Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

School of Friendship and racism

heavens-champion

Just now, heavens-champion said:

Easier said than done,

Well, I do it, unless I agree with him about something, than I will talk to him, but he is just one of those who can say really ridiculous things at times.

Still that is an extreme minority opinion.

14 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I don't really have a negative stance on imperialism and racism in fiction nor do I think that all cultures deserve respect. I'll just say that our glorious writers destroyed their own argument with Non-Pone 6 since they managed to bond on their own despite incompetence of Mane 6. Tell me again why non-pones were shit for seven seasons?

You could argue, though, that such friendships wouldn't have even been given a chance if the School of Friendship didn't exist. It was clear the cultures didn't intersect often before then, and they were quick to accuse each other when the Non-Pone 6 disappeared.

Thorax and Ember would have never made friends if Spike hadn't made friends with them to begin with. It's like a domino effect.

And also, the problem wasn't even the Mane 6, the problem was the EEA. They would be able to teach friendship just fine, but they stuck "by the book" too much when friendship doesn't go "by the book" by nature.

21 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

If you call the rule of a adult white male a democracy, then yes.if you are a woman or a slave, child, or a foreigner then tough love sister because you don't have a say in that democracy.

To be fair that's also how the United States started. 

21 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

To be fair that's also how the United States started. 

I am not denying it, some people would say that modern America is an oligarchy

10 hours ago, Wolfhog said:

You could argue, though, that such friendships wouldn't have even been given a chance if the School of Friendship didn't exist. It was clear the cultures didn't intersect often before then, and they were quick to accuse each other when the Non-Pone 6 disappeared.

Thorax and Ember would have never made friends if Spike hadn't made friends with them to begin with. It's like a domino effect.

And also, the problem wasn't even the Mane 6, the problem was the EEA. They would be able to teach friendship just fine, but they stuck "by the book" too much when friendship doesn't go "by the book" by nature.

In other words: non-pones just needed to hang out more. You don't need a school for that, especially not one where Mane 6 are teaching them useless crap that isn't necessary for friendship (not all like animals and parties). A summer camp would do, or a few episodes where non-pones are allowed to freely interact with each other without our glorious writers trying to push a gazillionth lesson about greed and inexplicable lack of friendship.

The question here is: Could they create better stories where non-pones befriended each other organically throughout the seasons?

My answer: Buck yes!

• Brohoof 3

It's really just that the other places outside Equestria are pretty awful in comparison and aren't friendly, and all these other places, especially when you know of Klugetown, which is super awful.

Really though, looking at it to try to mean too much more than just spreading goodness and love to lands where it's never been, sort of defeats the point. Maybe you could draw a parallel to something unpleasant, but I think that's a big stretch. The only problem came from Neighsay who is pretty close-minded about the other creatures.

Edited by Toastypk

On 3/26/2018 at 11:55 PM, Wolfhog said:

And let's not forget Pinkie Pie and Prince Rutherford. If it weren't for them, as well as Prince Blueblood's Diplomatic skills in Friends Forever #26, The Crystal Empire would be smashed by Yaks.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:19 PM, heavens-champion said:

Some people among the fandom think the School of Friendship is racist because it's founded by ponies. What do you guys think of this line of thinking?

That's like saying human schools are racist for being founded by humans

The only racist thing is that the school board is (shocker) full of old farts that haven't read a newspaper in a thousand years

They probably still fear Luna and use all manner of spells to keep themselves awake at night so she doesn't enter their dreams

50 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

The only racist thing is that the school board is (shocker) full of old farts that haven't read a newspaper in a thousand years

That's the main problem. I think they are not awair of the changes the other kingdoms have made, otherwise they would probably not act in such a manner.

• Brohoof 1