Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could Twilight and Celestia be stripped of their status as Princess?

SaburoDaimando

IF you recall at the end of School Daze, Twilight Sparkle would defy the E.E.A.'s rules and make her School of Friendship independent, even going as far as to shatter the lock that kept her school closed.  This infuriated Chancellor Neighsay, and not helping was Princess Celestia's decision to side with her former pupil on the school.  But in my mind, by doing this, both Twilight and Celestia are risking their Princess title just to expand the magic of Friendship.

Not long ago, Canterlot was invaded by the armies of the STorm King, who is considered a Non-Pony creature by Equestria's standards.  This winds up justifying Neighsay's stance against other creatures like Griffins, Dragons, Changelings, Yaks and Hippogryphs.  But imagine if there was another invasion by another Non-Pony creature(Or maybe the return of Tirek).  That would give Neighsay's argument enough power to demand not only Twilight losing her status as the Princess of Friendship, but also Celestia losing her status as the Prime Princess of the Sun.

How would you all feel if both Twilight and Celestia were no longer considered Princesses by the Equestrian Parliament because of their decision to cater to non-Pony races?

I feel that would send a very cynical message. Presuming the Parliament is democratically elected, it's basically saying the masses are prejudiced and only an enlightened elite can guide them to a better harmony. I'm not sure I like that, and it'd seem like a little bit of a leap to me; a single invasion by a sinister figure undoes all of Equestria's alliances and friendships? Not buying it. 

Plus, removing the monarchy would require the unanimous consent of not only both houses of Parliament but also the legislatures of all 10 provinces, and you know how hard it is to get all 10 provinces to agree on anything. 

Spoiler

That was a Canadian politics joke, by the by. Honestly, I don't know if Equestria even has a legislature. Its politics are incredibly confusing. 

• Brohoof 2

53 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I feel that would send a very cynical message. Presuming the Parliament is democratically elected, it's basically saying the masses are prejudiced and only an enlightened elite can guide them to a better harmony. I'm not sure I like that, and it'd seem like a little bit of a leap to me; a single invasion by a sinister figure undoes all of Equestria's alliances and friendships? Not buying it. 

Plus, removing the monarchy would require the unanimous consent of not only both houses of Parliament but also the legislatures of all 10 provinces, and you know how hard it is to get all 10 provinces to agree on anything. 

Hide contents

That was a Canadian politics joke, by the by. Honestly, I don't know if Equestria even has a legislature. Its politics are incredibly confusing. 

Eh, every city and town mostly governs itself with Celestia acting as the highest pony who watches over the land and connects it, she has power over all the land in Equestria but cannot walk in and command everything, meanwhile organizations like the EEA keep power in check by controlling certain aspects of the country such as education.

(edited)

First there would need to be some sort of connection between Twilight's school teaching friendship and a non-pony invasion. Like the school doesn't have any of the storm creatures under Storm King's rule, so say the events of the movie happened after the school was founded, and the invasion is unrelated. Heck, of the force that liberated Canterlot, over half of it was non-pony creatures, including a dragon and a hippogriff. Not to mention the reason they were invaded at all was because a pony who didn't have friendship was the one who led the Storm King into attacking Equestria.

Even if a rogue group of dragons or changelings attacked, if they were disowned by the official leaders then there's still no actual connection unless there was proof that somehow learning how to make friends was something that was weaponized.

Edited by Marimo

Dude, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight can ignore him wherever they wish. He is only a form of check and balance that exist at the princess' leisure. 

In the end those four are the only ones whose say matters. Besides two of them aren't just royalty, they are deities and only a fool would infuriate a deity.

• Brohoof 1

I think that can be possible, but it's highly unlikely. I can't use big words like others above, but I can say, it would be unreasonable. Twilight, sure, They don't actually need a "Princess of Friendship" as she could do it herself with others working together. Celestia is the Princess of the Sun. The one who raises the sun every day.

