Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Odd One Out

Shadow Dancer

(edited)

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/175920-the-odd-one-out/

The sun was setting on the small town of Scorched Sands a small coastal town south of Baltimare and west of the Dragon Lands   "Thank you for joining us Everypony! We now will leave for Baltimare but don't worry we will be back around the same time next year with even more to show you." The ringleader Circus Joe announced as he and his employees took a bow eliciting applause from the ponies watching. The stage darkened and the ponies started to walk back home satisfied. 

It was then a roar erupted from the sky, a pony looked up and shouted, "Dragon!" The change was instant the orderly trotting of ponies became a panicked stampede with the towns few guards frantically drawing their bows in a futile attempt to shoot the dragon down. 

The circus master and his employees were in a similar situation trying to get out of the line of fire before the dragon burned them to a crisp momentarily forgetting the various animals they had captive including a single human that found himself without any sort of guard. The lone human took this rare chance to run the opposite direction through an open field and towards the nearby swamps with a small hope that he would not be noticed in the chaos.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

(edited)

I had been walking back to the wagon I call home when the dragon attack happened and when I saw the dragons attacking the circus I frowned. I looked in my saddlebag to see I was low on bits and looking back I smirked.

'And the fates provide.' I think as I park my wagon and dash back in irder to pillage and steal what I could

Edited by kaiser5578

@kaiser5578 @Miss Reaper 

At this point the town was burning and the circus outside of it was little more then ash with the smell of charred flesh permeating the area. The dragon had it's sights on the town arrows bouncing pitifully off it's scales when it noticed a lone creature running towards the swamps and a pony looting the once grand circus. Not recognizing what the creature running towards the swamps was, the dragon decided it could use a source of entertainment back home. It would come for the lone pony in a moment.

Marcus looked back to see if anyone noticed him and he was greeted with his greatest fear the ruby red dragon was flying right at him. He was moments away from the forest but it was too late. Preparing for a blast of fire he was taken by surprise when he was snatched up by the dragon's hind legs. Marcus struggled for awhile before realizing he was not getting away this time his freedom once more taken away.

The dragon with his prize caught flew strait back at the lone pony looting the circus intent on having another bite to eat before heading back home.

(edited)

I pick up on the sound of the dragon'a wings and sigh. I turn to it, rolling my eyes.

"Brutes will be brutes I suppose." And cause an illusion of four shadow clones before scattering with the goodies

soon after I cast a second spell turning the true me invisible.

'minds of brutes are so simple to manipulate, now as for that intriguing creature... I'll have to follow it, could have value to it.'

(heads up, his spells are all illusion based. Visual illusion that is, with a handful of spells affecting noise)

Edited by kaiser5578

Marcus witnessed the magic before him split the lone unicorn into multiple copies and scattering. The hungry dragon lunged at one copy causing it's jaws to snap on nothing the items clattering to the ground. It repeated this several times dispelling the copies but still finding itself without a meal. It was then a guards spell found it's mark on one of it's wings creating a small hole while not disabling was quite painful. The dragon roared in pain dropping it's prize. Not wanting to take another hit in the wing the dragon decided the ponies it did eat were quite enough and flew off grumbling about the fact it lost the curious creature 

Marcus free once more after falling several feet onto his stomach. Marcus got up with a groan his body stiff and sore but still he made it a point to head to the swamps before the Ringleader noticed he was gone.

I take a quick checkup on my magic, I decide to drop the invisibility as the clones had been quite taxing on me and go to drop off what goods I had into my wagon before continuing after the odd creature on hoof, I would have to be careful to muffle my hooves as I approaches. Didn't want my prize to weasel away, and If a dragon was interested, so was I.

Before pursuing him into the swamp I collect a line of chains from my wagon and follow, cursing myself for not buying rope. The more silent material would have been a much better choice.

Marcus managed to get halfway across the field before his gut twisted. Something was behind him and he remembered his army training and how many times that feeling had kept him ahead in the war games. He bared any pain and started to prepare for a fight he couldn't hear anything but the wind blowing around him. Though he prepared himself in the hopes that he could take his stalker by surprise.

I watch him 'observant, could've sworn I was downwind.' I think before deciding to use distance to my advantage

in a sudden rush I run out from the brush, I didn't have enough energy for another illusion. Not a useful one at least, do I rapidly attempt to wrap the chains around him with my telekinesis.

'this had better be worth it' I think 

(edited)

I then felt several chains hit me knocking me on my stomach as they tried to bind me. I saw the unicorn responsible and adrenaline surged through me I would not get captured a third time by some lone unicorn. "Fuck you!" I shouted both at the pony and at this new world, using my free right arm to grab the chains I pulled on them using the chains and pony as a counter wieght to get back up quickly. With that done I attempted to get the chains off me before any recovery could be made.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

"Holy Celestia, this things got more bite than I thought." I mumble falling to the ground, trying to find a way of subduing him without draining what energy I had left

if I couldn't I may have to break for it, or maybe if could just go for a knockout.  Though if it got the chain than It was armed and I wouldn't be...

Marcus moved towards the enemy unicorn wrapping the chain around his arm as he moved keeping his movements swift. With the pony now on the ground Marcus thought about taking the chain and leaving but thought better of it and prepared a quick swing of his chain wrapped arm to the head to knock his attacker out and buy a little time. Though Marcus was still very careful about the Unicorn's magic no knowing how much this particular one had left.

(Going to stop here for now to let Miss Reaper post.)

Of all the things that Lunar Symphony might have expected out of this trip, a dragon attack certainly was the last thing on her mind. But, just as the batpony was about to turn in for the night, her keen hearing picked up the sounds of ponies' screams and the roaring of some mighty, angry creature. The acrid smell of smoke and flames along with the cacophony was what drew her out to see what was going on.

By the time she arrived, the dragon - that's what it was, her echolocation gave her enough of a sense of its retreating silhouette that she knew - was already fleeing the scene. She carefully walked among ashen debris, issuing a few clicks from the back of her throat every couple of seconds to check for any possible survivors hiding or perhaps trapped within the ruins. Nothing; it seemed that all the ponies here had either fled or were taken by the dragon. With her attention so focused on the debris, though, it was surprising to say the least when she heard a scuffle going on not too far away. Her ears twitched, the mare froze in place. What did she find herself in the middle of?

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, folks! Hope this works alright, but if not just lemme know :))

• Brohoof 1

"Holy Luna!" I shout as I decide to say I Tartarus with caution and just let magic blast out of my horn in a blaze, an illusionary one that is but he didn't need to know that

Im starting to think this was a little more trouble than it's worth, this thing was harder to catch than a manticore. So I chose the favored option of every failed attacker/kidnapper/murderer

"Help1" I shout "A vicious beast is attacking me!"

Marcus instinctively flinched back before quickly realizing the blast did nothing and going right back on the offensive the cries for help very amusing to the human. "Ah so now you cry for help after I put up to much of a fight." Marcus cocked back his arm to finish the fight right then.