Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We're Not Flawless (Aurelleah Hybrid Orchestral Electro Remix)

Aurelleah

Been awhile since I've posted here, but posting this here for those who havn't heard it yet. Half a million listens cant be wrong! 

• Brohoof 8

This has been my favourite remix of this song since you uploaded it. :twi: You really have talent. I'm addicted to on 'Wings of moonlight' for the last two weeks, and don't get me started on 'Under our spell'. :D

Spoiler

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

@Aurelleah

Ah; it's been too long man! Glad to see you around, and even happier to see more music from yah! Loved it very much, and consider that shared! :D

• Brohoof 2

Honestly...it's ok. 

I feel as if it's 20% orchestral and 80% electro. What would've been really cool was to truly mix the orchestral and electro styles together instead of separating them. I do like the sawtooth waves you use and all but...I don't know what to really say about it... 

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Honestly...it's ok. 

I feel as if it's 20% orchestral and 80% electro. What would've been really cool was to truly mix the orchestral and electro styles together instead of separating them. I do like the sawtooth waves you use and all but...I don't know what to really say about it... 

Youre allowed to hold your own opinion of course but I totally disagree lol :P Not to mention there are orchestral elements in the drop too. 

If you don't know what to say about it, don't say anything at all? 

8 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Aurelleah

Ah; it's been too long man! Glad to see you around, and even happier to see more music from yah! Loved it very much, and consider that shared! :D

Yeah I dont really post here anymore, more active on discord, twitter and youtube (obviously lol); got plenty of good stuff out since I last posted here :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Aurelleah said:

Youre allowed to hold your own opinion of course but I totally disagree lol :P Not to mention there are orchestral elements in the drop too. 

If you don't know what to say about it, don't say anything at all? 

Well, whatever I can think of I'll say it...the rest...well...I keep it to myself. Maybe it's a matter of mixing too, getting the right balance so that one genre doesn't overpower the other...

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Well, whatever I can think of I'll say it...the rest...well...I keep it to myself. Maybe it's a matter of mixing too, getting the right balance so that one genre doesn't overpower the other...

Good thing I don't take unsolicited mixing or composition advice from people I don't view as peers ^^

Just a heads up, it's generally viewed as rude to give unsolicited advice without asking whether or not the person wants the critiques. It neither contributes to discussion, nor has any positive impact on the other person. I've never gone onto one of your songs and said "hey, I don't like this, the mix is bad and i dont even wanna tell you why i think the song is bad but Ill let you know I do indeed think it's bad and I'll hint at it being that way", but youve done this to me several times. 

Honestly you shouldnt be critiquing peoples' music if you're not in the same skill level or experience level as them, or better than them at what they do. And even then you should make sure they want that feedback. But otherwise it'd be like taking financial advice from someone who just went bankrupt. I'm not even saying this because somehow I feel like your opinions have any bearing on the actual quality of my music, I'm saying this so that you stop driving people away from you. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Aurelleah said:

Good thing I don't take unsolicited mixing or composition advice from ponies I don't view as peers ^^

Just a heads up, it's generally viewed as rude to give unsolicited advice without asking whether or not the pony wants the critiques. It neither contributes to discussion, nor has any positive impact on the other pony. I've never gone onto one of your songs and said "hay, I don't like this, the mix is bad and i dont even wanna tell you why i think the song is bad but Ill let you know I do indeed think it's bad and I'll hint at it being that way", but youve done this to me several times. 

Honestly you shouldnt be critiquing peoples' music if you're not in the same skill level or experience level as them, or better than them at what they do. And even then you should make sure they want that feedback. But otherwise it'd be like taking financial advice from somepony who just went bankrupt. I'm not even saying this because somehow I feel like your opinions have any bearing on the actual quality of my music, I'm saying this so that you stop driving ponies away from you. 

