Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best PSone game you have played!

Angle Alastor

So what was you favorite psone game that you have every played or owned ?

for me that would be,

1.Spyro the dragon

2.Crash bandicoot

3.Final Fantasy 7

4.Nascar Rumble

5.Need for speed high stakes

6.star wars episode 1 the phantom menace

• Brohoof 3

Spyro the dragon is definitely one of my favorites if not the one :proud: . The gameplay, story, the fun of clearing everything in the map :o .

Also Abe’s Odyssey was fun too :wacko: .

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Oof, that's a hard one, the PS1 had a classic library, but I'd say my top 10 would be something like

1) Final Fantasy Tactics
2) Metal Gear Solid
3) Final Fantasy VIII
4) Resident Evil 2
5) Megaman X4
6) Legend of Dragoon
7) Syphon Filter 2
8) Castlevania Symphony of the Night
9) Megaman Legends
10) Megaman Legends 2

Edited by Alvin Yakitori
  • Brohoof 2

Tough call between Final Fantasy IX, Breath of Fire IV & Chrono Cross.

Honorable mentions go to Metal Gear Solid, Soul Reaver, FF 7, FF 8, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 2 & 3, Castlevania:SOTN, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Lunar: Silver Star Story, Koudelka, Parasite Eve 1 & 2

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorites were:

- Diablo
Back then... a really decent game. Local coop + action RPG - couldn't complain! :yay: So many hours spent there with my brother.. Good times...

- Quake 2
I really miss these times. I used to play it with my brother almost every single day.

- Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS
I've beat that game so many times... So many-- just on one save file I once had 8th new game+ or something. I think I've beat it more than 25 times.

- Megaman Legends 2
A really fun to play game. I've beat it many times too.

- Digimon World (only the first one; the rest was pretty bad)
Open-world-thingie; collecting stuff, exploring and fighting.. That game was just great. I was extremely disappointed by the next ones; they all are bad, compared to nice gameplay the first one had. I've beat this game, after maaaany hours of gameplay. :P 

- Silent Hill
It's just a decent, well-known game.

There are tons of many other games I could mention... :derp: Tomb Raider games, Spyro the Dragon, Ape Escape and so on...

Edited by Rikifive

• 2 weeks later...

Spyro: Year of the Dragon is such a fun game! Both me and my brother liked to play it a lot - I think the most satisfying thing was to catch an egg thief and see a dragon egg hatch. Not to mention the OST is superb and so memorable as well.

Looking back on it and considering my rather limited number of PS1 games, I would have to go with Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage as that game improved on the first in an immense way, while not becoming slightly overburdened by mini-games; if you will.

That's if I am only mentioning single games; haha. Without that; I am always going to say the Spyro the Dragon trilogy. ;)

• Brohoof 1

The first game I ever played was on the Playstation; Crash Bandicoot. I have very fond memories of it, as well as how difficult it was to even save the game. Still, it's a game I hold very dear.

As for the best, I'd probably say the original Metal Gear Solid. It was pretty revolutionary for it's cinematic edge and great voice-acting, not to mention the phenomenal gameplay.

I think my most favorite of them all would be Resident Evil 2, the cool Transformation Sequences, Graphic and Size of this game are amazing.

Other good examples are Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare for almost the same reasons, Spiderman ( the only superhero game i played on the ps one ), Riven - The Sequel to Myst, Tomb Raider 1 and Silent Hill.

Havent played much of the famous Platformer franchises, so i cant say much about them. Rayman 2 is pretty cool, except that it doesnt have cut scenes in beautiful quality, like some other more cinematic games.

• Brohoof 1