Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An idea to keep FIM going after its cancelled...

twilightsparkle3562

I would rather they not do that.

The series finale will undoubtedly be sweet and heartrending, and I don’t want to see it spoiled by a series of “oh, yeah, and this happened too, more cash please”.

• Brohoof 4

Isn't that what they did with all of the previous generations?

Wouldn't work anyways. Hasbro already produces some dvd sets with random episodes , and if they wrap up the series it'd be too costly to bring everyone back together to make solo projects. The closest thing you'll get to this while having it be successful is more Equestria Girls.

By doing that you're playing the same risk that Disney has had with it's various direct-to-DVD sequels. While there was the occasional good film like Bambi 2 (which I hold in HIGH regard), you have either extremely mediocre or pretty bad ones like Mulan 2, Pocahontas 2, Hunchback 2, that Belle Christmas special, and so on. If FiM ends on a high-note; it's best that it stays like that.

Honestly, if anything from G4 continues in animated format, it's likely to be Equestria Girls, unless they decide to reboot that alongside G5. Not to mention there's also the possibility of IDW continuing the comics as well.

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

...would be to spawn a series of Direct to Video films.  It would keep the Generation 4 characters alive and fresh while Generation 5 makes it mark.

Bad idea. We should make Generation 4.1 ourselves!

I think they should work hard to make a really great series finale, and then leave it alone so it can end with grace.  I wouldn't mind more EG shorts and things of that nature.  EG feels like it could keep trickling along for a long time without messing up the lore of FIM.

We don't need to keep it going, there will be other things. Hopefully the fandom will keep coming up with stuff. If there is a return to the series, I'd rather it occur significantly later and be a reinvention of it.