Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the longest you have walked in one go?

Reecejackox

I think it was about 1.2km took me something like 5 hours to travel all that, what a memory, maybe I will try to beat my record someday.:P

10 Miles, from my families' home to town, most of which was alongside the dual carriageway. It took three and a half hours. Why? Simple boredom was the reason and I vowed never to do it again when I realised I couldn't walk back the full distance without being in agony...

cant remember distcances, but ive done army cadet training when I was a teen. I remember a hike going on all day. We camped and spent the next day just walking. Got to the point in late afternoon. but i cant remember the distance.

Im used to just walking in "automatic" on walks in the Lake District. For someone who is very unfit, 3-5 miles is huge.

6 miles, in Arizona heat, without any water. My school had a system where bus drivers will refuse to let you on without a school ID with the bus number. I should of called my parents, and didn't think of that till I was already 5 miles in.

I was going to say about 10 miles for this one mountain hike I went on, but then I remembered I used to work at a restaurant where one day I worked for 12 hours, with my only break being 5 minutes for lunch, so I'd say minimum of 25 miles.

I walked six miles to a store and back last summer with only very short breaks. I was sore for days! Even though I'm technically not out of my 20s, my body doesn't feel so young anymore. D:

• 8 months later...

If I calculated correctly, I have twice walked about 40km under 12 hours in the last few years. Though these were not a continuous walks as I did take several breaks during those times. I think feet pain became noticeable around a third of the way and became excruciatingly painful about two thirds the way in. The manner in which I walked approaching the end of those walks were very unnatural as I was suffering from pain waist down; my feet was covered in blisters by the end of both walks. I may do it again, but I definitely do not intend to do it on a regular basis by any means; probably once a year at most.

The longest I'd walk was four miles from my school to the hospital where my mom worked, I think she wanted me to go there for some reason or another can't remember what though.  I think she wanted to go somewhere immediately after work and didn't have the time to go back home and pick me up???

Actually, you know what?  I think I've walked further on the treadmill before, if that counts?  I walked/jogged on the treadmill for around 8 miles one times once I think about it.  It was at a time where I was completely OBSESSED with going to the gym.

Edited by Thuja
Remembered something.

I used to walk daily for exercise and my route would be 4-6 miles. Depending how far I felt like going that day. I started to loose some weight, but I hate being out and about all alone.

• 2 weeks later...