Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Delete topic option

Karnak

Actually, we don't have the option to delete posts. We can remove their contents via editing though.

There are few reasons why we don't have the ability to permanently remove contents. You'll find more information in this thread.

You can always ask a staff member to remove your contents if you believe, that their existence is no longer relevant. You can also report these contents. Moderators will judge if removal is indeed necessary or not.

• Brohoof 4

On 1/24/2018 at 7:06 AM, Jeric said:

Being on the staff side of the equation and knowing what I know, there isn't any way in hell I would favor just anyone being able to delete their posts. Screw that. I've seen some blatant assholes on here go for months harassing members viciously over something as stupid as best pony disagreement. Giving said shitweasel the ability to delete any infraction gives them a get out of jail free card that would serve to protect them and drive other members away. 

I say no

From the topic that @Rikifive linked. I'm even more opposed to being able to delete topics. Too much opportunity for ill intended vandalism with popular topics. 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:45 AM, Rikifive said:

Actually, we don't have the option to delete posts. We can remove their contents via editing though.

Aye. Amusingly enough, I've built something that saves the post urls to an archiver -- mainly when I see a member likes to do that and they post in a topic I frequent or created. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Aye. Amusingly enough, I've built something that saves the post urls to an archiver -- mainly when I see a member likes to do that and they post in a topic I frequent or created. 

I think it also can be achieved with just e-mails. :P E-mail notifications have the message/post/status/st.reply preview in them, so you're getting and keeping the very first version of the post, even if it will be edited afterwards. You won't get the next versions though. :derp: 

That's of course assuming, that it still works that way. I have used e-mail notifications for a moment back on V3. Not sure about V4. I still have Buffy's message in my e-mails. :wub: