Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Looking for 1x1/small group RP

Raven Rawne

I've recetly mulled over "returning" to the local RP scene, and, the day has arrived! You may have seen a couple roleplays I made or took part in, so it should give you some insight on my RP style and skill level. Order of the Flower and Canterlot Noire are the most recent ones.

Now, I am looking for a new roleplay, but I don't have any solid ideas just yet to propose a setting and seek participants. Genre wise, I am comfortable with adventure, mystery, action and even romance, most likely a mix of several - I am open to ideas and new things, as long as it may be interesting. As far as players are concerned, 1x1 or up to 4 players are fine by me - adding more people makes it hard to keep track. If the other player(s) feel like it, I am comfortable playing both feral and anthro characters, I'm good with both.

Quite frankly, I am thinking about making a custom OC for the roleplay but, alternatively, I have a few functional and RP-tested ones:

Crystal Clear

Natural Order

Gold Rush & Second Wind (always played together)

So, if anyone feels like ironing out some new RP with me, just shoot. I can promise a reply on every other day, as well as actively co-producing the setting and adding to it proactively, since I am rather decent at worldbuiling and my style looks like a script for a film, but you can see that in my older RP's.

4 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

I've recetly mulled over "returning" to the local RP scene, and, the day has arrived! You may have seen a couple roleplays I made or took part in, so it should give you some insight on my RP style and skill level. Order of the Flower and Canterlot Noire are the most recent ones.

Now, I am looking for a new roleplay, but I don't have any solid ideas just yet to propose a setting and seek participants. Genre wise, I am comfortable with adventure, mystery, action and even romance, most likely a mix of several - I am open to ideas and new things, as long as it may be interesting. As far as players are concerned, 1x1 or up to 4 players are fine by me - adding more people makes it hard to keep track. If the other player(s) feel like it, I am comfortable playing both feral and anthro characters, I'm good with both.

Quite frankly, I am thinking about making a custom OC for the roleplay but, alternatively, I have a few functional and RP-tested ones:

Crystal Clear

Natural Order

Gold Rush & Second Wind (always played together)

So, if anyone feels like ironing out some new RP with me, just shoot. I can promise a reply on every other day, as well as actively co-producing the setting and adding to it proactively, since I am rather decent at worldbuiling and my style looks like a script for a film, but you can see that in my older RP's.

I'm interested if you're aright with my less impressive post quality, and the fact that I can't promise any regularity on my posting due my time not being in my control.

I have few OCs that I haven't been able to play yet, and I would play with one or more of them if we are to RP. You can choose who you want me to play. 

Spoiler

5a1ad4acac5db_Hetheyandit.thumb.png.a7871b78956a74ce876ed59a723e865b.png

He is made of fire.

It is made of Dark Magic

All of them are ghosts in a way. (Can disappear, supernatural. Can choose to be solid.)

They's halves are opposites, Light (Emits light) and Dark ("Absorbs" light), One Loves living things, and other Hates everything living. One Helps life grow, and other kills it. One hopes the best for all life, and other hopes only the worst. etc.

The things between They isn't solid thing, it's more of a this type of thing,

Il61QTL.gif&key=8af9b97ee155a70f4c86a5b9

but magic or something similar. 

The plants are not part of 'They', it's just there as a illustration. 

Spoiler

Lunar Charm.png

Draconequus.png

Head = cat, Body and hands = dragon, Hooves = pony, Wings = bat, Tail = lion

Edited by Pvt. Cerberus

Hmm... I'd prefer some measure of regularity to the new roleplay, since my previous ones all perished from lack of replies. Also, I have looked at your OC's and I'm afraid their supernatural or otherwise heavily magical vibe would clash with my "regular" characters. I generally aim to write them as sort of everyponies who could be walking the streets of any Equestrian town, living their lives, and then the RP happens.

• Brohoof 1

I’m certainly interested. I don’t have a specific character in mind; I’m working on a new one right now actually. I’m kind of new to role playing but I like writing detailed stories, so if you’d like to discuss ideas and stuff let me know! 

@SummerHaven

Yes, your roleplay posts look promising if I may say so. Now, as I have pointed out, I am rather adaptive as far as themes are concerned so, what genres are you interested in? I can make a simple scenario draft if you give me some info on what you're looking for in your roleplays. Anything goes really, although, personally, I like to roleplay in canon Equestria, kind of in the grey areas the show didn't cover. Case in point being Canterlot Noire. I even have a concept for an OC for a simillar setting, which I aimed to use in that RP.

