Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will G5 be as bad as G3/G3.5?

CastletonSnob

What if G5 turns out to be as bad as G3 or G3.5? G5 will have a brand new team working on it, and they could treat it like most people in the animation industry treat children's/girl's cartoons and not put any effort into it. 

As of right now G5 is currently in early development, so even what little information we know of due to the leaks are subject to change.

So we really don't know how good or bad it will end up being.

But for myself I am hoping that it will end up being good.

48 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Or it could be better than G4. At this point there is no way of honestly knowing. 

Pretty much this. I'd rather give the writers & staff for G5 do their thing before worrying too much about quality. :)

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure Generation 5 will be perfectly acceptable, and I'm sure this fandom will exist for years to come (I'll still be around, anyways), but I highly doubt that Gen 5 will capture the lightning in a bottle again. :wat:

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

HOW DARE YOU!! :glimmer: G3 was my generation growing up, I loved it. It was NOT creepy or weird as some people say it was. Kinda getting off topic here.....anyway, we won't know what G5 will be like until we see it. 

Edited by Fire_Flyer

1 hour ago, Fire_Flyer said:

HOW DARE YOU!! :glimmer: G3 was my generation growing up, I loved it. It was NOT creepy or weird as some people say it was. Kinda getting off topic here.....anyway, we won't know what G5 will be like until we see it. 

Blinded by nostalgia.

I don't appreciate the constant knocking on g3, VG. It's not deserving of it at all. heck, g3 has some of the most gorgeous backgrounds of all the mlp gens! The colors are bright and attractive. The characters are rounded and cute in order to appeal to the nurturing instinct that humans (not just females) tend to have with other round, cute things, like babies and small, cute animals. The design and artistry of g3 is amazing, so PLEASE don't bash on it.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I don't appreciate the constant knocking on g3, VG. It's not deserving of it at all. heck, g3 has some of the most gorgeous backgrounds of all the mlp gens! The colors are bright and attractive. The characters are rounded and cute in order to appeal to the nurturing instinct that humans (not just females) tend to have with other round, cute things, like babies and small, cute animals. The design and artistry of g3 is amazing, so PLEASE don't bash on it.

To be fair, compared to G4, G3 and G3.5 were pretty awful.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I believe it will be. But only for me. I am interested in the edgy designs of G4, but not at all the weird MLP the Movie designs, so obviously G5 will be a let down for me. But I have seen Bronies embracing the Movie like it was just as good as the show. To me that is like accepting the G3 designs just because Tempest or Rainbow Dash is in it