Banner by ~ SFyr

You switch bodies with your favorite Pony, who would have it worse?

Azureth

Say you and your favorite Pony woke up one day but you had swapped bodies. So you are now a Pony in Equestria and your fav Pony is a human in the real world, apart from just getting used to the new bodies, who do you think would have a harder time getting used to living and working?

Badges

My Favorite (platonically) Ponies (Rainbow Dash and Derpy) would...

RD'd have it worse,

Derpy'd not have much difference, we're both clumbsy, both have eye issues ( She has crossed eyes and I have eyestrain)

My favorite (not platonically) Pony (Twily, if you haven't noticed) would have it worse, I'd try to use her magic to get her back to Equestria and then switch bodies (if I could)

Probably fluttershy, if she managed to learn how to ride my motorcycle and got to work without having a crash, she would either get too attached to the animals or have a mental break down from the stress and disturbing cases that I get on the regular.

Edited by shadowwarp940
  • Brohoof 2

Hmmm... 

Thorax, the Leader of the Changelings is my favorite. But who would have it worse if we switch?

If Thorax were me, he'd probably be struggling to work with my extra computer classes for being a computer database administrator since Equestria doesn't have computers. But he might be a better writer/editor than me to work with my English degree in Literature and Language. Plus he should be fine going into a weekend part-time as a sign-spinner.

Honestly, if I'm leader of the Changelings, I'd likely be in trouble and not fit to lead when peaceful times are threatened by conquering forces. And no amount of shape-shifting can make me a better leader. I would need to learn from the Changelings and Ponies to be a better leader.

As for food, I suppose we both can get used to the local food.

8 hours ago, Azureth said:

Say you and your favorite Pony woke up one day but you had swapped bodies. So you are now a Pony in Equestria and your fav Pony is a human in the real world, apart from just getting used to the new bodies, who do you think would have a harder time getting used to living and working?

So when you switch bodies, is it unexpected like neither side would know anything about the new world they find themselves in, or can it be a situation where the two are aware and were told of the other world before the switch? Because the former would be tougher than the latter.

Twilight would be used to a human body, but of course she would limited without magic and whatnot. Myself on the other hand would have to learn how to walk on all fours. It's a no-brainer.

Edited by Cash In

We saw how awkward it was for Twilight when she became human in EqG. Being four-legged and suddenly making the switch to two legs would present balance issues. So in that respect I think it would be easier for the human to become a pony. Learning how to handle things with hooves instead of hands might be a trick though if one was not a unicorn with magical powers. In my case, I'd probably switch with Rarity, so I'd have unicorn powers. It's also nice that she has a built-in sense of style. I'd feel sorry for her if she had to switch places with me. I don't think she'd have an easy time adjusting to being an annoying girl with questionable social skills.  

A species change on top of a sex change?  Both of us would have it pretty rough.  My favourite pony is Rarity for one.  She's not a morning person either as far as I know, so I could sleep in, but I have no knowledge of fashion or textiles, and I could try to manage a small business chain, but think the premises would be condemned before too long, lol.  Rarity would have to work with autistic kids.

Badges

Rainbow would definitely have it worse than me. It'd be kind of fun learning how to fly with pegasus wings, and given how much endurance ponies generally have, there'd be little danger of terrible injury as a result. If anything would be strenuous for me, it'd be learning how to fly to the competency of the Wonderbolts.

Rainbow, in the meanwhile, would be stripped of her ability to fly and be stuck in a completely unfamiliar house she's never been in.

Badges

• 2 weeks later...

Since I would be switching with Rarity I'm afraid I'd be giving her the lesser end of the equation. All physicalities aside, Equestria is a better place to live. If Rarity had to work an earth job, confronted with profanity, ethical drawbacks and ridiculous hours, I think the poor girl would have to plop onto her settee and declare it the worst day ever! Whereas I would be blissfully designing new fashions in her shop all day with her mean little cat and making my new pony friends look fabulous. Sorry Rarity. :pout:

If me and Rarity switched bodies, she'd definitely have it worse. As if it wouldn't be bad enough to live without magic, she'd also have to live in this garbage dump of a world and deal with all kinds of terrible things. Since she'd swap bodies with me, she'd have to live with the fact that my body just keeps on aching constantly. At least there are cats in my house and I believe she'd enjoy their company!

On the other hand I'd probably feel rather happy in Equestria since it seems like such an amazing place to be. BUT I know nothing about fashion so I'd probably just end up screwing her over in the pony world and that'd be unfortunate - especially if we ended up switching our bodies back afterwards. :sealed: It'd be an unfavorable switch either way.

Applejack would probably have a harder time new world and society however I already have a basic understanding of their culture and lifestyle but the thing I would be worried about is if she got my body killed before I could fix this

If I switch bodies with Rainbow Dash, I think she'll have it worse, mostly because she won't be athletic anymore and she wouldn't be a Wonderbolt or be able to fly anymore either. Not that being Rainbow dash would be easy, shes always doing something like training for Wonderbolt practice, or teaching at Twi's new school. I'm not used to doing all that much, but I think I would get used to RD's busy schedule and eventually enjoy many of the things that she does :dash:

• 2 years later...

Rainbow Dash would have it much worse.   Living in this boring ass world, no wings anymore, and has to be me.  Lol.  

I wouldn’t have it great either though cause I would probably just be too overwhelmed with guilt knowing what RD just got sentenced to that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy my new life in equestria anyway lol.   

• 8 months later...

Twilight would probably have it worse. While I would definitely not like the experience, at least they have magic in Equestria, so, something like "I am not Twilight Sparkle, but for some reason I woke up in her body" does not immediately result in a trip to a psychiatric hospital. 

In the real world, though.... 

Then if we ever switch back, I would be the one stuck in the madhouse.