@Raven Rawne

Oh I’m not too picky. I definitely agree on the canon Equestria part though. I like my characters to be at least somewhat believable in that aspect. And like I said, my character is still in development so I can tweak it as needed. I would kind of like it to have some action/adventure to it though. Also I don’t really like dealing with the political aspects much. It’s fine if that’s included as long as it’s not the main focus. I’d love to hear your ideas though! 

@SmokeSong since you haven't had any pony RP going on in a while, then I guess I won't be able to take a peek on your work, correct? Also, are you intending to play as Mako? At this point I don't really have any solid P plan but, I have some concerns about her being so young. On an ff topic note, I am still waiting fhr hat reference material to draw her.

@SummerHaven first thing that comes to mind is some good old monster hunting, heh. But, since this is Equestria, and not Witcher/Van Helsing universe, I'd say that the "Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures" (you may recall this thing from the Breezies episode) is handling the affairs between ponies and said rare creatures, and step in when they clash. Which means everything from pushing paperwork in order to stop the founding of a new coal mine where something rare lives, to reallocating creatures when ponies take their habitat an, yes, putting some to rest if they go on a rampage or start causing too much trouble. The last being an extreme measure of course. So, our OC's could be th agents of said organisation and walk Equestria up and down as they're given tasks from the higher ups. The cons of this will be constant NPC interactions as well as making up all these critters andtheir habits. Stil, worlbuilding.

Another idea is the classic detective story in a bg city, not necessarily my vision of Canterlot but it's a ready made concept. Two civilians band together as private eyes to line their pockets with rewards and catch criminals. I have a half made private eye OC for this actually.

Third idea that just came to me is something slightly different. Appleloosa is the farthest South pony town, and the gateway to the Badlands - the region that is just as dangerous as it can be rewarding. A gold rush starts to spin up in the region and a gusrd posting is founded, so the guardponies can keep the gold obsessed ponies safe from both the wildlife, as well as themselves. Not that the local Sheriff likes it thiugh but, he had his hooves full anyway. Anything goes from patrolling the roads, scaring away monsters, adresing tensions between the miners and locals and everything we can toss in really. Our characters would be the guards of course. Alternatively, we can dittch theguards and let's say the Sheriff got extra finds to pay more Deputies.

@Raven Rawne

Hmm To be honest they all sound good but I reeeeeally like the first idea. That sounds like a ton of fun to do (making unofficial creatures for it sounds fun too). My second pick would be the 3rd choice. I feel like there’s a lot we could do with that once it gets developed. And for the second choice, while I like the idea I just don’t know how well I would be able to adapt to the crime/detective aspect to it. I never written something like that and it might not be as strong on my end as the other two. I’m willing to give it a shot though if you really want to do that one.

@SummerHaven Affirmative, 1 or 3 it is. Unless you'd like to propose something else, which is entirely fine by me.

Now, the grand journey itself, what are you interested in seeing? A series of awesome adventures, struggles within society and the world around it, psychology of the characters... I mean, in order to make a lasting RP, all things need to be taken into account. For example, I am very keen on presenting the nental state of my characters, how they see the world and their reactions, especially to difficult choices. For that, a somewhat darker setting is desired, where they can experience such dilemmas. Of course, it's just an example and not something I wish to impose on you.

Choice one is very promising when it comes to making a lasting story. It also allows to alernate between periods of calm and turmoil as the tasks will vary. Choice three is... Well it's inherently more violent and darker, since the characters are meant to keep the peace and safety, sometimes Judge Dredd style. We should be able to keep it within the forums rules with ease but it will be rather combat oriented.

I'd like you to think for a moment about things you wish to incorporate, like I've mentioned already. The feeling you want the setting to have, the mood, how the characters will interact with the world on some basic level. I usually play the RP in my head for some time to get the feel of what it may look like, and decided if this is what I want, or tweak it to something I will like more.

@Raven Rawne

The first choice would give a lot of freedom in that regard. Since the characters can be assigned different tasks and stuff we can incorporate different kinds of conflicts both internal and external. It could open up a lot of good character development. I'm excited for the world building too. As for the overall setting, I'm not sure where you are wanting them based, but if we go with that option I would kind of like it to begin before the characters (or at least mine) join the organization. I think it will help once I get my character done (and I'll have time tomorrow to work on it and get that ready.) 

