Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is MLP the best cartoon ever?

CastletonSnob

Personally? I don't think so, at least not yet. :wat: Don't get me wrong; it's beyond what most cartoons have to offer, but I'm not sure I'm ready to place it among the greatest quite yet. I do like MLP: FiM, but in my opinion, what you see is what you get with it; nice animation, decent stories, good characters, and some pretty sweet music here or there. I think the reason most people like it is because it's a departure from what teenagers/adults usually watch, not because it's anything extraordinary.

That's how I feel about it, anyways; it's good, but nothing truly spectacular. :)

Edited by Recherche

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Friendship is Magic. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of clinical psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Twilight’s existentialistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Jean-Paul Sartre, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike ponies truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Pinkie’s existential catchphrase “okie dokie lokie,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Richard Wagner’s opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as our glorious writers' genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a pony tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kids B)

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Friendship is Magic. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of clinical psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Twilight’s existentialistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Jean-Paul Sartre, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike ponies truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Pinkie’s existential catchphrase “okie dokie lokie,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Richard Wagner’s opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as our glorious writers' genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :lol:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a pony tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kids B)

sweet Luna you've got me rolling mate, it's so true

imho it's one of the best. I don't rly consider there to be a "best" cartoon or best of anything in any medium but it absolutely is one of my favorites and has been for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I think that it's definitely a great cartoon, and well worth watching, but, no, it is definitely not the est cartoon EVER. In fact, it would only just get in my top 10 cartoons for the decade.:rarity:

Again, it's a very good show, but it is flawed, and has always been flawed in some aspects. Other cartoons certainly have more more cohesive stories and universes as well as more impactful morals, moments and interesting characters.

Again, great show, but it isn't nearly as good as cartoons such as Steven Universe, Star Vs the Forces of Evil or Gravity Falls etc.:grin:

Yes I would rank MLP as being the best Cartoon ever, it is truly one of my favorites that sits along with other really good cartoons like Avatar: The last air-bender. 

I think I love MLP so much and consider it to be one of the best shows of all time simply because of how much I love the fandom that goes along with the show, its a truly amazing community! :)

• Brohoof 1

If nothing else, I do think MLP: FiM is one of the best cartoons marketed specifically for girls. Generally speaking, a lot of girl cartoons revolve around the same plots that lack pretty much any proper substance. MLP: FiM is unique in that I can actually recommend it to people. :D

As for best cartoons of all time, though, I don't think MLP: FiM quite reaches that level. There are some cartoons that I like more than it, such as Danny Phantom.