Staffers (no names), my overall interest in the Forums is overall suffering... you get the idea. Not to mention, I plan on job hunting some time this coming autumn; I graduated High School earlier than most folks my age, so I plan to capitalize on the opportunity. :grin: If there was anything good to come out of getting my education online, it was a good 2 year head start. :D Either way, this means that i really won't have the time to patrol the Forums any longer, even if I was still interested. Hopefully that clears the fog.

Oh, and I adore your signature, by the way. :D

All of those staffers, who do not have Rarity in their profile picture and didn't want to change it? Yeah, shame on them! :proud: Just kidding;
Seriously though, so actually there are some bad news; Was it that bad? :twi: Of course it was a rhetorical question, no need to reply; I get what you're saying and details most likely aren't my business.

I would lie if said, that I'm not disappointed, but that's more in terms of being sad by that fact, rather than literally disappointed in you as a person. I do respect your decision, it is understandable. Real life tends to keep us busy and it is something we all should focus on, that's for sure... ..and if you simply lost interest in being here on top of that, it's understandable as well. While I wish I could do something to change that, I know I can't simply poke you to stay. :please:

I just... I just hate when such good users leave, you know? It is something I experienced countless of times across multiple communities by now and these always are some unwelcome news, if you know what I mean. :twi:

*sigh* Either way, yeah, that clears things, thanks.

I wish you all the best; I hope things will go well for you. :) ---Better than they went for me, heh. :adorkable:

Hah, thanks. :D 

• Brohoof 5

• The title was changed to The Recherché's Ask Thread
  • 6 months later...
Just now, Frostgage said:

what are some of your favorite bands? (I know it's impossible to list just one)

Hm, I did not anticipate needing to dust off this thread. :-D

Either way, It is difficult to say... but of the ones I enjoy thus far, I would have to say Breaking Benjamin, Circus Maximus, Disturbed, or Sabaton. Since you displayed an interest in my sincerity comment, I imagine you would like examples. :grin:

Breaking Benjamin: Without You

Sabaton: En livstid i krig

Disturbed: Already Gone, or Hold on to Memories

And my absolute favorite song of all time... Circus Maximus: Last Goodbye. Reach Within and Remember are absolutely breathtaking as well, but Last Goodbye is astounding beyond words, in my opinion. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Bas said:

Rarity seems to be your mane pony, why is that so and what do you love about her so much?

That is a good question, truly. It is difficult to pinpoint an exact reason, but the best way I can phrase it is that she is everything I strive to be in a way.

Truthfully told, I have struggled with apathy for the longest time... so Rarity being a touch dramatic, while ultimately a character flaw, makes me admire the passion she has for life. I have never payed much heed to my appearance, but Rarity relishes in it. As a whole, I find that Rarity is much like the best version of me; she is a very passionate and lively woman who relishes her life every step of the way. I, on the other hand, have stayed locked in my comfort zone for the majority of my life. It is not that I don't care... it is that I am too afraid to care.

I already enjoy Rarity's character from a mere character basis, but she goes a step beyond that for me, as tacky as it may sound. :mlp_rarity:

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

That “Thanks” reaction is from Rarity herself. X3

Also, hi Rech!! Man I missed chatting with you! How’s life?

Oh, I am beyond flattered! :D

To answer your question, however, not bad at all. I have just arrived home today from a short visit to my sister's home, which was... not the best, to be blunt. :mlp_please: It is no fault of hers, of course, but the visit itself was more due to obligation than a simple desire to speak with her and her husband, since they had just moved into a new home not too long ago, and needed assistance with cleaning and such. Not to mention, her car's battery died quite a ways from home a few days ago, so we had to drive roughly an hour to her destination and back, while also buying a new battery, inspecting the vehicle itself, drive it all the way to her destination... it was a mess. Oh, and it was terribly hot throughout. :mlp_please:

That said, there were some fun times had, such as the various video and board games we played, and also the myriad of simply delightful quotes I picked up along the way (which you may see in the future).  :D 

When all is said and done, I am glad to be home. The beds at my sister's home were terribly inferior to my own. :pout:

Either way, I am glad to see you again as well! :darling: You have always been a joy to speak to, truly.

3 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Oh, and it was terribly hot throughout

I can totally relate to THAT. Summer is the worst. Sorry you had to deal with all that, but I’m glad you’re not letting it dampen your glittering personality!

4 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

You have always been a joy to speak to, truly.

Awwwwwwwwww... shucks... Thanks hon! I’ll be sure to send you a PM sometime so we can catch up. In the meantime, here’s another question!

”What is your favorite kind of soda/pop/soft drink?”

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I can totally relate to THAT. Summer is the worst. Sorry you had to deal with all that, but I’m glad you’re not letting it dampen your glittering personality! 

I may have the heat tolerance of a mastodon, but my eternal charms cannot be dampened by any mere heat! :mlp_proud:

Unless it is above 90 F. :please:

Awwwwwwwwww... shucks... Thanks hon! I’ll be sure to send you a PM sometime so we can catch up.

I would very much like that! :darling: And it is my pleasure.

”What is your favorite kind of soda/pop/soft drink?”

Truly, I am not very fond of soft drinks in general, but I do quite like flavored sparkling water, such as Sparkling Ice. :mlp_grin: If I must pick a true soft drink, however, I would likely say Dr. Pepper.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Unless it is above 90 F. :please:

SAAAAAAME, ugh...

3 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I would likely say Dr. Pepper.

You have good taste! XD

HMMM, let’s see...

“Do you like ancient mythology? Is there a particular one that you find most interesting?”

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

You have good taste! XD

You ever thought otherwise? :mlp_proud:

2 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

what is a historical event that you find interesting?

That is a good question, actually. Though I do not pay much heed to historical events, the one that sticks out to me the most is likely the attack of the dead men. In short, during WW1, the German military deployed mustard gas against a Russian division... but when they began to march into the gas, dozens of Russians with cloths over their mouths, came charging out. In a panic, the German units fled the fortress.

It truly is a horrific event... but all things considered, one must admire how the Russians in this situation absolutely refused to die without purpose. :mlp_grin:

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

“Do you like ancient mythology? Is there a particular one that you find most interesting?” 

Honestly? Not too much. :pout: That said, I do find Egyptian mythology quite interesting, if only because it is among the lesser and more in-depth mythologies that has yet to be thoroughly explored by western media. While interesting, I find Greek and Norse mythology a touch played out at this point, so I would certainly welcome anything related to Egyptian mythology appearing in some form of film, book, or otherwise.

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@The Recherche "If you were Discord for 24 hours, what would you do?" :umad:

Honestly? I would likely invert all of the colours of  our reality for 24 hours or so... just to see what it was like. :-D I would also invert which foods were healthy and unhealthy in that time, just to see what a truly optimal diet in that reality would be.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I would also invert which foods were healthy and unhealthy in that time, just to see what a truly optimal diet in that reality would be.

Sugarcube Everything?!:pinkie:

• Brohoof 1