Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need help with my OC. A few draconnequis questions.

Unity

So I am trying to create my OF and not sure how people feel about this, but I want to make a draconnequis OF. So first off I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Now onto the point. I have a few questions having to do with draconnequis's to see if my envisioned OC is Lore appropriate. First of all, are Draconnequis's only mean?  the wording for that was hard because I'm not sure that discord is more mean than trying to have a good laugh. So do Draconnequis's have to have their own sort of elements( like discord has chaos) and my other question is how would I create a Draconnequis OC. I'm not good at drawing so that's off the charts. Is there any sort if Draconnequis OC maker?

Edited by donttellmum

Draconequis are just chaotic beings. Chaos does Not automatically mean evil. Discord is proof of that. Heck, @Maple Bat made one named Woody as the son of Discord and Fluttershy 20 years after the show's conclusion.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, We. said:

Draconequis are just chaotic beings. Chaos does Not automatically mean evil. Discord is proof of that. Heck, @Maple Bat made one named Woody as the son of Discord and Fluttershy 20 years after the show's conclusion.

I was thinking of a good draconnequis, sort or the opposite of discord. Where instead of chaos he helps people :pp would that work?

Edited by donttellmum

Just now, donttellmum said:

I was thinking of a good draconnequis, sort or the opposite of discord. Where instead of chaos he helps people :pp would that work?

Well, since Discord is a Chaotic Being, when he tried to be anything but chaotic, he actually started to disappear, potentially forever if it weren't for Fluttershy. (Season 7 Discordant Harmony). Still Discord does use his chaotic magic to play pranks for fun and they actually can be helpful when used the right way.

By the way, @Maple Bat said he'll help you once he gets to his computer. So be patient.

15 minutes ago, We. said:

Well, since Discord is a Chaotic Being, when he tried to be anything but chaotic, he actually started to disappear, potentially forever if it weren't for Fluttershy. (Season 7 Discordant Harmony). Still Discord does use his chaotic magic to play pranks for fun and they actually can be helpful when used the right way.

By the way, @Maple Bat said he'll help you once he gets to his computer. So be patient.

Hmmm I'm not good at following my own rules. I'l try to make my vision into a good OC though.

*raises hand*  May I?

I've always thought of them as elemental beings of their own type of chaos: If Discord is just, say, one of the draconequui who are 'trickster' chaos, then perhaps there's a 'fortune' chaos, whose magic makes weird things happen... but with good effects afterward?  Just a thought.

Honestly, there hasn't been enough information given in the series to make a completely accurate guess... but I'd wager that anything within limits (i.e. no Mary Sues, please) could make for an interesting character.

Focus more on the personality of the OC, and their particular brand of chaos should eventually come to you, through The Creator's Virtue of Imagineering!  :umad:

• Brohoof 1

So about the magic stuff and you said you wanted Good effects, So starting this is very possible, Draconequi don't necessarily have to be based on Chaotic magic, It seems Discord is but the thing about them is, Like any unicorn, they can learn how to use basically any sorta magic, Chaotic or strange magic is very potentially something only Discord is capable of. If however you want to use Chaos magic it's still possible to use it for good. 

Little thing I wanted to go over is something more of a headcanon thing. I see that when Discord uses magic he has to snap to be able to do so (Seen in Discordant Harmony) I see this as, "Draconequus have to have a 'Different' way of using magic reflective of personality" Discord has a very Prideful and almost arrogant personality thus snapping. My Oc Woodland Orchestra that @We. mentioned shows this as I wrote he needs to be able to sing to use Magic, I like this personally and felt like recommending it but you don't have to nor should you feel you have to since it is my headcanon after all.

Edited by Maple Bat

Does anyone know if a draconnequis can change into other things? Just like changeings. Although I'm pretty sure that draconnequis's can pretty much do anything. If that' the case I think I'll make a pony form as well.

14 minutes ago, donttellmum said:

Does anyone know if a draconnequis can change into other things? Just like changeings. Although I'm pretty sure that draconnequis's can pretty much do anything. If that' the case I think I'll make a pony form as well.

Sure. Discord did transformed into butturflies. As long as it's unusual or doesn't make sense, they can do it. He even pretended to be a pony to fool Tirek.

(edited)

Never realized how hard making an OC was. You feel like you just want to make them the best at everything.

Edited by donttellmum