flutterbard

Anyone else think Neighsay should have been fired?

Recommended Posts

I can see him getting fired and then getting hired somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiled Rich is similarly prejudiced, and nothing was done with her beyond Diamond Tiara telling her off, so Neighsay getting fired, or punished at all, is unlikely. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

It is strange to me that Neighsay was just allowed to continue this authority and was never so much as overruled by, you know, the rulers of the land. But Equestria's governance has been confusing for a very long time now, so I guess it's nothing new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Equestria has many confusing questions though like how long is a moon, is there a set price for anything or do they just barter, how do gems function as food, jewelry and a unit of currency. The last two work together such as all the mane 6 paying Spike a gem to pet sit and then cutie mark crusaders using the smallest of those gems to buy an industrial sized hair dryer and Spike then uses a larger one to buy round trip tickets to the crystal empire for himself, 3 ponies and 6 pets followed by another large one to pay off the food cart damage. Apple bloom selling a bag of apple's for 4 bits and the cherry seller demanding 12 bits for a cherry then selling it for 2.

Edited by Senko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

44 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

It is strange to me that Neighsay was just allowed to continue this authority and was never so much as overruled by, you know, the rulers of the land. But Equestria's governance has been confusing for a very long time now, so I guess it's nothing new. 

I thought he WAS overuled? That's how Twilight got her school up and running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

I thought he WAS overuled? That's how Twilight got her school up and running.

I think she just sort of broke the lock and ignored him. Nobody ordered him to approve the school. 

  • teacup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, AlexanderThrond said:

I think she just sort of broke the lock and ignored him. Nobody ordered him to approve the school. 

Isn't that because the school DOESN'T meet the EEA standards? Like, it literally doesn't. Racism aside, the Mane 6 still aren't qualified to teach things in the EEA way, and they still had students who were skipping class and those students still put others at risk.

Twilight just flexed her muscles as the Princess of Friendship to deem the school a "Friendship" school and thus it didn't need to step in toe with the EEA. In that sense she overuled him because his authority over schools was trumped by her.

Is there any real point in forcing him to approve the school if it literally doesn't conform to the EEA's standards. It wouldn't be a "standardized" seal of approval then, would it?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

Isn't that because the school DOESN'T meet the EEA standards? Like, it literally doesn't. Racism aside, the Mane 6 still aren't qualified to teach things in the EEA way, and they still had students who were skipping class and those students still put others at risk.

 Twilight just flexed her muscles as the Princess of Friendship to deem the school a "Friendship" school and thus it didn't need to step in toe with the EEA. In that sense she overuled him because his authority over schools was trumped by her.

 Is there any real point in forcing him to approve the school if it literally doesn't conform to the EEA's standards. It wouldn't be a "standardized" seal of approval then, would it?

That is true, and I still wonder how the mane six find the time to teach. I guess that comes back to the original question, though, in that I don't know how Celestia and Twilight didn't use their authority to replace Neighsay with someone less racist (who would probably still have closed the school.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

9 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

That is true, and I still wonder how the mane six find the time to teach. I guess that comes back to the original question, though, in that I don't know how Celestia and Twilight didn't use their authority to replace Neighsay with someone less racist (who would probably still have closed the school.)

This actually brings up my lingering thought about how firings work in Equestria. In Equestria you can literally know a pony's expertise and passion by looking at their ass. Neighsay presumably rose as high as he did because it's his passion and what he was put on this earth to do. So if a person like that is fired from their destiny, is their life screwed?

Is it worth it to keep him around for his skillset and maybe just keep him away from the political stuff.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the organization he's from is pretty strict on their rules on how's schools are run, it'll likely be a no. Unless some scandal happens, does something nefarious, or Celestia steps in Neighsay will still be head of the EEA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should be warned and given a chance to improve. Or a BIG slap on the wrist - this is Equestria after all, there shouldn't be extreme ramifications when someone can learn and improve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 4/20/2018 at 5:14 PM, Karnak said:

He deserves life in Tartarus.

So exactly!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

21 hours ago, PacificGreen said:

My biggest beef with the season premiere was that, despite Neighsay being a racist, Twilight still wasn't able to answer some of the EEA's concerns about running off on adventures, teachers being unqualified, etc., and basically lied to Neighsay about the students running off to skip class. So when the School Six seriously endanger the lives of ponies in that crash at the end of the first part, can you really blame Neighsay for shutting down the school?

I usually like when the episode is willing to acknowledge both sides of the conflict, but this felt a little too strawman-y and one-sided, and unintentionally seemed to come off as "bureaucracies and government regulations are bad" when I feel it's a lot more nuanced than that.

So yeah, you can see I'm honestly not a big fan of this series premiere, contrary to popular opinion.

It did, Twilight and the trouble maker 6 needed an out to that debacle which shut down the school.

Edited by Singe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TransitPony said:

Considering the organization he's from is pretty strict on their rules on how's schools are run, it'll likely be a no. Unless some scandal happens, does something nefarious, or Celestia steps in Neighsay will still be head of the EEA. 

Like I said I don't think he actually did anything wrong especially wrong enough to be fired. Unpleasant yes, wrong no especially given he is not a diplomat. I prefer a world someone can actually say what they think secure in not being victimised for it rather than getting jailed for 8 years like our world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.