Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Outcasts of Society (1x1 with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

The captain smiles “I would never dream of hurting or even threatening to hurt the little one” she says “Yes, is Thestrals are very family minded” she bows “Luna will have to be told however, but I am sure she will be fine with it, especially as she knows about your compassion for others, Arcania. may I please hold her?”

Arcania smiles and hands her over “of course you can Charity” she says and whispers to Indicus “Charity here is one of my only friends”

Indicus relaxed himself loosening his stance and his expression. "I'm glad to hear that, I know the lunar guard is much less likely to scream bloody murder but I did not want to put that to chance. Anyway nice to meet you Charity, my name's Indicus, retired member of Luna's Sword." Indicus did not include 'last of' in his introduction as a former operative.

Charity smiles back at him "Pleasure to meet you too ser Indicus, I remember seeing your portrait on the walls of the hall of heroes" she says as she hands Faith back to them "Anyway, it is good to see neither of you are hurt, and that this little cutie has a good loving couple to love and care for her" she bows "I must be off, have a good evening you two" she says before unfolding her thestral wings and flying off.

Arcania smiles and gently rocks Faith in her arms, "Such a precious little gift to us"

Indicus waved back at Charity. "Have a good evening as well Charity." Indicus then shifted his attention back to Arcania and his adopted daughter. "Yes she is. I still find it funny how we got from meeting in the woods to taking in a changeling nymph. Today has been very interesting." 

"And all because I flung my blade in sheer frustration and narrowly missed hitting you with it" she chuckles and kisses his cheek, resting her head on his shoulder "Remember how I mentioned a certain princess oweing me some favors? getting Charity into the Night Guard was one of the favors i pulled in" she then lets Faith suck on her finger gently.

Indicus blushed for the second time that evening a grin forming on his face he never bought into the idea of a soulmate but he had to admit he felt oddly comfortable with Arcania's kiss and how they held each other and easily saw himself with her for life. Something told him Dusk Flower would like Arcania, and the thought comforted him. "All the cheesy movies have people meet in libraries and the like but. I don't think they account for a assassin slash thief and a alchemist meeting." Indicus joked.  

Arcania smiles a bit more "Pfft those movies are cheesy for a reason, they're for all those ponies who are longing for love..oh what am I saying, I've been looking for a stallion like you, just not putting much effort into it" she giggles "And look at us, two lovestruck fools" she smiles and giggles, "and with a litlte nymph to look after" she giggles "so then honey, what shall we do now?" she says, somewhat teasingly.

Indicus laughed. "I can't say I was looking for love but I'm glad I just got a chance at it. As for what to do next I will get my things here and we will get little Faith here to bed. What happens next I propose we cuddle and go from there." 

Arcania smiles and nuzzles him "Sounds good to me, I could definitely go for cuddles and I'm glad we got to meet too, hopefully now stallions will back off trying to get under my dress" she giggles and kisses his cheek "go get your stuff then"

"Well if they don't I can take care of them now it's what you hired me for after all, well that and the cuddles." Indicus joked. He then got out a scroll with some runes written on it and tore it in half, then before their eyes a decent sized trunk with all of Indicus's belongings appeared. Indicus quickly took it to the bed room placing it in an empty corner before returning with a smile. "Now cuddle time."

Arcania giggles and pats the spot next to her on the sofa "Nah, I hired you for protection. The cuddles are just a added bonus" she says and cuddles up to him "Not that I am complaining, it will be nice to cuddle someone again" she says and closes her eyes "Business starts tomorrow though, I have a few clients who have some important work for me, and I need to finish their commissions"

Indicus sits next to Arcania and embraces her enjoying a type of contact that he forgot he missed. "Added bonus or not you could kick me out and just pay me in cuddles and I would be a happy stallion." Indicus sighed rubbing his hand up and down the exposed fur on Arcania's arm. "Well then it seems I might have my work cut out for me." 

Arcania smiles and sighs happily "Don't tempt me, but we already made a deal" she says and kisses his cheek, still holding Faith in her arms, almost refusing to let go of her "Little Faith, more like huge Faith, s-she gave me a reason t-to want to live, y-you both do" she says, starting to tear up.

Indicus let Arcania rest her head on his shoulder and in interest of trying to help he decided to carefully inquire on what she meant "Go on Arcania, I'm here I will listen to you, give you a shoulder to cry on." Indicus brushed Arcania's mane letting her continue at her own pace.

Arcania sighs "I was beginning to give up on wanting to actually live, and just you know go day by day doing nothing and everything by myself" she starts, rocking Faith in her arms "But then you two come along and into my life and gave me a reason to want to live again" she says and looks at him with a smile.

Making sure not to hurt Faith Indicus hugged Arcania a little tighter. "Well I for one am very glad for that Equestria can always use good open minded people like you. That and I now have something to look forward to. This job, this chance at a relationship helps me in ways only you might understand. I was always on auto pilot just one job to another. Steal a jewel, kill a noble, go home and repeat the next day. It seems we have a reason to thank each other." Indicus smiled giving the dark blue mare a kiss on the cheek.

Arcania smilese and blushes a little "I guess you are right, was this your intention though? With saying just to pay you with lodgings and food?" she asks with a giggle "Because if it was, then it worked" she says and snuggles closer to him "Hmm how about this, when I'm at work, you look after our little one here unless I call you for security or something?"

"I said that because I saw no need for extra money now that I am not getting bent over for every bit I have by a greedy landlord. Honestly when you first invited me over I was just going to get a shower use a spell to clean my cloths somewhat and go back to the daily grind. You then kept me with food then the job offer. Everything between happened without any real goal behind it."

Indicus adjusted himself to make Arcania more comfortable. "Sounds like a plan, I have baby sat a bit so I might manage."

"So pure happenstance?" She asks and nuzzles him "Well I'm happy it all happened" she says, gently stroking Faith's mane "Alright then, that way there will be someone here to make sure she is safe" she says and closes her eyes "Besides I think Faith really likes you" she says with a small smile and a giggle.

"I can see that." Indicus uses his hand to play with Faith causing the changeling nymph to giggle. "This will be an interesting new chapter for both of us." Indicus closed his eyes and nuzzled Arcania, continuing to bask in the feeling of a warm body next to him. Asking how he got so lucky in the first palce. 

Arcania smiles and soon finds herself napping while leaning on Indicus, lightly and rather cutely snoring. “Mm my big, strong and handsome stallion” she says, cuddling up to him more. While she napped, Faith crawls into Indicus’ lap.

Indicus brushed Faith's mane as he sat there a large smile on his face. "Whatever God or gods may be out there thank you" Indicus whispered to the air before closing his eyes and drifting off his hand still on Faith's head.

A couple of hours later, Arcania wakes up with a cute yawn and smiles as he sees Indicus asleep with Faith in his lap. She gently lifts Faith up and cradles her in her arms while she put a blanket over Indicus "sleep well dear" she whispers as she goe to find something for herself and to feed Faith.

Indicus unconsciously grasps the blanket using it as a replacement for the two missing sources of warmth. Though the look on his face made it easy to tell he was quite content and would not get up for a little while longer.

Arcania smiled as she looked over her shoulder at him, shaking her head before giving Faith some of her love for now and munching on some toast she had made, setting some aside for Indicus before putting Faith back into his arms and drawing an alchemic circle, gathering enough wood shavings etc to create a crib for her using alchemy. Within a minute or two, there stood a crib fit for a princess.