If we go with the other option, I feel like we might be a bit more limited just because the characters would be stuck in one area. Which would be fine but we would probably have to work harder to keep it interesting. 

As for the overall tone of the RP, I'm not really sure. I guess it depends on the final characters we choose and the which idea we go with.

@SummerHaven then I think it's settled, that the first scenario will probably work best for us. Now, my character is sstill in... early alpha but I am starting to get the feel of her (I tend to roll with female characters and this will be no different).

So, a prequel? It might be interesting but also rather hard to incorporate. But then, it's just something to figure out, not some mighty obstacle.

As far as the Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures itself, we have no actual info on it from the show proper, and I have an idea for it being an Non-Goverment Organisation that is being given money from the State in order to do certain things for the public, like giving opinions on ecological effects of major investments, or block them entirely if a rare species will be led to extinction or disposessed of it's envirnment. Going on-site and making sure nothing rare lives there sounds like a job for us on calm periods. The organisation would also oversee trade of these creatures and their parts, like throphies, hence poachers would be a possible "enemy faction" when they geta lead on illegal trade and poaching. And there are of course the more nitty gritty tasks of relocating creatures that come too close to pony homes or cause harm. The main headquaters of the Society would be in Canterlot, predictably, and from there it would send it's associates (meaning, us) to do the job all over Equestria.

Sounds okay? Maybe you have some ideas how to set things up? We still need to agree on how to start the RP (a meeting in the main HQ and being sent someplace comes to mind), and how to run the prequel.

@Raven Rawne

That works out perfectly actually! I was planning on having my character based in Canterlot. And we don’t have to do the prequel thing, I just thought it might be a nice way to introduce our characters (if one of them is new.)

Since the organization itself is kind of grey area in the canon, we have a lot to work with. It makes sense that it’s based in Canterlot though. Do you think it should be like a huge well known thing or something that in its early stages with just a dozen or so members? 

To start we could have my character already accepted in, but heading to the first meeting. They could meet that way and possibly be assigned to a task together? Or do you think they should already know each other?

@SummerHaven

Personally, I think it would add interest if the organisation had long traditions, but only recently had a bunch of extra duties dropped on it's head by the Palace, and now they are strugling to keep up with their current pony resources. With all the experienced associates, those who are employed full time I mean (Fluttershy would be like, a casual member, maybe?) gone on errands of their own, the higher ups may decide that 2 green leaves may fare better together for a start. In this scenario, our OC's would be freshly certified associates (agents sounds too spy-ish) who may have seen each other in passing, but never worked together before, haiving been assigned to different experienced ponies to learn the ropes.. They could meet in Canterlot HQ at the meeting where they will be tasked with their first assignment, something trivial, maybe unexpectedly turning major.

How about that, hm?

@Raven Rawne

So it’s been there awhile but recently grown in duties without enough members to carry the workload. That sounds good to me! The only thing is I’d kind of like my character to have very little training so that she’s pretty new to the whole thing. Is that ok? 

I’m almost done with my character. I’ll post it soon!  

Also do you think we should move this to a separate OCC thread? 

On a side note: poniverse just crashed while I was typing my response, soooo that was fun. Haha 

(edited)

@SummerHaven

That's totally OK! With the way we shape the ESPRC, the only reason why they would pair up ponies in their emply was... yeah, because they didn't really believe neither of them would make it on their own at first. My OC would be green as a Haysead grass frog herself. By the way, meet Clarity:

A lean bult young adult unicorn mare, sporting a pale lavender coat and long, straight, pure white mane and tail, and amethyst eyes. The former reaches to her shoulders and she sweeps it to the sides, or behind in a slightly messy updo. Her tail is more cooperative, despite reaching over halfway down her legs. Her cutie mark is a scratched looking glass, meaning she's very keen and observant, but also kind of ditzy. Some say she's a genius ditz. Naturally studious and eager to learn, she was all too eager to let her siblings fight for the small family shop in Canterlot as future inheritance, and seek her own way. She came upon ESPRC  when they were running an event in one of the partks, and she liked the idea. So much that, yeah, she's about to work for them full time. While she adores animals, she's still a city pony and have some problems with spending time away from running water and such. Being naturally moody, she can be a real cheer up, or a total downer, especially when she's bored. All in all, never a dull day with her around!

