Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's a Hobby of Yours

Altastrofae

I find pleasure in recording myself playing games, and editing those recordings. I also love to photoshop my friends, I'd post some here but one they're all inside jokes and two I dunno if they'd appreciate me posting their faces. I also enjoy playing my ocarina... getting a bit rusty though and should really practice.

• Brohoof 4

Writing Fanfiction, MLP Forums, Drawing Ponies (planning to create tumblr and use my deviant art but right now, just on a generic art profile I made on instagram called @artawe1) to name a few 

Edited by Sherbert
  • Brohoof 5

Most of my hobbies are centred around history. Buying and selling antiques for a profit is one of my favourites. My other would be metal detecting, which involves walking around parks and beaches looking for old relics or valuables. 

• Brohoof 5

I love to collect rocks and minerals. I started my collection back when I was in third grade and it's grown larger and larger each year! :love: 

I also used to have an HO scale model railroad, but I had to dismantle it because I moved into a smaller house and there wasn't enough room to put it anywhere. I still have all the buildings and Engines but they're sitting in boxes in my garage.     

• Brohoof 2

I spend most of my time listening to music and watching online videos. I play video games sometimes. Mostly on my PC.

• Brohoof 2

I enjoy traversing the night sky with my telescope. It's a very relaxing activity. I'm looking forward to the coming months where the planets will become visible; stars and deep space objects are nice, but there's something really satisfying about seeing Jupiter and Saturn.

My other big passion is programming; I've made a career out of it. Specifically, I like systems development and desktop development. I can do web stuff, it's just not as fun.

• Brohoof 2

I am a pretty avid fisherman, I try and go out at least once a weekend when the weather is nice enough to permit. A few hours on the lake or stream can be a very relaxing, meditative experience while alone, or a social fun time to hang out with some friends while cracking a few beers and talking. 

I also make it a point to go hiking with friends a few times a year, even if only for a few hours at a time. I am fortunate enough to live in a mountainous, wooded area where there are trails right in my town and county for easily accessible, fun trails. Also not far from the Appalachian trail which I have hiked on (not the entire thing- heavens no!) a handful of times :) 

I enjoy reading as well, typically fiction (currently slowly working on A Song of Ice and Fire) or business-centric articles online about the economy, stock market, how certain companies and technologies are doing, etc. Currently trying to wrap my head around blockchain... fascinating stuff! I like to keep up with the times!

I enjoy video gaming, but if you're an internet nerd who the fuck doesn't?

In addition, I dabble a bit in Dungeons and Dragons... by no means an expert and not knowledgeable enough to DM (maybe one day!) but I quite enjoy making characters and roleplaying as such in a more social scenario than just playing an RPG video game (which I also do quite frequently...)

Music is a large hobby of mine, mainly listening/critically analyzing it. Sometimes playing. If I'm not explicitly doing something that requires my ears, 9 times out of 10 my ears are being pummeled with sound... I listen mostly to metal and it is my area of expertise, but I also listen to alot of rock from the 60's/70's and 90's-today, and have more recently been delving into the wonderful world of modern indie rock and indie pop :) 

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

A bit of photography as a gateway from the realities and to help conjure creative freedom within myself. Expensive? maybe... but is it worth it? Absolutely yes. I never thought before how a picture can express, persuade and to captivate me into the very mind of the artist whom captured that image. I can see what they try to aim for to help visualize a common theme for visual storytelling. I want to start my own stories and share them. 

Listening to music, watching YouTube videos and playing games are my favourite hobbies.

When I can be bothered I like drawing or editing pictures, but never really finish anything.

Even though I suck at it, I also like producing music or sound effects. It's just fun messing around with different plugins to create unique sounds.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...