Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Protagonists Ever

Castle Bleck

3 minutes ago, A.V. said:

IYO, who was more intolerable: her... or Wesley Crusher?

As far as on screen presence? I'd say Janeway was more entertaining. I don't hate Wesley, but he is kinda bland. Never payed a whole lot of attention when I watched as a kid.

But as characters? Wesley may have been bland and a little annoying, but at least he was consistent. In hindsight, Janeway was just frustrating at times. 

• Brohoof 1

On 20/4/2018 at 10:53 PM, A.V. said:

Roman Reigns: *Ignores suspension, trespasses, resists arrest, and attacks U.S. Marshals -- just in the first few minutes of one Raw.*

In the words of Linkara, "Our hero, everybody!"

What about Brock Lesnar?
All he does is standing on the ring while Paul Hayman do all the talk, and when he fights he does a few tackles, do a couple of German Suplex because "hey, Suplex City is his gimmick" and a F5 to finish everything.
I know he's not a protagonist in terms of story but for an Universal Champion he's even more boring than Jinder Mahal last year..

On 4/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, A.V. said:

Roman Reigns: *Ignores suspension, trespasses, resists arrest, and attacks U.S. Marshals -- just in the first few minutes of one Raw.*

In the words of Linkara, "Our hero, everybody!"

I was actually gonna post a crap ton of wrestling related ones. But I didn't think anypony else would get them. 

On the subject of Roman: Don't forget that he also failed a drug test while champion, crashed a wedding, beat up a husband for defending his wife's honor, and tried to murder a dude with an ambulance, because he lost a match fair and square

You know who else sucks as a good guy? Randy Orton. Real life dirt bag. Sociopath in the ring. Lied and manipulated in order to get revenge on his enemies by earning their trust, stabbing them in the back and burning down their house. 

Oh, throw John Cena in there too. Not that he's as bad, but he's a boring character. He's a generic boy scout for the sake of it. His whole shtick is "You are evil/anti-american. Therefore I must fight you." 

18 minutes ago, Laurel Crown said:

What about Brock Lesnar?
All he does is standing on the ring while Paul Hayman do all the talk, and when he fights he does a few tackles, do a couple of German Suplex because "hey, Suplex City is his gimmick" and a F5 to finish everything.
I know he's not a protagonist in terms of story but for an Universal Champion he's even more boring than Jinder Mahal last year..

Yeah, he's not a good guy. He's very much a villain. Not a very good one character wise. But the fact that he's a money hoarding part timer and many still cheer for him says more about the fanbase than him as a villain. 

4 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

What about Brock Lesnar?

He's a monster heel. His only issue now is that people are tired of him and just want him to finally drop the belt, but he's really good at what he does

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, A.V. said:

IYO, who was more intolerable: her... or Wesley Crusher?

Honestly, Janeway was, at the very least because she's an f***ing captain. How does somebody as moronic as her  even get through Star Fleet Academy, let alone get to the rank of Captain? It really doesn't help that at least Wesley Crusher (to a degree) got some sort of punishment for his idiocy, and she, didn't really. It doesn't help that she's a freaking huge hypocrite, and was downright bullying Seven of Nine for the whole of the fourth f***ing season. I actually hate her, and I can't quite say that about Wesley Crusher because I only found him a little annoying, instead of downright despicable.

Edited by A Wild Barik Main
  • Brohoof 1

Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny)

Kirito (Sword Art Online)

Wesley Crusher

On 4/24/2018 at 11:32 PM, A Wild Barik Main said:

Honestly, Janeway was, at the very least because she's an f***ing captain. How does somebody as moronic as her  even get through Star Fleet Academy, let alone get to the rank of Captain? It really doesn't help that at least Wesley Crusher (to a degree) got some sort of punishment for his idiocy, and she, didn't really. It doesn't help that she's a freaking huge hypocrite, and was downright bullying Seven of Nine for the whole of the fourth f***ing season. I actually hate her, and I can't quite say that about Wesley Crusher because I only found him a little annoying, instead of downright despicable.

The writers tried to make Janeway like the female version of Kirk who can think outside the box. She is a hypocrite throughout the series and had no problem abusing members of the crew, especially Harry. The problem with Wesley was that the writers made him the blueprint of how to write a Mary Sue (Gary Stu) character. He's automatically smarter than all of the adults, everyone adores him (except for Picard at first) and ask for his help, and he has no flaws except that he's a kid. Whenever Wesley is involved, the other characters are written to be stupid so that Wesley can save the day. He's supposed to be 14 years old not an officer.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, A.V. said:

The Other M versions of Samus Aran and Adam Malkovich.