I know, but I do have 19 years of music experience, and I really don't view my critiques as rude unless someone tells me that it's rude. I'm just a person who naturally wants to help people become better, which is why I look at the small details. But, the one thing I see happen a lot is that people think that "Oh he left a huge wall of text. That means my music sucks and I suck too." It's a lot harder for me to critique remixes than originals since remixes are based on other tunes, but I see your point...

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I know, but I do have 19 years of music experience, and I really don't view my critiques as rude unless someone tells me that it's rude. I'm just a person who naturally wants to help people become better, which is why I look at the small details. But, the one thing I see happen a lot is that people think that "Oh he left a huge wall of text. That means my music sucks and I suck too." It's a lot harder for me to critique remixes than originals since remixes are based on other tunes, but I see your point...

Yeah, this is me telling you you should be asking if people want your critiques. It's also not that hard to critique remixes because feedback is given from the standpoint of a song as a whole, not where it came from. Every time I posted something here, you'd be swift in to say "Meh, it' s okay but i dont like (long list of stuff), without giving the technical instructions on how to fix said problems. 

Like, I clicked on your youtube link to view your stuff and honestly theres a lot I could say to 'critique' it but I simply don't. Because I consider the feelings of the other person and I'm STILL trying to make sure I word things in a way that doesnt leave you overly offended. But honestly, 19 years of experience doenst equate to 19 years of technical ability or 19 years of quality you know? I've been doing music for like 4 years now, but in that time I've focused on little excpet for making music and specifically improving. Making it sound objectivley good instead of just "good to me". Is it perfect? Nah. But is it good music? Obviously it is, otherwise I wouldnt have near the amount of fans and people buying my music as I do. 

Now I cant just say what youre doing wrong without telling you how to fix it. Here's how to fix it: Stop telling people what's wrong with their stuff. Stop giving your opinions on why you dont like it. Start giving objective positive remarks about things you like, and state how you think it could be even better. Mention what creative decisions you feel you would make if you were in their shoes, and why you'd make them. Otherwise what you're doing isnt giving feedback to improve, it feels like you're just ripping on peoples' work just to make your own work or yourself feel better

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Aurelleah said:

Yeah, this is me telling you you should be asking if ponies want your critiques. It's also not that hard to critique remixes because feedback is given from the standpoint of a song as a whole, not where it came from. Every time I posted something here, you'd be swift in to say "Meh, it' s okay but i dont like (long list of stuff), without giving the technical instructions on how to fix said problems. 

Like, I clicked on your youtube link to view your stuff and honestly theres a lot I could say to 'critique' it but I simply don't. Because I consider the feelings of the other pony and I'm STILL trying to make sure I word things in a way that doesnt leave you overly offended. But honestly, 19 years of experience doenst equate to 19 years of technical ability or 19 years of quality you know? I've been doing music for like 4 years now, but in that time I've focused on little excpet for making music and specifically improving. Making it sound objectivley good instead of just "good to me". Is it perfect? Nah. But is it good music? Obviously it is, otherwise I wouldnt have near the amount of fans and ponies buying my music as I do. 

Now I cant just say what youre doing wrong without telling you how to fix it. Here's how to fix it: Stop telling ponies what's wrong with their stuff. Stop giving your opinions on why you dont like it. Start giving objective positive remarks about things you like, and state how you think it could be even better. Mention what creative decisions you feel you would make if you were in their shoes, and why you'd make them. Otherwise what you're doing isnt giving feedback to improve, it feels like you're just ripping on peoples' work just to make your own work or yourself feel better

I see, But honestly, from my experience, never have I meant to bring people down just to make myself feel better. That's nowhere even near my personality. We're all trying to get our music out there and be popular. I empathize too with people who I leave feedback for. I've had both positive and negative responses, and I know that I myself need work in certain areas. But you also must take into account that "good" may be different for others because all of us don't have the same expectations. Some may be high and others may be low. I make a mental list of questions before I write my critique to make sure I go the right path, but in the end, it's 100x more easier for me to critique remixes than originals like I said before. And I never mean to hurt people or bring them down when I leave critiques. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...