Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Recherché's Ask Thread

The Recherche

1 minute ago, The Recherche said:

Honestly? I'm not quite sure... but I think I relate to her pretty well on some level. I'm also perfectionist, I care about my looks on some level, I have a good amount of Generosity... you get the idea. It's also worth mentioning that she is one of the few feminine women in media nowadays that isn't intended to be an antagonist, so there's that as well. :please:

Those are all very good reasons. You could describe me as a discouraged perfectionist! :derp:

Are there any other characters that you like from MLP:FiM?

What are things that you look for when trying to find a good musical artist? Hard Rock Guitars? Deep lyrics?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

What were your favourite and least favourite school subjects? :) 

My favorite is Math, while Geology is my least favorite. :grin:

What's the best vacation you've ever been on? :adorkable: 

The one I took to Pennsylvania when I was 7, where we rented a home. I haven't been on many vacations, but that one was pretty nice! :fluttershy:

What is your favourite season of the year? :rarity:

Autumn or winter. I prefer colder weather, needless to say. :grin:

And finally: What's your opinion on essays? :P;) I deeply apologise :laugh: 

tenor.gif?itemid=5611288

2 hours ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Are there any other characters that you like from MLP:FiM?

I quite like Applejack as well. :grin: While Rarity is the closest to me in terms of the Mane 6, AJ is an easy second. Other than that, though, I'm pretty neutral about most MLP characters, with a few standouts like Rarara, Discord, AJ, and so on.

What are things that you look for when trying to find a good musical artist? Hard Rock Guitars? Deep lyrics?

Honestly? I just look up random things like "Power Metal," and just see if I can find anything that I like from there. :fluttershy: I don't mind lyrics too much, but they definitely help!

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

My favorite is Math, while Geology is my least favorite. :grin:

Autumn or winter. I prefer colder weather, needless to say. :grin:

tenor.gif?itemid=5611288

I am in full agreement on all of these responses and would definitely agree with autumn/winter being the best. My poor skin can't handle the sun/heat because of my Godforsaken hair colour :laugh: 

What is your dream job and why? :rarity: 

How much sleep would you say you normally get? :) 

What's your favourite time of day? :kindness: 

And finally: Is your stash of pony gifs and pictures infinite? Because it really seems like it. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

What is your dream job and why? :rarity: 

That's a good question, actually... While I don't mind what exactly I'm doing, I would want something with good pay, loose hours, and something that doesn't strain me too hard. The question is, what is it? :ooh:

How much sleep would you say you normally get? :) 

About 8 hours on average. :fluttershy:

What's your favourite time of day? :kindness: 

I wold have to say nighttime, honestly. That's when I get to wind down, and just relax for a while. :grin:

And finally: Is your stash of pony gifs and pictures infinite? Because it really seems like it. :adorkable:

Infinite doesn't even begin to describe it. :mlp_icwudt:

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@The Recherche

How does someone managed to keep his posts high-quality and respectful? Because I've been having a hard time writing posts without them turning into disrespectful rants. I could really use the advice if I want to become a better person posting in online forums.

Edited by Wholly Windcharger
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

@The Recherche

How does someone managed to keep his posts high-quality and respectful? Because I've been having a hard time writing posts without them turning into disrespectful rants. I could really use the advice if I want to become a better person posting in online forums.

Honestly? The best advice I can give is to be patient; don't rush your responses. :grin: If I am ever in the Debate Pit, for example, it usually takes me about 40 minutes or so to articulate a worthwhile response to the question proposed. Patience is the key, really.

That's the best advice I can give, though; it might be worth asking other folks for their input on the situation as well. :grin:

It will sound silly, but I've been kinda curious. :P
If you could go to Equestria* at the cost of permanently leaving everything you have behind, would you do it? Whichever you choose, please explain your choice. If you don't mind.

* - you'd be transformed into a pony with pretty randomly picked look, race and cutie mark based on your current look/personality/desires/lifestyle/etc..

Now not so silly questions:

- Do you like potatoes in general?

- Do you prefer dogs or cats?

- Are you FABULOUS! :pout:? (interpret that as you wish :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rikifive said:

If you could go to Equestria* at the cost of permanently leaving everything you have behind, would you do it?

Honestly? Nah; running away from your problems is just cowardly, and to be honest.... I like Earth, and I don't want to leave it behind. :grin:

- Do you like potatoes in general? 

Standard ones? Nah... sweet potatoes, though? Yes. :D

- Do you prefer dogs or cats?

Cats, cats, cats. :please: They're more self-sufficient, they're not as needy, they're not as messy.... you get the idea.

Oh, and they purr. :D

- Are you FABULOUS! :pout:? (interpret that as you wish :D

𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷~!

1712446__safe_screencap_rarity_fake+it+'

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Honestly? Nah; running away from your problems is just cowardly, and to be honest.... I like Earth, and I don't want to leave it behind. :grin:

Nobody said it is to run away from problems ;) , unless your current situation points these as a primary thing to consider. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

Nobody said it is to run away from problems ;) , unless your current situation points these as a primary thing to consider. :rarity:

Oh, no worries; I'm doing alright! :fluttershy: I was just saying that as a general statement, though; I don't really like the idea of going to a different reality, just because I don't like this on enough. It almost feels... cowardly, if you know what I mean.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, no worries; I'm doing alright! :fluttershy: I was just saying that as a general statement, though; I don't really like the idea of going to a different reality, just because I don't like this on enough. It feels... coward, almost, if you know what i mean.

