Sign in to follow this  
heavens-champion

The placing of Forgotten Friendship and Magical Movie Night

What is the canonical placing (for lack of a better term) for Forgotten Friendship and Magical Movie Night?

Badges

The three specials which comprise Magical Movie Night to me take place after the events of season six with Forgotten Friendship taking place after season seven but before the events of the movie. I don't attempt to be correct about this which is why I think this is what it could be.

38 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The three specials which comprise Magical Movie Night to me take place after the events of season six with Forgotten Friendship taking place after season seven but before the events of the movie. I don't attempt to be correct about this which is why I think this is what it could be.

I think you're correct. One way that can verify that is the Canterlot throne room. As we saw in "School Daze," the throne room follows the redesign from the movie with two thrones. As we saw in "Forgotten Friendship," there was only one throne, which most likely point to FF being before the movie.

Magical Movie Night most likely takes place between season six and seven, since Starlight is more confident, but is still Twilight’s pupil.

Im not sure exactly where Forgotten Friendship takes place, but @PathfinderCS is right about it probably being before the movie.

Badges

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎24 at 2:39 PM, PathfinderCS said:

I think you're correct. One way that can verify that is the Canterlot throne room. As we saw in "School Daze," the throne room follows the redesign from the movie with two thrones. As we saw in "Forgotten Friendship," there was only one throne, which most likely point to FF being before the movie.

I actually never took notice of the changed throne room until I saw a screenshot of it earlier today. Forgotten Friendship uses the old throne room so I guess sometime in-between the special and the movie, Celestia and Luna decided that it needed a makeover. It makes me wonder which one was developed first, Forgotten Friendship or the movie.