Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler How hyped are you for S8?

CastletonSnob

I'm pretty open to the concept. Only time will tell of the writers present the concept in a great manner or not. I'm almost never disappointed with how the writers write the episodes, so I only hope it will turn out well.

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, FizzyGreen said:

I'm unfortunately 0% hyped because i've been super distant to the fandom and the show for a few months already :(

Why not binge watch the show again so you can rediscover why you liked the show in the first place? ;)

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Jonny Music said:

Why not binge watch the show again so you can rediscover why you liked the show in the first place? ;)

My best friend, who i like but isn't that good for me, laziness, is the cause.

And my other friend, who i like less but who is a bit better for me, responsibility, too.

We make a horrible trio.

Just now, FizzyGreen said:

My best friend, who i like but isn't that good for me, laziness, is the cause.

And my other friend, who i like less but who is a bit better for me, responsibility, too.

We make a horrible trio.

Making excuses won't get you anywhere. If you want something so bad, you gotta work for it. No exceptions.

You are only stopping yourself from doing it. You have no one else to blame but yourself.

Of course, it's your choice whether you want to heed my counsel or not.

• Brohoof 1

Tbh i don't really care much about this new season.

It seems they focus in this new friendship school stuff and my only interest in this series is more about the background story. So as long they don't release a new episode like perfect pear, i can gladly skip it.

5 minutes ago, Jonny Music said:

Making excuses won't get you anywhere. If you want something so bad, you gotta work for it. No exceptions.

You are only stopping yourself from doing it. You have no one else to blame but yourself.

Of course, it's your choice whether you want to heed my counsel or not.

I know that.

Which has led me to the conclusion that i don't want all of this, after all. ...but i kind of do.

Well, the fact that i am here at all means that i got my hindquaters up to get into all of this again.

I dunno, i am bad at doing stuff and changing my life. So all i can do is try :crackle:

Edited by FizzyGreen

I am actually curious in seeing how the new friendship school will play out as I feel like it has some potential to be interesting.

While I can't say that I am super hyped for this season, as over the years my excitement for the show, even if I still like it, isn't as high as it used to be, I am still looking forwrd to seeing season 8 this weekend.

Not really hyped because I already found the last seasons not really good. I will watch it like all the other seasons before, but I don't have any big expectations to this season. I am also not so with ponies and the fandom anymore (I even don't watched the EQG shorts or the newest EQG movie).

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

S8 is almost upon us. How hyped are you?

Gonna be honest, I'm not a fan of the School of Friendship concept. Teaching non-pony races about friendship feels a little too "White Man's Burden" for my taste.

You leave me no choice.

(Spike sings to every creature)

Spike: Friendship Day, make sure you know way, after March 24th be careful what you say, Friendship Day for all creatures led a stray, we all know that Pony culture's better anyway!

• Brohoof 2

I'm not dreading it, but I don't see myself getting really excited for it. I really don't see myself giving a shit about the school or its students, whom seem to be getting tons of focus this season

Spoiler

according to the leaks though, there are some fantastic sounding episodes that sound really good if handled by the right person

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Gonna be honest, I'm not a fan of the School of Friendship concept. Teaching non-pony races about friendship feels a little too "White Man's Burden" for my taste.

And I totally called it. Didn't think it'd be in the OP, however. There's no escaping politics these days.

---

Bueno, I'm just being patient with it. Every time I hear about a date for a new episode, it feels like the inter-season hiatus went by really fast. Part of me still can't believe that the season premiere is coming this soon, I feel. Not that I'm complaining of course.

The trailer did its job, though: it got me curious. If there's anything I'm worried about, it's that it'll be the same old shtick with different characters. I'd like for the writers to pursue greater risks for greater rewards for this season. That'll probably mean we'll get a number of bad if not terrible episodes but hopefully there will be those few very stellar episodes that'll come to define the season. The bad episodes will eventually fade from memory anyway.

Edited by Querch

I'm trying not to be, because this show has burned me too many times in the past, but it wasn't that long ago that I enjoyed season 6, and I'm really excited about the school. Not necessarily because I find the concept interesting, but because at least it's a big change to the status quo which gives the show some direction. It's kind of the safest major change the show could possibly make, and the idea of a "friendship school" is pretty dumb, but if adjusting to a new cast means the show gets a new jolt of energy, then fine, I'm in. Plus, I keep hearing tidbits from the leaks, and each of them has made me more excited for what's to come. Fingers crossed that the mane six get some better episodes this season as well. 

My enthusiasm for this show isn't what it used to be, because I've been watching it for six years now, but I keep hoping it can reignite my love for it and become easier for me to recommend in full. 

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

That's fair, and it's something this show has struggled with. It's kinda silly to make "friendship" a specifically pony value, and having other species so consistently better themselves by adopting pony values isn't something I'm entirely comfortable with. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

Not hyped at all — maybe except for The Maud Couple.

I’m really hoping that Pinkie will be the only Mane Six member to appear in that episode, but this image might not allow that to happen:

latest?cb=20180208180443

20 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Not hyped at all — maybe except for The Maud Couple.

I’m really hoping that Pinkie will be the only Mane Six member to appear in that episode, but this image might not allow that to happen:

latest?cb=20180208180443

Are you seriously gonna let minor cameos gonna ruin an episode for yourself?

16 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

Are you seriously gonna let minor cameos gonna ruin an episode for yourself?

In the case of Rock Solid Friendship (her only one so far other than RARITY’s cameo in there), at least a little bit.

1 hour ago, Evil queen twilight said:

Yep I ready for it to come out

twilight get out evil you are being nightmere moon right now jezz plz twilight my fateful student plz be good again  

# im this ready for it is 10000000000%