Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has any human stumbled into Equestria and decided to stay?

Skytower

I was thinking about this after Forgotten Friendship.  We've now at had at least 5 beings from Equestria go through the portal and at least 4 of them have stayed.  If anyone from the human world used a similar type of portal or the same portal would we even know about them?  Maybe a student from CHS wandered through the portal, or fell through during Friendship Games and just decided to stay and blend into the background, much as Sunset Shimmer decided to stay in the world of CHS.  Euqestria could have a transformed human wandering around and no one would know.

• Brohoof 2

This is a great question - I've often considered this as well. To be honest the portal really isn't all that well hidden so I like to think that some human has stumbled through it at some point and integrated themselves in Equestria :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Fact: half the ponies in Equestria are really humans, and half the humans are really ponies from Equestria.

Another fact: Dragonlord Ember is really a dog.

Mind.  BLOWN.

16 hours ago, Hierok said:

ddc.gif

Maybe we see that human almost every episode. :orly:

I loved this outtake so much.  I want this to be canon so badly.  This is like, the Pinkiest thing that Pinkie would ever do.  It would just be so like her to randomly switch places with her doppleganger on a regular basis, and the two of them would just step in and live the other's life without missing a beat, and then just switch back.  After awhile, they would honestly start to forget who was originally the pony and who the human....and it wouldn't matter.

• Brohoof 2

I kinda like to believe this is what happened to the human world's version of Sunset Shimmer.

I mean if pony Sunset found a way to the human world, who's to say that human Sunset didn't find a way to Equestria?

• Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I mean if pony Sunset found a way to the human world, who's to say that human Sunset didn't find a way to Equestria?

And this reminds me-- the question of where is human Sunset is actually one of the biggest mysteries of the franchise.  They should stumble across her in Equestria.  That'd be cool.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:07 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

And this reminds me-- the question of where is human Sunset is actually one of the biggest mysteries of the franchise.  They should stumble across her in Equestria.  That'd be cool.

Makes you wonder if the pony sunset did something and got rid of the human sunset.

Edited by Twilight Luna

I personally don't care for EQ. It's the designs, I don't quite care for everyone's skin being the pony colours. It's just ODD to me. Although, I get it I guess---they certainly don't to run the risk of trying to walk through the nightmare that is Racial PR. Someone would throw a fit that a character wasn't the race they 'imagined' them to be, or we would have white-washing arguments, or 'too much diversity' arguments. e____e, but I don't know, I personally like the idea of Japan just getting a hold of it and making an Anime out of it. It would look prettier, that's for sure. And less awkward.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Momento Mori said:

I don't quite care for everyone's skin being the pony colours. It's just ODD to me. Although, I get it I guess---they certainly don't to run the risk of trying to walk through the nightmare that is Racial PR.

Yeah, I agree.  I got used to the colors, but I always thought it would have been better if they were normal skin colors.  But you're probably right that it would have created a racial PR firestorm, as depressing as that is.

6 hours ago, Nosotros. said:

And then there’s me, who wants EQG lore to be totally separated from FIM lore... :P 

Oh, so do I.

6 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Makes you wonder if the pony sunset did something got rid of the human sunset.

Oh no!  Things got dark!  Lol.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

In the ancient days when I was watching Saturday morning cartoons one of the staples of shows was of kids getting lost in other worlds and trying to find their way back home.  From the Hanna Barbara's Shazan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazzan , The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Adventures_of_Huckleberry_Finn and Josie and the Pussycats in outer Space http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068088/ all the way up to the Dungeons and Dragons http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085011/ , the theme of each show was getting home somehow.  It would be interesting to have a show featuring the human Sunset wandering around Equestria trying to find a way back to Earth.  It'd have to be far from the known lands of Equestria and she'd have had to stumble through an unknown portal since going through the one we all know would have put her into Celestia's castle.  This could also explain where her parents are, not knowing that she's in another world they could be searching the world of CHS to find her.

Edited by Skytower

5 hours ago, Skytower said:

In the ancient days when I was watching Saturday morning cartoons one of the staples of shows was of kids getting lost in other worlds and trying to find their way back home.  From the Hanna Barbara's Shazan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazzan , The New Adventures of Huckleberry Finn https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Adventures_of_Huckleberry_Finn and Josie and the Pussycats in outer Space http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068088/ all the way up to the Dungeons and Dragons http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085011/ , the theme of each show was getting home somehow.  It would be interesting to have a show featuring the human Sunset wandering around Equestria trying to find a way back to Earth.  It'd have to be far from the known lands of Equestria and she'd have had to stumble through an unknown portal since going through the one we all know would have put her into Celestia's castle.  This could also explain where her parents are, not knowing that she's in another world they could be searching the world of CHS to find her.