SPOILERS (Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled)

Spoiler

If you ever foolishly watched the leaked episode of season 8 (exactly like I did) then in the new episode coming out soon, Horse Play, it is said that Celestia was the only one powerful enough to raise the sun. The other unicorns who did, lost all their magic in the process of doing so. 

Now let's say, even if her status as Princess was taken away, she would still raise the sun every day because she wants the best for her subjects.

Now, even so, the ponies of Equestria always go to their Princess for help. They trust and look up to Celestia. She is the face of that nation. Taking her away would be catastrophic for the entire nation. We all saw when Luna took over Celestia's role. It did not go well. Celestia was able to handle Luna's role of raising the moon every night when she was trapped in the moon for a thousand years. Who would take over Celestia's role if she was taken down? Definitely not Luna. Cadence already rules over the Crystal Empire, so she would not be able to take over the kingdom at Luna's side.

Just to sum up:

Stripping Twilight's role as a princess would not be as disastrous as stripping Celestia as her role. 

I think can, but it unlikely, because you would make the alicorns mad. And somepony else has to be king/queen leading to corruption or he/she is not strong enough.

(edited)
7 hours ago, Sketchy Tune said:

I think that can be possible, but it's highly unlikely. I can't use big words like others above, but I can say, it would be unreasonable. Twilight, sure, They don't actually need a "Princess of Friendship" as she could do it herself with others working together. Celestia is the Princess of the Sun. The one who raises the sun every day.

SPOILERS (Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled)

Reveal hidden contents

If you ever foolishly watched the leaked episode of season 8 (exactly like I did) then in the new episode coming out soon, Horse Play, it is said that Celestia was the only one powerful enough to raise the sun. The other unicorns who did, lost all their magic in the process of doing so. 

Now let's say, even if her status as Princess was taken away, she would still raise the sun every day because she wants the best for her subjects.

Now, even so, the ponies of Equestria always go to their Princess for help. They trust and look up to Celestia. She is the face of that nation. Taking her away would be catastrophic for the entire nation. We all saw when Luna took over Celestia's role. It did not go well. Celestia was able to handle Luna's role of raising the moon every night when she was trapped in the moon for a thousand years. Who would take over Celestia's role if she was taken down? Definitely not Luna. Cadence already rules over the Crystal Empire, so she would not be able to take over the kingdom at Luna's side.

Just to sum up:

Stripping Twilight's role as a princess would not be as disastrous as stripping Celestia as her role. 

Another thing I forgot to point out was that it was Celestia who brought in the Non-Pony creatures for Twilight's School(Mainly as a request for Twilight). The same Celestia who was turned to stone during the movie by the Storm King's minion: Tempest Shadow.  And like Twilight, Celestia has a passion for having the magic of friendship expanded to Non-pony creatures.  There are many ponies in Equestria with enough political power to start a purely pony propaganda movement against non-ponies(Bet you can't say that three times fast).

So if anything, it won't be that hard to bring down Celestia's status as Prime Princess of Equestria.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

They would probably not be stripped of their status. Celestia and the other princesses have all the real power. even if they were no longer princesses, Luna would just make them alicorns again, as @kaiser5578said. 

5 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

There are many ponies in Equestria with enough political power to start a purely pony propaganda movement against non-ponies(Bet you can't say that three times fast).

Care to name these ponies, and why you think they have more political power than the princess who is literally able to shift the sun, and is the only pony capable of shifting the sun?

5 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Another thing I forgot to point out was that it was Celestia who brought in the Non-Pony creatures for Twilight's School(Mainly as a request for Twilight). The same Celestia who was turned to stone during the movie by the Storm King's minion: Tempest Shadow. 

Celestia has had a few times where she has been physically incapacitated by a threat, but she's never had her title revoked in any of those instances.

I doubt that Celestia could simply be impeached like that. Twilight is more likely since she is a lesser princess and she was the one defying the EEA. However, I could only see impeachment happening if Celestia had sided with the EEA