So, yeah that's a rather quick overwiew but she's custom made for this specific RP. Still, she will grow as I run mock up scenarios of her interactions. I'll draw some reference for her when I have the time too.

Edited by Raven Rawne

@SummerHaven Lookin' good! Although I see a teensy issue with her being both Royal Guard and ESPRC full time associate. I mean, she would ned to stay in her posting (not necessarily barracks, but, Canterlot if she was in the local garrison) unless on a leave, or so I see the guard life. Just something I noticed.

All in all, it seems we are reaching the point of readiness. Any ideas for the RP name?

@Raven Rawne

I was actually thinking about that while incorporating the ESPRC into her bio and this is what I came up with:

Frenzy had a very stressful first few months on duty and decides to take some time off. While she is on vacation leave, she notices the flier and decides to join the organization (presumably part time). After her first few missions, she decides she loves it and becomes a full time member, either leaving her other job or doing that part time or seasonally instead. At least that’s what I’m thinking right now. 

Hmm for the name how about something like

Fantasy Fables of Equestria or 

Defenders of Hidden Beasts 

or...something else? I don’t know. Names are hard. haha

@SummerHaven haha the drill Sargeant would throw a fit if he heard of being part time guard but, whatever works really, she's your character.

Hmm, how about "The Balancing Scale"? I know, seems really off but consider what the ESPRC does - it balnces out the needs of ponies and rare creatures in the limited space of Equestria. At least that's how I see it.

Now, the RP start proper - how about our OC's rush to an urgent meeting in the Society's headquarters, eager but anxious, feeling it just may be their first ride out solo? They would meet just before the doors and puzzle what the hay os going on, till the NPC hosting the meeting sorts it out? I can play the NPC, no problem. Also, the first assignment. Something simple turned out serious.... maybe a checkup trip to Tall Tale because ponies started reporting sightings of a (place a harmless critter), and the Society wants to know if their population spread so far up North, only to discover something nastier moved in too?

Also, since I left it out (it's my first unicorn, pardon me), Clarity can do fine telekinesis and "magelight" - bacisally lighting her horn to make it glow, but she never had the patience to learn complex spells or anything she didn't have use for anyway... Her magic aura matches her amethyst eyes.

17 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@SummerHaven haha the drill Sargeant would throw a fit if he heard of being part time guard but, whatever works really, she's your character.

I know right! She’s totally going to get yelled at and probably have to choose between the two but that’s fine. I’ll deal with it when we get to that point.

Hmm, how about "The Balancing Scale"? I know, seems really off but consider what the ESPRC does - it balnces out the needs of ponies and rare creatures in the limited space of Equestria. At least that's how I see it.

That’s fine. I’m not picky about the title.

Now, the RP start proper - how about our OC's rush to an urgent meeting in the Society's headquarters, eager but anxious, feeling it just may be their first ride out solo? They would meet just before the doors and puzzle what the hay os going on, till the NPC hosting the meeting sorts it out? I can play the NPC, no problem. Also, the first assignment. Something simple turned out serious.... maybe a checkup trip to Tall Tale because ponies started reporting sightings of a (place a harmless critter), and the Society wants to know if their population spread so far up North, only to discover something nastier moved in too?

That’s kind of what I was thinking too, so sounds good. Is it going to be a canon critter to start or something new? If new, I can help design it :D  (Also let me know if/when you want me to play any NPC’s. I’m fine with you taking most of them though if you want them.) 

Also, since I left it out (it's my first unicorn, pardon me), Clarity can do fine telekinesis and "magelight" - bacisally lighting her horn to make it glow, but she never had the patience to learn complex spells or anything she didn't have use for anyway... Her magic aura matches her amethyst eyes. 

Not a problem, I figured I’d find out at some point. Haha 

@Raven Rawne

Answers in bold 

Edited by SummerHaven
Forgot tag (I do this a lot)

@SummerHaven

Seems like we have the hang of it. So, if you feel like it, please, make the threads and open up the RP. I'll be able to start within... 20 hours from now. Time difference you see. And if you can come up with some cool rare creature, that would be great! And if you need any info on my OC, just ask away since I know this quick summary gives me lots of freedom in acting her.