Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Marvel Comics Roleplay OCC

HellsWriter

On 4/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, SmokeSong said:

No there is still room. Canon Characters prefered.

That may prove difficult if we aren't using wakanda as the setting. Netflix characters would definitely be free. Heck I may want to play one along with my character. I think Jessica Jones and Fiona would deSPISE each other lol. 

With that said, I think we should really start hammering down what the story is going to be about and where it's going to take place in. I've already expressed my concerns that we'd be putting ourselves into a rather narrow and rigid box if we place ourselves in Wakanda right before the movie comes out. Personally I recommend a city like New York. It's where a lot of comic lore can be used rather seamlessly and it's a big enough sandbox that we wouldn't be screwing with canon too much. 

If we do want to be interacting with the Avengers team proper, I'd maybe suggest turning the clock back to the beginning and introducing our characters around the same time as Iron man was making his debut. That way we'd be starting with an AU from the start as supposed to shoehorning us into just before the next movie. 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/13/2018 at 9:11 PM, Buck Testa said:

With that said, I think we should really start hammering down what the story is going to be about and where it's going to take place in. I've already expressed my concerns that we'd be putting ourselves into a rather narrow and rigid box if we place ourselves in Wakanda right before the movie comes out. Personally I recommend a city like New York. It's where a lot of comic lore can be used rather seamlessly and it's a big enough sandbox that we wouldn't be screwing with canon too much. 

If we do want to be interacting with the Avengers team proper, I'd maybe suggest turning the clock back to the beginning and introducing our characters around the same time as Iron man was making his debut. That way we'd be starting with an AU from the start as supposed to shoehorning us into just before the next movie. 

Excellent idea. For the Wakandan setting, we would be interacting with a lot more characters than manageable, especially if we started where the action is. It’s probably best if we stick to the Iron Man idea. Also NYC is a good idea. 

We should also design which canon character we will encounter and what our relations will be with him/her. 

Also, should we do something about loadouts (weapons and gear)? I’ll post mine just in case. 

Weapons:

Primary Weapon: Protobeam Rifle (self-designed)

Protobeams shoot at a rate of 150/second, and they cause deterioration of materials and organic matter. They hurt like the dickens, too.

Secondary: Terminus Electrode pistol (self-designed)

This pistol launches actual orbs of concentrated electricity, and the orbs can be charged for higher damage.

Equipment: 

1x Enigma Mk. 4 Codebreaker (handheld hacking tool, self-designed)

This codebreaker can, with the right user, tap into virtually any computer system. However, this can take time  

1x Scan Headset (self-designed)

This headset, which looks like a pair of glasses, can identify almost anything. It can give information on people, access the Internet, and access weapons to fire remotely. 

1x Comms Unit (internally wired into glasses)

Just your average, everyday comms unit.

1x Batrachotoxin Synth V (suicide pill)

Kills you within 5-10 seconds of ingesting. 

Edited by Brilliance

1 hour ago, Brilliance said:

Excellent idea. For the Wakandan setting, we would be interacting with a lot more characters than manageable, especially if we started where the action is. It’s probably best if we stick to the Iron Man idea. Also NYC is a good idea. 

We should also design which canon character we will encounter and what our relations will be with him/her. 

Also, should we do something about loadouts (weapons and gear)? I’ll post mine just in case. 

Weapons:

Primary Weapon: Protobeam Rifle (self-designed)

Secondary: Terminus Electrode pistol (self-designed)

Equipment: 

1x Enigma Mk. 4 Codebreaker (handheld hacking tool)

1x Comms Unit (internally wired into glasses)

1x Batrachotoxin Synth V (suicide pill)

I think the best place to really start in the timeline now that I'm looking at it is shortly after the first Avengers Movie. The battle with Loki and aliens happened, the world is aware of super people now but is largely in the dark of just how many of them there are, and it's also the jumping off point for the Netflix end of the universe. 

This would mean, if we go with this idea, that we'd be in the phase 2 section of the MCU timeline. 

during this part in the timeline a few things were going on. 

Iron man is an established figure heading into the Iron man 3 movie.

Daredevil doesn't have his costume yet and is just starting his season 1, meaning Wilson Fisk is still in power as well as the Hand.

Jessica Jones is monitoring Luke Cage's Bar and hasn't started her season yet. 

Agents of Shield is starting (haven't watched this show so i'll have to defer that to whoever has seen it).

