Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning New Home, New Life

grimmguy666

I am an "alien" traveling around until I land in Equestria...what sorts of wacky adventures will I have here.

Rules:

1. Try to use good grammer and spelling if you can.

2. Please read my character (Laharl Grimm) before playing.

3. Some flirting if you wish ;)

4. Mostly want ponies in here, all kinds will do...i'm not picky.

5. You can have your original pony you created in here...but some have to be some of the mane 6.

6. Please consult me and others before doing anything BIG.

Thank You!

I am looking for ideas for the RP...please feel free to pitch in and help, it will greatly appreciated.

If you want others to read about your character, you should include a helpful link in your first post so that they don't have to go hunting. :)

• Brohoof 2

I like the sound of this idea! Do you mind if I can RP as Pinkie Pie if this goes along? I can help plan it out as well :)

Please do...anything to help out will be appreciated.

Please do...anything to help out will be appreciated.

Well first we should get some more characters in :) I think once we have a few OC's and some of the Mane Six we can figure some more stuff out as a group! :D

Well first we should get some more characters in :) I think once we have a few OC's and some of the Mane Six we can figure some more stuff out as a group! :D

Excellent, however I wont be here this weekend....when I get back, we can continue this.

Excellent, however I wont be here this weekend....when I get back, we can continue this.

Okay :) I can maybe help get some more people to join in the meantime!

i think i may want to join up, but grimmguy666 you better get out of blankflanks fast because of the post counter, if you are a blankflank you cant participate in rp's you need atleast 5 posts

i think i may want to join up, but grimmguy666 you better get out of blankflanks fast because of the post counter, if you are a blankflank you cant participate in rp's you need atleast 5 posts

I am no longer a blank flank!

I am no longer a blank flank!

okay good :)

now what kinda plot do you have in mind, i like the sound of it but i would like to know more so i can have a character ready.

okay good :)

now what kinda plot do you have in mind, i like the sound of it but i would like to know more so i can have a character ready.

im welcome to any ideas anyone has to offer, right now my mind is a blank :(

I was thinking about "The alien Laharl travels to Equestria because a certain princess was in need of help. Upon entering the world, He triggers an event that unleashes an ancient demon that was thought to have been put away a long time ago. Could this be what he needed to do and how will he cope with this new land and it inhabitants while trying to battle his own demons? Can the Mane 6 help his as well as help their world?" Tell me what you think?

Hmm. I'm spinning a great yarn for aliens (humans) coming to Equestria right now upon reading this, and I have a great deal of armchair expertise on aerospace and engineering to make it realistic (I'm a bit of a Twilight Sparkle when it comes to sci fi. I think if you include futuristic technology it should be done correctly).

What if the guy that goes there is the head of a military unit, and for some reason that world poses a key strategic point in an interstellar war? That's a kind of way he could awake "Demons", so to speak. Maybe not personally his, but I think some huge demon sleeping in Equestria is a bit far, really.

Or maybe he's escaped from some sort of authoritarian government and they're after him?

But, hey, I'm more of a realistic sci fi kinda guy than fantasy. MLP gets a pass for a number of reasons (it's very conservative; it uses mythologically established fantasy elements, it's magic is modest, and when it's not it's fitting, it's magic isn't only available to only a few select "special" characters, i.e. it blends in with the world very well, etc.), but it's extremely rare to see magic used so well as MLP does it.

Whatever, though, I'll say this; from the description of that character, I wouldn't expect many friendly greetings. Sounds like something that would scare off even Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. I mean, look at what they did to Zacora. Zacora may have been a bit eerie looking in a cloak and colorless like that, but a tall, "well-built" dragon-like thing wearing a black cloak, red eyes, silver hair and a huge sword (sounds a bit like Sephiroth)?...

Yeah, I think Larharl Grimm would begin wondering why there's empty towns and cities on this world...

(hint hint; they're hiding like when Zacora came in town)

I wonder how Celestia would respond to this. :/

Would really like some help here.....anyone....hellllllloooooo?

Hmm. I'm spinning a great yarn for aliens (humans) coming to Equestria right now upon reading this, and I have a great deal of armchair expertise on aerospace and engineering to make it realistic (I'm a bit of a Twilight Sparkle when it comes to sci fi. I think if you include futuristic technology it should be done correctly).