Heck, this concept even trickles its way into modern cartoons from time to time (Samurai Jack comes to mind).

But yeah, it'd be really interesting to see a fanfic or fan comic about that.

I don't remember where, but I read once that ponies that have hourglasses as Cutie Marks are humans turned into ponies. This makes sense if we are talking about Dr.Whooves, but not if we talk about Minuette.

As for Equestria and Canterlot High School... It's possible some human went into Equestria.

(edited)
On 3/28/2018 at 3:29 PM, Toastypk said:

You'd think this had to have happened accidentally. Lean against the statue, then WOOSH.

You'd think they would have someone guarding it 24/7 or board it up. Some kid leans against it and ends up in the land of ponies and the parents blame the school.

Edited by Twilight Luna

Who knows? However, Sunny wasn't able to cross the portal in Friendship Games once human Twi absorbed her magic, but magic isn't consistent anyways :dash:. It's interesting because we have 5 known equestrian beings in the human world, but maybe a human or two ended up in Equestria

• 2 months later...

Personally I've a theory that the ponies originated from the human world like several of the races in Narnia. They went through various portals, turned into ponies and never found/wanted to go back. There's just so many little things that work with it. The way they flip back and forth in referring to themselves as fillies, mares, girls, women, the way they call things hoof stitched even when they don't actually hoof stitch them, the fact that even when they hadn't used the portal they knew it would not reactivate for 30 moons. I have actually decided on a rewatch to write a list of them all.

However even if you assume they are not all originally humans I can easily see a lot of lost people wandering around Equestria etiher not wanting to return or not able to figure out how. I know if I somehow fell into a world like Equestria I wouldn't want to leave sure its got its dark side but its just so much brighter than our world.

• 1 month later...

I have a theory of why this could not realistically happen out of chance. My theory that the portal(s?) linking Equestria and the Human World are a one-way ticket: you can go to the Human World from Equestria, but not vice versa. Unless...

Once you travel from Equestria and to the Human World, some sort of invisible, magical particles surround you, and allows you to travel through the portal on a whim if the portal is not already activated. Take note on the last part of the previous sentence.

(Or that, or since all Ponies are magical - regardless if they are Unicorns or Alicorns or not - and thus, since the portal is obviously magical, they have the inherit ability to travel through it if they so chose.)

"But Melody, in The Friendship Games, some students of the Human World almost fall into Equestria!" That is a rift in spacetime, not a portal. They are separate things.

"But Melody, what about this scene?"

ddc.gif

Did you notice it? The Pinkie Pie from Equestria came through the portal first. Either the other Pinkie Pie (the one from the Human World) went through the portal before it closed, or they did that high-five and the swapping of the lollipop for a reason... (To "trick" the portal maybe?)

And in the first Equestria Girls universe, in the first movie, there was a flashback scene where Fluttershy was trying to hand out volunteer papers for the local animal shelter, but failed to get any attention. She leaned against the portal and began to cry. She leaned against the portal. Why did she not go through it? Because the portal was not activated at that time. At least, not completely.

But what about the objects that were magically empowered after the fact that the portal was "introduced" in the first EQG movie? (ie the mirror, the cell phone, etc.) Why were they not active 24/7? Answer: Prior to the second Equestria Girls movie, one could only travel from the portal from the EQG world to Equestria once every 30 moons. However, in Rainbow Rocks, Twilight Sparkle built a portal that could connect link the portals permanently. It was after this that the magical energy from the statue/portal escaped somehow.

But wait. Didn't Pinkie Pie poke her head through the portal in the original Equestria Girls movie? Yes she did...

Sh*t. This debunks me whole theory. Theory two:

The statue somehow "developed" a portal and was linked to Equestria, or vice versa. The portal could only be traveled through once every thirty moons. When Twilight built the portal in Equestria, this "flaw" was fixed.

To answer your question? Yes. It could happen.

In the comics Starswirl makes a number of mirror portals to different universes then seals them after he realises Celestia dating Sombra in another reality is endangering his naps. Later he makes another mirror portal to the Equestria Girls universe to banish the sirens after he can't beat them in a music contest. That portal is the one linked to the statue and is never really sealed instead opening every 30 moons because he hoped someone else could beat them.

At the end of evergreen we see leaking magic from the damage Twilight did to the statue which is why the other items start activating.

Of course when the girls graduate and stop hanging around an active portal it's only a matter of time till someone leans onto it.

• Brohoof 1