Doctor Strange is still a doctor at this point, however he does eventually start his journey around this point in the timeline and ends his first movie AFTER Civil War. 

Thor the dark world will be taking place during this phase (and be swiftly forgotten because really what happened in that movie) 

Captain America will eventually be running into a brainwashed Bucky Barns. Till then he's working with Shield with Black Widow

Ant Man movie hasn't started yet but will during this phase. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

I think the best place to really start in the timeline now that I'm looking at it is shortly after the first Avengers Movie. The battle with Loki and aliens happened, the world is aware of super people now but is largely in the dark of just how many of them there are, and it's also the jumping off point for the Netflix end of the universe. 

This would mean, if we go with this idea, that we'd be in the phase 2 section of the MCU timeline. 

during this part in the timeline a few things were going on. 

Iron man is an established figure heading into the Iron man 3 movie.

Daredevil doesn't have his costume yet and is just starting his season 1, meaning Wilson Fisk is still in power as well as the Hand.

Jessica Jones is monitoring Luke Cage's Bar and hasn't started her season yet. 

Agents of Shield is starting (haven't watched this show so i'll have to defer that to whoever has seen it).

Doctor Strange is still a doctor at this point, however he does eventually start his journey around this point in the timeline and ends his first movie AFTER Civil War. 

Thor the dark world will be taking place during this phase (and be swiftly forgotten because really what happened in that movie) 

Captain America will eventually be running into a brainwashed Bucky Barns. Till then he's working with Shield with Black Widow

Ant Man movie hasn't started yet but will during this phase. 

Sounds good. Only thing is that Iron Man’s declaration could be better for plot purposes than the Avengers could be, although only from a story-fitting point. Avengers is the best part to start in. 

10 minutes ago, Brilliance said:

Sounds good. Only thing is that Iron Man’s declaration could be better for plot purposes than the Avengers could be, although only from a story-fitting point. Avengers is the best part to start in. 

If we start with the First Iron Man movie There are a few things to keep in mind

1. Other than Iron Man, no other super people have made their presence publicly known yet. 

2. Nick Fury could be a way our characters meet

3. Captain America hasn't been thawed yet 

4. Thor hasn't been sent to Earth yet 

5. It will definitely be some time before Strange starts his journey

6. Shield's name hasn't been hammered down yet? (I think anyway) 

7. Hulk hasn't been recovered by Shield yet. 

8. Wilson Fisk, Loki, The Hand, and Killgrave are all active players who have not been dealt with. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

If we start with the First Iron Man movie There are a few things to keep in mind

1. Other than Iron Man, no other super people have made their presence publicly known yet. 

2. Nick Fury could be a way our characters meet

3. Captain America hasn't been thawed yet 

4. Thor hasn't been sent to Earth yet 

5. It will definitely be some time before Strange starts his journey

6. Shield's name hasn't been hammered down yet? (I think anyway) 

7. Hulk hasn't been recovered by Shield yet. 

8. Wilson Fisk, Loki, The Hand, and Killgrave are all active players who have not been dealt with. 

Shield existed way before Iron Man, just didn’t operate around heroes. 

Loki is still offworld, still negotiating with Thanos about the Tesseract. 

Other than that, you’re right. 

@SmokeSong @Brilliance

Yes, Shield was around before Iron Man, however their NAME hadn't been finalized. If you remember there was a running gag of them trying to say their organizations name but it was too long, so the abbreviated it to shield. 

Loki is still an upcoming threat, even if he is off world, which is why I brought him up. 

As for Loudout/equipment for Fiona Tepes 

Fiona has an armory of weapons from the middle ages. She's formally trained in everything from Swords to Spears to Bows and arrows. However she has not kept up with modern day weapons much at all. While there were guns in her time, they were highly inefficient and more novelty than effective weaponry. She is annoyed that they've become the weapon of choice in modern times. While she doesn't carry these weapons around on the street, if you choose to fight her in her mansion you're going to have a bad time. 

Fiona also has a Sling Ring. Unlike the ones that The Ancient One hands out to her followers, Fiona had hers made of far more expensive materials and embedded with jewelry. 

She has a wardrobe of clothing and armor amassed over the centuries.

