• Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadance
    • Thorax
    • Ember
    • Rutherford
    • Novo
    • Mayor Mare

I'm not talking about favorite, I'm talking the best at ruling.

They all have their pros and cons. Some of them are great symbols of good, and some are more brutish, and their attitudes are different.

For instance, Celestia is powerful and beloved and is a symbol of good, but sometimes she fails.

Thorax is incredibly good and has everyone's best interest in mind, but he can be somewhat of a softie.

Ember tries to be a good example, but is pretty rough around the edges.

Who do you think is the best leader? I can't really pick one, so this poll is multiple choice.

• Brohoof 2

King Sombra. :pinkie:

I voted for Thorax. I thought about choosing Ember, but then realized that Thorax has done the best job considering his personality and circumstances. It's amazing how well he's done as a leader despite being so soft and not being brought up in an actual bloodline of royalty.

I voted for a few, but overall I’d say the best is Celestia. She’s demonstrated time and time again to be a wise leader.

The main complaint people have about her as a ruler is that ‘the mane six always defeat the villains, not Celestia’, but I think that’s only happening because if it wasn’t, every major villain would probably be obliterated by her. That would probably get old after a while. :P 

20 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I voted for Thorax. I thought about choosing Ember, but then realized that Thorax has done the best job considering his personality and circumstances. It's amazing how well he's done as a leader despite being so soft and not being brought up in an actual bloodline of royalty.

That's pretty much the same with me.

Edited by We.
  • Brohoof 1

On 3/30/2018 at 10:57 PM, Rhythm Red said:

I voted for a few, but overall I’d say the best is Celestia. She’s demonstrated time and time again to be a wise leader.

The main complaint people have about her as a ruler is that ‘the mane six always defeat the villains, not Celestia’, but I think that’s only happening because if it wasn’t, every major villain would probably be obliterated by her. That would probably get old after a while. :P 

I think it's because people have pointed out that she keeps getting beaten. (on four different occassions, nonetheless! Chrysalis twice, the vines, and Tempest.

But it wouldn't do the story any good otherwise!

• Brohoof 1

Luna gets my vote. She may have a checkered past and a few rough edges but in some ways that's a good thing. She's not a kiss-up that changes with the prevailing breeze. Rather, she will stick to her opinions and would rule according to her heart. She does have compassion, as demonstrated in Scottaloo's dreams, when Luna helped her to overcome her fears, and she has experience. I don't really see a down-side to her. 

• 2 years later...