Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Question about Tempest Shadow

TempestShadow1

I’m curious if it has been discussed already as to why Tempest’s form looks akin to Luna, Celestia and Cadence? She has the leaner more streamlined look like they do rather than the compact physicality of the Mane-6. Any theories out there? I tried a search, but not getting the info I’m looking for. In fact the search gives me an error each time, if I even get anything at all. 

Thank in advance Ponyfans!

TempestShadow1

48684179-2E04-4ECC-ADA9-592AA641128F.png

• Brohoof 1

She's not the only Non-Princess with that kind of form. Other ponies from the show like Fleur de Lis and Sassy Saddles also look like that. Some male Ponies like the Flim Flam bros and Zephyr Breeze are also taller and lankier than most ponies. I'd assume some ponies are just taller and more slender than others, and it's a good way to differentiate certain characters.

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

She's not the only Non-Princess with that kind of form. Other ponies from the show like Fleur de Lis and Sassy Saddles also look like that. Some male Ponies like the Flim Flam bros and Zephyr Breeze are also taller and lankier than most ponies. I'd assume some ponies are just taller and more slender than others, and it's a good way to differentiate certain characters.

Ahh yeah you make a good point. I forgot about Sassy and Fleur. I’ve wondered if it had something to do with age? Even though age hasn’t ever really been a topic in the show, aside from Luna and Celestia are clearly over 1000 each. So it is probably more what you said, and it’s just their build.

thanks for the input, it makes sense!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've always wondered why some ponies are like taller than the 'norm'/average pony size.  Also makes me wonder how long Pony's life spans are. 

But most likely it was just a stylized choice.  Unless age does come into factor.

Being tall and thin is the result of 3 things.

The tall and thin appearance is supposed to be reflective of super models for peak physical appearances, and is used as a marketing tool, because every little girl wants the prettiest pony.

On the stallion side of things, it just comes down to genetics really. Some diversity is to be expected and that's more easilly shown by squaring up their edges and making them taller.

For Unicorns at least, tallness can indicate that they are stronger. Tempest may have a broken horn, but she's still more powerful than most. She's merely limited in what she can conjure.

I think age is certainly a factor. Maybe it's just me but I feel like the "taller lankier" ponies are older. I put the Mane 6 at around age 20, and the lanky ponies at about age 30 type of deal.