What if the guy that goes there is the head of a military unit, and for some reason that world poses a key strategic point in an interstellar war? That's a kind of way he could awake "Demons", so to speak. Maybe not personally his, but I think some huge demon sleeping in Equestria is a bit far, really.

Or maybe he's escaped from some sort of authoritarian government and they're after him?

But, hey, I'm more of a realistic sci fi kinda guy than fantasy. MLP gets a pass for a number of reasons (it's very conservative; it uses mythologically established fantasy elements, it's magic is modest, and when it's not it's fitting, it's magic isn't only available to only a few select "special" characters, i.e. it blends in with the world very well, etc.), but it's extremely rare to see magic used so well as MLP does it.

Whatever, though, I'll say this; from the description of that character, I wouldn't expect many friendly greetings. Sounds like something that would scare off even Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie. I mean, look at what they did to Zacora. Zacora may have been a bit eerie looking in a cloak and colorless like that, but a tall, "well-built" dragon-like thing wearing a black cloak, red eyes, silver hair and a huge sword (sounds a bit like Sephiroth)?...

Yeah, I think Larharl Grimm would begin wondering why there's empty towns and cities on this world...

(hint hint; they're hiding like when Zacora came in town)

I wonder how Celestia would respond to this. :/

Well I'm sorry, this is the best I could come up with. This is why I was asking for help and my character is supposed to be in a way scary at first, but opens up to friendship.

Oh and I was going for more of a Ragna the Bloodedge way...not Sephiroth.

My RP character that is.

Would really like some help here.....anyone....hellllllloooooo?

Well I'm sorry, this is the best I could come up with. This is why I was asking for help and my character is supposed to be in a way scary at first, but opens up to friendship.

Oh and I was going for more of a Ragna the Bloodedge way...not Sephiroth.

My RP character that is.

No offense intended, it's just I come at things like interstellar travel from a sci-fi perspective rather than a fantasy one :P

Also, I don't know who Ragna the Bloodedge is... Only anime I've ever seen is some early Bleach, all of FMA, and the 12 Kingdoms, and I might even be getting that name wrong XP

I got the PM, but I think the thread might be a more appropriate place to discuss this...

Scary at first but opens up to friendship - hmm... That's really hard to work with. Scary in what way? Appearance really isn't going to change much, so I dunno how that could change to open up to friendship.

I can imagine a character being a jerk, then opening up, in fact I've got more than one character like that in some other fic projects of mine.

But it's kinda hard to imagine how one could be scary then open up to friendship. Especially without something happening. A psychologist once said that people only change when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing who they are, I have characters that will change greatly in my stories, but great change only comes with enormous pain.

I have kind of a hard time understanding really aloof characters like the anime villain, makes them hard to write for me.

But, I suppose if it's a roleplay (which I've never done before, btw), all we need to do is set it up and let it take a life of it's own.

• Brohoof 1

No offense intended, it's just I come at things like interstellar travel from a sci-fi perspective rather than a fantasy one :P

Also, I don't know who Ragna the Bloodedge is... Only anime I've ever seen is some early Bleach, all of FMA, and the 12 Kingdoms, and I might even be getting that name wrong XP

I got the PM, but I think the thread might be a more appropriate place to discuss this...

Scary at first but opens up to friendship - hmm... That's really hard to work with. Scary in what way? Appearance really isn't going to change much, so I dunno how that could change to open up to friendship.

I can imagine a character being a jerk, then opening up, in fact I've got more than one character like that in some other fic projects of mine.

But it's kinda hard to imagine how one could be scary then open up to friendship. Especially without something happening. A psychologist once said that people only change when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing who they are, I have characters that will change greatly in my stories, but great change only comes with enormous pain.

I have kind of a hard time understanding really aloof characters like the anime villain, makes them hard to write for me.

But, I suppose if it's a roleplay (which I've never done before, btw), all we need to do is set it up and let it take a life of it's own.

I really, really appreciate your input on the RP....I mean it :) Unfortunately I have to put a halt on the RP. With summer vacation coming up...my sis asked me to help watch her kids during the summer. It was one of those last minute things that I can't escape from :P Oh, and Ragna is from an anime fighting game call Blazblue.