That's good then. :fluttershy: Oh, now with this wording I get what you mean. Everything is clear! Fair enough! :grin:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

What are some of your favorite colors?

What are some of your favorite color combinations (besides probably purple and white :D)?

Do you think having an OC is a very important thing when you are in the MLP fandom?

• Brohoof 1

What are some of your favorite colors?

Either Purple, Green, Black, or White. :grin:

What are some of your favorite color combinations (besides probably purple and white :D)?

White and Purple. :P

Spoiler

Black and Gold is very cool, though. :D

Do you think having an OC is a very important thing when you are in the MLP fandom?

Honestly? Nah; I haven't created one myself yet, honestly, so I would be a hypocrite if I said otherwise. :D OCs are fine, but I would rather create entirely new characters for their own individual stories.

• Brohoof 1

Black and Gold is very cool, though. :D

So that would mean you like Songbird Serenade's color scheme then?

Honestly? Nah; I haven't created one myself yet, honestly, so I would be a hypocrite if I said otherwise. :D OCs are fine, but I would rather create entirely new characters for their own individual stories.

I agree. Describing myself is quite hard actually.

Do you write very often, besides essays?

Would you consider yourself fashionable?

• Brohoof 1

So that would mean you like Songbird Serenade's color scheme then?

The color scheme is pretty nice, but her design leaves something to be desired, frankly. :rarity:

Do you write very often, besides essays?

Not at all, actually. I enjoy coming up with characters an backstories for them... but for some reason, i can never get the motivation to write a story for them. :pout:

Would you consider yourself fashionable?

Not quite yet... but I plan on making an effort to improve my appearance soon. :D

• Brohoof 1

Not quite yet... but I plan on making an effort to improve my appearance soon. :D

Then what would you say your current appearance is? If I am not mistaken, I believe you said you have long hair. Don't change that! ;)

• Brohoof 1

Then what would you say your current appearance is? If I am not mistaken, I believe you said you have long hair. Don't change that! ;)

Yeah, I think I'm going to go to a hair stylist's corner and see what they can offer! :grin: Granted, it might be kind difficult considering that I'm a guy, but I'm sure I can work something out!

Anyways, I would describe my current appearance as.. average. i wear t-shits and shorts mostly, alongside heel-length socks an slip-on shoes. Needless to say, I could use an upgrade in terms of fashion... but I think I can work something out in the future. :D

• Brohoof 1

I guess this may be a stupid question, but why not. Why are you indecisive on an avatar? :P

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I guess this may be a stupid question, but why not. Why are you indecisive on an avatar? :P

Because things fall out of fashion all of the time~! :proud:

Jokes aside, I'm not sure. :ooh: I suppose I just grow tired of certain ones, and eventually replace them with images that I really like.

Don't worry, though; I have every intention of sticking to this one for the time being. :proud:

• Brohoof 1

Some questions about your night life...

How much sleep do you get?

Do you usually feel tired or refreshed when you wake up in the morning?

Are you a morning person?

Do you know what sleep paralysis is? If so, have you ever experienced it?

Do your dreams seem to be more about real life, if a bit weird, or extremely strange and fantastical?

• Brohoof 1

How much sleep do you get?

A fair amount; I would say about 9 hours a day. :grin:

Do you usually feel tired or refreshed when you wake up in the morning?

Tired, actually. :please: I don't suppose that's a very good thing, though...

Are you a morning person?

I actually don't mind morning too much... the only thing I have against them is, well... I have to wake up at that time. :please:

Do you know what sleep paralysis is? If so, have you ever experienced it?

Yes, and I vividly remember my first experience with it. I was just in bed but then i suddenly couldn't move, and I heard an extremely loud ringing noise for some reason...

Do your dreams seem to be more about real life, if a bit weird, or extremely strange and fantastical?

My dreams are comparable to acid trips, really. :please: My entire family has the most random dreams you could ask for, really.

No joke; my mother once dreamed that she killed someone with a toothbrush... :please:

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Yes, and I vividly remember my first experience with it. I was just in bed but then i suddenly couldn't move, and I heard an extremely loud ringing noise for some reason...

So you've never had any scary images or hallucinations during it? If it has happened more than once, was it not as scary the more it happened?

• Brohoof 1

So you've never had any scary images or hallucinations during it? If it has happened more than once, was it not as scary the more it happened?

I have not experienced that, no; I am just left paralyzed, and I usually end up hearing an extremely loud noise alongside it... :ooh:

Oh, and the terror pretty much disappeared after the firs time; the first time was easily the most terrifying, due to me not knowing what was happening. The rest of the incidents are inconveniences at worst, though. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

I have not experienced that, no; I am just left paralyzed, and I usually end up hearing an extremely loud noise alongside it... :ooh:

Oh, and the terror pretty much disappeared after the firs time; the first time was easily the most terrifying, due to me not knowing what was happening. The rest of the incidents are inconveniences at worst, though. :grin:

Interesting. It sounds like you had it easy. A lot of people see very scary images.

Do you drink coffee or tea in the mornings?

• Brohoof 1