Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mysterycat

(edited)

Hello. I decided to write this little fanfic because of the episode "Applebuck Season". In it, Applejack is staying up all night bucking apples so she is sleepy and mishears ingredients, which leads to some muffins being made that give some background ponies food poisoning. They're all fine now, but I imagined what if after getting better, Lyra becomes afraid to eat muffins again because she's worried she'll get food poisoning again? Then, I came up with this. It's mostly dialogue, and very short, but it's my first attempt at MLP fanfic.

One morning, Lyra was prancing down the streets of Ponyville. She thought she'd stop for breakfast at Sugarcube Corner. When she got there, Bon Bon was sitting at a table, eating a muffin.

"Hey, Lyra!" said Bon Bob, "want some of my muffin?".

"Umm...no thanks," said Lyra, backing away hesitantly.

"What?!" said Bon Bon, "that's not like you, Lyra! Normally, you barely leave any for me!"

Lyra giggled. She was used to teasing like this from her best friend. "Well, the thing is, I'm scared," she said.

"Scared?! Why in Equestria would you be scared of muffins?!" said Bon Bon.

"Well, remember a few days ago when we ate those muffins and got sick? Pinkie Pie herself said that they weren't baked goods, but rather baked bads. I don't want to get sick again!".

"Ly, it was a fluke!" said Bon Bon, "Pinkie said that she will always check the ingredients before making the muffins, and besides, they tasted terrible. We would've spat them out but we were afraid of being rude. But I say that if you don't like it, just spit it out."

Just then, Pinkie Pie bounded over. "What's going on, you two wacky mares?" she said.

"It's Lyra," said Bon Bon, "she's worried that the Baked Bads incident will happen again so she doesn't want to eat a muffin."

"Don't worry, Lyra," said Pinkie Pie, "I now have a policy against having ponies who are sleepy help make the cakes, I check to see what they put and discard any muffins with yucky ingredients."

She said this all in one breath, lay her head on her front hooves at the word "sleepy", and made a silly disgusted face at the word, "yucky".

By this time, Bon Bon had finished her muffin, so Pinkie Pie ran out and got Lyra another muffin.

She set down the muffin and said, as though Lyra was a stubborn foal, "Come on, Lyra-Wyra, just one bite!"

Lyra leaned over the muffin and drooled, but she still looked hesitant.

Then, Pinkie Pie burst into song, singing very quickly to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer:

"Lyra should eat the muffin.

'Cause it's very nice and sweet.

She's always liked my muffins.

And I'll make sure they're good to eat.

Bon Bon ate hers and she's fine.

Lyra will like hers, I bet.

And if she eats the muffin,

She'll be very happy yet!"

With each lyric, Lyra's eyes and mouth opened wider and wider and she leaned in closer to the muffin, eventually taking one little bite.

It tasted so good that she instantly forgot about being scared and scarfed down the whole thing.

"Atta filly, Lyra," said Bon Bon.

Lyra gave a satisfied smile and hoof-bumped Bon Bon, the two went on their merry way, and Lyra was never afraid to eat a muffin again.

Edited by Mysterycat