Worst Metroid -- and those 2 are the main reasons why.

I agree. Samus is someone who, in my opinion, is a woman of very few words. She lets her actions speak for herself and monologues to herself. Only, in the Prime Trilogy, I think of the player in her shoes as the one who monologues while playing the game. 

Samus should not speak. Or at least, say few words.

Emil from Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World is a balless little pansy who is such a doormat that he lets an entire town treat him like garbage and yet he never stands up for himself, he spends the entire game crying like a little bitch while letting Marta wear the pants of their relationship, pretty much doing all the defending and hard work for him. He's easily one of the worst protagonists in the Tales series, which considering its the same series that has Asbel Lhant and early-game Luke Von Fabre, is saying a lot, and is one of the worst main characters in a JRPG I have ever played, which is also saying a lot

(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, Envy said:

Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins)

Not only is he overpowered just because, but he also regularly sexually assaults the female protagonist. Yes, I'm calling it what it is. It is played up so lightly in that show. Like it's not even the accidental falling into a female character's breasts you typically see in anime, it's just straight-up groping... First happening when she is unconscious, and the show always tries to play it up as "cute", but it's really gross.

If he were just a cliche overpowered protagonist without all of that, I wouldn't even be mentioning him here, but that is grounds for the worst protagonist for me. I'm sure there are other toxic ones out there that I don't know of or am just not thinking of.

Uh, everyone in sds is overpowered as all hay. Although, I do have to agree with the assult. Although it's not called assault cause Elizabeth is actually only 16. 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, Twilight Luna said:

Kirito (Sword Art Online)

You just jumped down a rabbit hole my friend. I have this argument with my boyfriend all the time. 

images.png.040b7ba704c933232a24b2f9d186a7ad.png What is honestly so wrong with him? Just cause he's pretty op doesn't make him a bad character.

Edited by BlueBook

15 minutes ago, BlueBook said:

Uh, everyone in sds is overpowered as all hay. Although, I do have to agree with the assult. Although it's not called assault cause Elizabeth is actually only 16. 

You just jumped down a rabbit hole my friend. I have this argument with my boyfriend all the time. 

images.png.040b7ba704c933232a24b2f9d186a7ad.png What is honestly so wrong with him? Just cause he's pretty op doesn't make him a bad character.

Tell him to look up Gary Stu in the dictionary and he'll see Kirito there. Automatically stronger than everyone in the show? Check. Has a harem? Check. Everyone adores him? Check.

As they could both be consider 'protagonists', I nominate both Light and L from Death Note. Death Note is a show I wanted to love, but by episode 19 or so, I absolutely hated it and these two characters are why. They seem interesting at first with their ways of thinking and problem solving but then I realized that is literally all they do. They quickly become Gary Stu's and they love it, the writers clearly were proud of their work here because they eventually would not stop showing just how amazing these two guys are. Light is apparently not only the perfect psychopath and perfect killer, but he doubles as a perfect son, perfect student and an ultra mega genius as well. Wowee, never seen garbage like that in anime before, definitely not. L is hardly any better. It reminded me just how much of a love/hate relationship I have with anime in general. 

I recently started playing Fire Emblem Warriors. The two protagonists in that game, Rowan and Lianna are pretty lame. 

• Brohoof 1

The DCEU version of Batman -- a.k.a. Crazy Steve (as Linkara would say).

As someone on TV Tropes put it:

They showed Batman not only killing some people, but also branding them as well after, so even if they survive and are taken to jail, it's implied that they will be killed in prison. This not only goes against his entire character but it's mentioned that The Joker is alive and in prison. And prior to this mess of a film, that he had killed Robin. What the heck?! Batman, you're telling me you are willing to kill some two bit thugs who rob places but you are still outright refusing to kill Joker after he brutally murdered Robin and several other people?! No wonder DC is eating Marvel's dust, and it looks like they will continue to do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Franklin from GTA V. Talk about an ungrateful, ignorant, disloyal, whiny protagonist that has little to do with the story. For real, if he was removed it would have no effect on the plot. Not to mention they advertised this character as if he could compete with CJ from San Andreas. First few missions and he's already running away from the gangster life. What a boring character.