Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Pinkie pie really murder her friends?

Unity

So I just watched this video

https://youtu.be/YjVYBWdGX9I

And I got to thinking.

Could Pinkie Pie really kill her friends?

I know he explains it but I was wondering if you guys think it really is possible that this could happen.

And please no "it won't happen because it' a kids show"

So could she really turn into a murderous psychopath because of her Mania?

so i just watched the last part, and also realized that the chances of her having all the other mental disorders that she would probably have to have in order to do anything like that would be pretty slim. but im pretty sure its possible.

Edited by donttellmum

14 minutes ago, donttellmum said:

And I got to thinking.

I know he explains it but I was wondering if you guys think it really is possible that this could happen.

This video is over 3 years old based on a Dark Fan Fiction that came out all the way back in 2011 that has been done to death by now. No one should treat the idea of a murderous Pinkie Pie seriously anymore. So NO she would never do a thing like that.

My advice: don't take the years-old fan works seriously, especially if they came out before 2013.

Edited by We.
  • Brohoof 7

Given that she can break the laws of physics at will and become mentally unbalanced at the drop of hat... there is the potential for it to happen, but her friends after knowing what happened in Party Of One and Secrets And Pies could EASILY see it coming.

Nope tbh thinking today the last pony to do such a thing would be pinkie pie. This only exists because of party of one and the alter ego “Pinkamena” a dark straight haired version of her.

109AE93B-7E9E-4E03-966F-77C2A78A91E7.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

No. Even in "Party of One", she just came up with imaginary friends to replace the friends she thought had abandoned her. She did imagine the objects talking to her, but she thought Rocky calling her friends losers was harsh, so I doubt even her imagination would get her to do anything hurtful. The only way she hurt anyone in that episode was by sitting on Rainbow Dash, and we have also seen Fluttershy act similarly in a comparable situation (in "Dragon Quest") – I don't think either of them meant to hurt her. There are very few characters in MLP that I could imagine killing someone, and none of the Mane 6 are part of that group.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, donttellmum said:

And I got to thinking.

so i just watched the last part, and also realized that the chances of her having all the other mental disorders that she would probably have to have in order to do anything like that would be pretty slim. but im pretty sure its possible.

Hell NO!

You know what everycreature...here, this is what the Mane 6's real reaction would be to Cupcakes.

RD would laugh her flank off at that

• Brohoof 1

Could she? You mean is she physically capable of it? She's beyond physically capable, because physics don't even apply to her. But would she? No. Absolutely not. Pinkamena is just a fan-made character (well that is technically her name, but you know what I mean).

• Brohoof 2

The problem with that video hinges on the idea that Pinkie Pie would have homicidal ideation. I'm not contesting that she could have a mental illness of some sort (I mean, she hallucinated, she should probably get that checked out), but she shows no symptoms of homicidal ideation at any point. Her paranoia extends to believing that her friends dislike her. I think what happens is that Pinkie Pie has nervous breakdowns easily, and rather than having those manifest internally like they do some people with mental illness, they manifest externally, which can lead to reckless behavior that can get herself and others hurt - but this would not be the same demonstrative murderous intent that Cupcakes describes. In fact, Cupcakes is more along the lines of sadism, as she clearly appears to enjoy hurting her friend.

Do keep in mind that a lot of people with mental illness are a lot more likely to be harmful to themselves than they are to people around them. Pinkie Pie is far more likely to engage in a reckless behavior that can get her seriously harmed or worse than she is to go on a murderous rampage against her friends and stuff them into, of all things, cupcakes.

Saying that this "could" be possible is like saying it "could" be possible for a giant meteor to come in and strike Earth, severing it and ending all life as we know it. Yeah, there's a possibility, but it's so small it's probably not worth worrying about it. I'd be far more concerned of her mental state as far as Pinkie herself is concerned rather than whether or not her friends are in danger being around her.

Edited by Wolfhog
i promise english is my first language
  • Brohoof 3

No, of course not! While she's a very energetic and bubbly pony, there's absolutely no way she could go down that path. Otherwise, there wouldn't be the Elements of Harmony.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

No.  Whoever thinks that Cupcakes fanfic is Canon needs to realize that the writers of My Little Pony would NEVER go down that path.

Except a slight nod by making Pinks use actual rapid fire cupcakes, with the frosting as gag blood in the pony movie  :dash:

No. Pinkie Pie is not real and neither are her friends, and they are the product of a company that would never do something like that.

Seriously, what is with all these hypothetical gonzo questions lately? I get the whole people like to ask "what if" scenarios, but it is like we are not even watching the same show with some of the questions we are seeing lately.

• Brohoof 3

On 3/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Except a slight nod by making Pinks use actual rapid fire cupcakes, with the frosting as gag blood in the pony movie  :dash:

A little nod to the fandom is definitely not the same as implementing it as an actual, full-on plot point.

53 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Seriously, what is with all these hypothetical gonzo questions lately? I get the whole people like to ask "what if" scenarios, but it is like we are not even watching the same show with some of the questions we are seeing lately.

This honestly isn't a weird question to ask, considering it's clearly inspired by the "Cupcakes" fanfic which was written years ago. The crux of it is 'would the events in that fic be possible?'

I kind of like it (that is, the hypothetical questions) lately, though. The show wouldn't tackle it, we know that for sure, which is why it's so interesting to talk about - since the show is never going to confirm it, the speculation can go in multiple different directions.

On 3/23/2018 at 5:44 AM, Alvin Yakitori said:

What’s with all the morbid and edgy topics popping up lately?

Tragedy and comedy go hand in hand. :P

• Brohoof 2

Even though we've seen Pinkie go to the brink of insanity on a couple of occasions and as a princess of chaos--see the MLP IDW comic--I don't think she is truly capable of being malicious as it just wouldn't be in her nature nor in her best interests. Besides, Hasbro would never allow it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...