Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Movie Not Getting a Release in Korea (CONFIRMED!)

FirePuppy

152117904806dd1a2fd02d411daaf67952b7c6bc5e__mn524953__w1019__h1440__f142403__Ym201803.jpg

Translation (through Google Translate): "Hello, this is Hasbro Korea. My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) was originally scheduled for release in the first half of this year, but has been temporarily banned due to the circumstances of the import distributor. We will show it to the audience with VOD service in the future. Thanks!"

Source: http://m.todayhumor.co.kr/view.php?table=pony&no=93682&page=1

I tried to warn you guys, but none of you trusted me a single word.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Alvin Yakitori said:

Jesus fucking Christ why the hell are you so unhealthily obsessed with a country getting the movie?

Jesus 38cking Christ I have a source this time for crying out loud! In times past, I didn't have one, but now I do.

And please stop criticizing me on my "obsession with censorship laws around the world"; I'm just concerned about the citizens that are big fans of the movie but won't get to see it or buy it legally.

Edited by FirePuppy

24 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Jesus 38cking Christ I have a source this time for crying out loud! In times past, I didn't have one, but now I do.

And please stop criticizing me on my "obsession with censorship laws around the world"; I'm just concerned about the citizens that are big fans of the movie but won't get to see it or buy it legally.

They said temp banned, not perma banned. Don't have a cow dude, just relax.

I don't think you are concerned about the citizens of South Korea at all though. I think you are still holding onto this thought about how well the film is doing based upon where it shows and it's frequency. Otherwise, of all the censorship issues in the world to worry about, a country not getting pony right away should be somewhere on the bottom of it.

Either way, it is time to move on... it has been almost 6 months. The movie is old news by now. They will get it when they get it.

• Brohoof 6

I belive i owe you an apology.

i'm sorry, man, turns out they actually havebanned it.

now if yuou excuse i need to go shove my entire foot in my mouth.

edit: Temporary ban, dont get your shorts in a twist over temporary bans. The earth is not going to fly into the sun over a temprary ban

Edited by Sylveon

10 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I tried to warn you guys, but none of you trusted me a single word.

To be fair, there was no legitimate source to back it up. The most I saw was IMDb, and anyone could've put it on there.

And as others have said, it's just temporary. They still plan to release it On Demand.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/5/2018 at 8:03 PM, Moondancer is best said:

Why was it ban for ? I just don't get it

Beats me. What's even more surprising is that SK didn't ban Sausage Party, and that film was banned in Malaysia and the People's Republic of China, the latter where it was self-inficted by Taiwan so they wouldn't have to deal with angry parents mistaking it as a family-friendly movie.

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

What is it with other countries and banning movies and games?

It's a random thing. Remember, laws vary country by country. Some are lenient, some are strict, and others are totally mixed.

30 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Beats me. What's even more surprising is that SK didn't ban Sausage Party, and that film was banned in Malaysia and the People's Republic of China, the latter where it was self-inficted by Taiwan so they wouldn't have to deal with angry parents mistaking it as a family-friendly movie.

Again, this is a temporary ban and they still plan on releasing it On Demand. Although, I'm not sure if ban was the right word here. From the sounds of it, there were just problems with their distributor that's keeping it from getting a theatrical release.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It better get lifted soon, because it's already going the right way for taking as how long a typical Japanese film took to get a release there. To my knowledge, at least seven Doraemon movies and eight Pokemon movies from 2009-2017 were released there within six months after they came out in Japan, and Railroad Man (1999) took only eight months, when back then, any Japanese films rated "general audiences" by the local censorship authority were allowed in SK, but animated films were not. There's also at least one Japanese film released in Japan the day after MLPTM was released in America, which got a release in Korea last month -- Narratage.

It's projected that if nothing still happens by June, then it'll be real trouble for this movie.

Edited by FirePuppy