Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow Dash destined to be Wonderbolt captain?

FlareGun45

Just because Rainbow is a Wonderbolt now doesn't mean her arc is completed! I'm thinking she might be able to climb the ranks until she reaches Spitfire's position after doing something heroic, and then Spitfire could step-down or something!

I think this might be saved for the final Wonderbolt episode though. Let's see how Rainbow handles the cadets! ;)

I find it possible that Rainbow can make her up the ranks to captain, but as of right now it seems unlikely. Spitfire is a pretty lovable character and I find it unrealistic to see her retiring or stepping down anytime soon. However, I could see Hasbro make an episode where Spitfire injures herself or causes her to step down for a brief period of time, leaving Rainbow Dash in charge. But I can't see Rainbow taking over the rank of Captain, on a permanent basis, anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really like thinking about "destiny." I think Rainbow is certainly capable of achieving that, but it'll probably be some time yet before Spitfire steps down, and it's surely not inevitable. I don't know if we'll see Rainbow become captain in the show; I'm sure she'd be happy to take the mantle, but she seems very content to just be part of the team. I bet she'd protest that she's not worthy - for all her bluster, she's never actually seemed to buy into it entirely. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Rainbow Dash secretly desired to be the leader of the Wonderbolts. For the time being, she seems content with being one of them but you never know what the writers will come up with next.

Yes. Though I'd be surprised if she'd do it before the end of the series. Spitfire and Soarin seem to have a lot of life left in them yet as co-captains. Though I suppose Soarin would be the more likely one to retire. (Boo)

• Brohoof 1

If it actually happened, hopefully it would be a better conclusion to her arc than fucking Newbie Dash was

• Brohoof 2

Not counting Thunderlane, Rainbow Dash is the newest recruit on the team. If Spitfire were to step down as Captain, even temporarily, a senior Wonderbolt would become the new Captain by default, most likely Soarin'. Rarity Investigates has already proven this as, when Spitfire disappeared due to Wind Rider's meddling, it was Soarin' who stepped in and issued commands in her place.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Not counting Thunderlane, Rainbow Dash is the newest recruit on the team. If Spitfire were to step down as Captain, even temporarily, a senior Wonderbolt would become the new Captain by default, most likely Soarin'. Rarity Investigates has already proven this as, when Spitfire disappeared due to Wind Rider's meddling, it was Soarin' who stepped in and issued commands in her place.

But how not counting Thunderlane? :o Thunderlane will also be the new captain of the wonderbolts that shows in season 7 episode: Marks and Recreation very similar to Rainbow dash. Scootaloo admires Rainbow dash and Rumble admires Thunderlane. 

Edited by Van123

But what about Rainbow’s duties in the friendship school?

She aslo has other things to do. The map, visit Las Vegas, Eat disgusting pies, save Equestria, minimize her ego, e.t.c.

• Brohoof 1