Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chancellor Neighsay and the irony

ManaMinori

I'm sorry, but I find it unbelievably ironic that this guy spouts bullhockey that the races that the Princess allowed into her school (changelings, yaks, griffons, hippogriffs, and dragons) are dangerous creatures, when the most dangerous race we've seen consistently through the 7 years of MLP have been, without a doubt, the Unicorns, who nearly destroyed  entire timelines, thrown dangerous magical artifacts and creatures who use dark magic into other worlds, put a spell on an entire town over friendship lessons, magically manipulated their friends into doing their bidding, can literally access and walk around in a pony's mind, enslaved an entire empire....the list is extensive.  I just wish that somepony (like Starlight) would've rattled off a detailed list on how the unicorns and herself have done some pretty stupidly dangerous things, to set Chancellor jerkyface straight on who really is the most dangerous race.

That's basically the mindset for a lot of racists. Like some people will point out cases where Muslims or black people caused deaths, but then completely overlook or ignore all the cases where white people did the same or even worse, like when there was the Las Vegas shooter who injured hundreds and killed dozens they're more likely to call attention to a Muslim who killed and hurt only a fraction of that and label them a terrorist.

Basically it comes down more to group. Even if there are bad individual unicorns, Neighsay still sees the pony race as a whole to be good and friendly. But yaks, dragons, changelings, and griffons have only recently become allies, and the dragons and changelings especially have a long, bad history with ponies. Hippogriffs have been more isolationist, but still he probably wouldn't trust them. So it's more about how he fears the possible enemies without more than the possible enemies within.

Edited by Marimo

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I'm sorry, but I find it unbelievably ironic that this guy spouts bullhockey that the races that the Princess allowed into her school (changelings, yaks, griffons, hippogriffs, and dragons) are dangerous creatures, when the most dangerous race we've seen consistently through the 7 years of MLP have been, without a doubt, the Unicorns, who nearly destroyed  entire timelines, thrown dangerous magical artifacts and creatures who use dark magic into other worlds, put a spell on an entire town over friendship lessons, magically manipulated their friends into doing their bidding, can literally access and walk around in a pony's mind, enslaved an entire empire....the list is extensive.  I just wish that somepony (like Starlight) would've rattled off a detailed list on how the unicorns and herself have done some pretty stupidly dangerous things, to set Chancellor jerkyface straight on who really is the most dangerous race.

To be fair, in the case of unicorns being detrimental to society, they were usually isolated cases. You can name the various unicorns who committed crimes individually. On the other hoof, up until recently changelings have caused problems for pony society en masse (one of the bad futures was even a result of a changeling coup), and as far as dragons are concerned, they have razed pony homes and even outright kidnapped ponies historically. Yaks have also been shown to act as a collective and mow down whatever is in their way.

That being said, I have no idea why he's afraid of griffons or hippogriffs. Neither of them have caused ponies destruction as a group, as far as I'm aware, so those two cases are definitely a result of classical racism.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2018 at 12:46 AM, Nyactis Mewcis Catlum said:

To be fair, in the case of unicorns being detrimental to society, they were usually isolated cases. You can name the various unicorns who committed crimes individually. On the other hoof, up until recently changelings have caused problems for pony society en masse (one of the bad futures was even a result of a changeling coup), and as far as dragons are concerned, they have razed pony homes and even outright kidnapped ponies historically. Yaks have also been shown to act as a collective and mow down whatever is in their way.

That being said, I have no idea why he's afraid of griffons or hippogriffs. Neither of them have caused ponies destruction as a group, as far as I'm aware, so those two cases are definitely a result of classical racism.

I wonder what would happen if Chancellor neighsay meet King sombra \latest?cb=20200519020134latest?cb=20180904220311

Edited by Scootaloo90747475