Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Outcasts of Society (1x1 with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

Indicus did not need to think about the deal for long. "I'll take it. Though you don't need to pay past the accommodations you are already offering, my pensions will give me plenty of extra spending money since they are not going to go into rent anymore." Indicus smiled, he had not had a friend he could just talk to in a long time and no he had found such a person. "Just tell me where I can put my belongings and I can have them here immediately."  

Arcania smiles “well in that case, welcome to your new home. Sure we’ll need to expand the house a bit but luckily a certain princess owes me a couple of favours” she says as she hears a knock on the door

"I'll get my things here in a bit then." Indicus was about to retrieve the runic scroll he put the spell on before someone knocked on the door. "Arcania, any idea of who it might be?" Indicus put the scroll away for the moment curious about the visitor.

Arcania shakes her head as she goes to open the door and gasps, as before her was a newborn changeling foal in a basket with a note that read “Hive dying, cannot feed, please take in and love.” She picks up the basket and brings it inside 

Indicus was surprised when he saw a changeling foal or nymph as they were called and the message the note carried was a very frightening prospect. "This is not good, from the look of it the nymph is from Chrysalis's hive. I know the events at the wedding ended badly for them but what happened to make it this much worse?"

“I..I don’t know, but we can’t just abandon the little one” she says and looks at him “This is your home now too, so you have a say. Do you think we can cater to this little cutie?” She asks, gently giving the nymph a scratch under its chin.

"Of course I'll help take care of the nymph. I would never abandon a helpless child. Though unless we want to call the nymph 'it and nymph' we should find out the gender and give it a name" Indicus suggested then lightly patted they nymph on the head. 

Arcania smiles “I believe it’s a female..hmm how about Faith?” She suggests, smiling at just how her luck had suddenly changed in one night. “Such a cutie too, you know?” she says softly as she looks around the house.

"Faith..." Indicus pondered the name before smiling. "A good name for her. Funny how today we met and now have the chance to help little Faith here." Indicus smiled as he used his hand to play with the foal. Though his eyes widened as he realized for the first time in his life he was going to be a proverbial father to a child.

Arcania giggles “wow, my luck really changed tonight. First I met a well mannered, polite and handsome gentlestallion and now we have little Faith to raise” she says quite happily “am I dreaming?” She asks and pinches herself “nope I’m wide awake”

If anyone asked if Indicus blushed something fierce that night because of what Arcania said he would deny it without pause. Though eventually he composed himself and stepped next to Arcania wrapping an arm around her. "Well it seems we are going to be raising a child much earlier then we both thought." 

Arcania just nuzzles him, now cradling Faith in her arms “no complaints here” she says as she coos to the little nymph with a happy sigh “still, can’t believe you’re not taken..you are..single aren’t you?” She asks somewhat sheepishly and giggles softly, “slow down girl” she whispers to herself 

Indicus had a feeling that this question would eventually pop up and though the answer was simple he had to still think about what he was going to say. "Yea I'm single, though it is of little surprise I'm not taken never really perused a relationship."

"Losing your first marefriend will do that." Indicus muttered darkly.

Arcania frowned “I’m so sorry dear, I too lost a loved one” she says “my first stallionfriend, died of poisoning” she explains “there was a..thief who was jealous” she finishes “but you don’t have mates after you? I mean with how polite and handsome you are..”

"I tried that new thing called speed dating once it was a few years after my retirement and I figured why not. But it flopped. If it wasn't my initial appearance it was my fangs, if not that then it was my past, or the way I behaved and a slew of other things. I found that most Equestrian towns and cities don't really care for an old warhorse, especially if that old warhorse is a predator. 

I think the closest I got to any attention after that was talking to a wealthy mare that I found out just wanted to 'try them all'. I chuckled at the memory that mare was persistent but my will to not be some exotic lay out weighed my second head. "Well that and a instance of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and forgetting it was season in a town where ninety percent of the residents were mares. But once more no real potential mates since my marefriend was killed."

"So if I may ask. Your a beautiful mare why haven't you been swept off your feet? Practicing Alchemy can't be the only reason and I heard you allude to using something besides normal unicorn magic."

“Alchemical magic. It’s based off of a knowledge of science, which you’d think in this day and age, ponies would be accepting of, but isn’t, the law of equivalent exchange and well the primal magic that everypony has, but needs to be tapped into to acquire” she explains and blushes “sorry, I kind of..go off on a tangent when it comes to my work” she says and smiles “other than that, lack of time and wanting to. Most stallions are either taken or total jerks”

Indicus chuckled, "It's fine, I know what it is like to be passionate about something. That and I have some limited knowledge about primal magic from my teacher. He always went on a tangent about being able to use magic without my horn and taught me how.

"He also talked about tapping into my other half though I still haven't figured out what that meant besides it had to do with my bat-pony heritage  and any elder Thestral's  from Hollow Shades clammed up every time I asked about it." 

Indicus sat down on the couch and invited Arcania to sit next to him. "None the less it's nice to know someone who doesn't avoid me on sight. It has been a long time since that was true."

Arcania smiles and sits next to him, Faith in her lap “Feeling is mutual my dear Indicus” she says with a smile and nuzzles him “your thestral heritage hmm? I may have a book or two on it, though they might also be in the old tongue” she says as she gently strokes Faith’s mane “and it’s great to finally find someone who believes in and knows about primal magic”

Indicus found himself relishing in the contact. It had been a long time since he felt a female's touch in more then the simple act of getting it out of his system so he could focus on his jobs. "Hmm I will have to look at them sometime, as for believing and knowing about Primal magic it is lightly covered in my home counties schools and there is a active study to find it's potential although it is not large because of the dangers it comes with. I'm surprised ponies don't believe in a force that makes up the Everfree Forest, and is kinda responsible for the random bouts of song."

Arcania nods “Oh interesting, maybe I could go there sometime and teach what I know” she says and giggles at Faith trying to grab her finger “you really think those bouts of song from the mane six are random? I always thought it was planned, they seem to have a song for every occasion”

"I'm sure you could get a chance at a guest appearance at a college." Indicus smiled and brushed the exposed fur on Arcania's arm without really realizing it "Well not random exactly but they are a result of primal magic plus high emotion." 

Arcania nods “great, I’d love a chance to teach others” she says, hearing another knock, gently looking at Indicus “could you get that please dear?” She asks not knowing that on the other side of the door was a night guard mare.

"I can do that." Indicus walked up to the door and opened it he was surprised to see a night guard, a mare by the look of it. "Well hello there what bring's a  night guard like you here here ma'am?" Indicus gave Arcania a questioning look.

The mare smiles, showing her fangs “Good evening, is miss Starmane in? We’ve had reports of changelings running from this area.”

Arcania just rolls her eyes “come in Captain, we can show you the reason for those reports” she says

As soon as she stepped into the house she gasps 

“This is little Faith, her parents give us dying and she was left here with a note. Indicus and I couldn’t abandon her, so we took her in”

Indicus was very tense and about one move away from killing the mare if she even seemed like she would threaten Faith. "Yes Arcania is correct we could not let a child die changeling or not. I have accepted her as if she were my blood. I'm sure you know a little about threatening a griffin's family and also the Thestral ways as well?" Indicus said his tone carrying a harsh warning.