One particular set of armor is for when she plans to go into intense battle. It was forged with by her father and imbued with strength enhancing magic. While wearing this set of armor, She is twice as strong and affords protection against anti vampiric weapons. It's unclear how it would stand up to Judas bullets however. She will only wear this armor when planning for combat against perilous foes that could kill her. 

Normally however she's content to wear regal dresses filled with lace and frills, as her ni-invulnerability and strength more than makes up for the lack of protection these clothes provide. In public she can wear more modern attire, but she feels quite uncomfortable and under-dressed in them. 

Aside from that, her own body and fangs are more than enough to be weapons on their own. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

Ok I've had an idea for a character i'd like to play, though I can change him if needs be since he is quite similar to Brilliance's character (I promise I'm not ripping him off XD)

Pronunciation(s):
Nickname(s): N/A
Sign: Libra
Birthday: September 23rd
Relatives: Father
Appearance: Combed back black hair, pale skin
Body: Normal, maybe slightly toned
Outfits: At home: dark coloured shirt and black trousers, Anywhere else: dark coloured suit
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 13 stone
Personality: Arrogant, cocky, a jerk, extremely introverted
-        Positive Traits       -
Extremely smart
-        Negative Traits       -

Sociopath, cocky, arrogant, rude, a jerk, very bad temper
Likes: Being better than everyone else, being alone, money
Dislikes: Idiots, people, anyone with an equal or greater intelligence to him, being wrong
Fears: Deep water, socializing
Quirks: Drinks an unhealthy amount of wine, 
Turn On's: N/A
Turn Offs: N/A
History: As a child Lucius made a large amount of money by helping gangs and selling them experimental tech for them to use, when his father found out Lucius got chucked out. This event however never deterred him and he continued to do so, eventually making deals with larger legal, and not so legal sources allowing him to amass a large about of wealth, though lives in seclusion and never leaves his home if he can help it. 
Quotes: "Screw the rules I have money!"
Extra: Obsessed with robots/AI's/robotic enhancement, Often buys tech from Stark Industries and other advanced tech companies and tries to reverse engineer them, not a bad guy but not a good guy either, when comparing him to an actual villain he's like the dictionary definition of "lesser of two evils", often hacks into places and messes with stuff when bored (like the stock market)

Once again if it's too similar to Brilliance's character I can change. I also just realized I basically made a slightly evil Tony Stark XD.

Edited by Skylord Nexus

1 hour ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Ok I've had an idea for a character i'd like to play, though I can change him if needs be since he is quite similar to Brilliance's character (I promise I'm not ripping him off XD)

Pronunciation(s):
Nickname(s): N/A
Sign: Libra
Birthday: September 23rd
Relatives: Father
Appearance: Combed back black hair, pale skin
Body: Normal, maybe slightly toned
Outfits: At home: dark coloured shirt and black trousers, Anywhere else: dark coloured suit
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 13 stone
Personality: Arrogant, cocky, a jerk, extremely introverted
-        Positive Traits       -
Extremely smart
-        Negative Traits       -

Sociopath, cocky, arrogant, rude, a jerk, very bad temper
Likes: Being better than everyone else, being alone, money
Dislikes: Idiots, people, anyone with an equal or greater intelligence to him, being wrong
Fears: Deep water, socializing
Quirks: Drinks an unhealthy amount of wine, 
Turn On's: N/A
Turn Offs: N/A
History: As a child Lucius made a large amount of money by helping gangs and selling them experimental tech for them to use, when his father found out Lucius got chucked out. This event however never deterred him and he continued to do so, eventually making deals with larger legal, and not so legal sources allowing him to amass a large about of wealth, though lives in seclusion and never leaves his home if he can help it. 
Quotes: "Screw the rules I have money!"
Extra: Obsessed with robots/AI's/robotic enhancement, Often buys tech from Stark Industries and other advanced tech companies and tries to reverse engineer them, not a bad guy but not a good guy either, when comparing him to an actual villain he's like the dictionary definition of "lesser of two evils", often hacks into places and messes with stuff when bored (like the stock market)

Once again if it's too similar to Brilliance's character I can change. I also just realized I basically made a slightly evil Tony Stark XD.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if you changed him, but you could just downplay the techie side of him and emphasize the “crime lord” side of him. It would crush the similarities. 

34 minutes ago, Brilliance said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if you changed him, but you could just downplay the techie side of him and emphasize the “crime lord” side of him. It would crush the similarities.

My problem with that would be that i'd prefer to have a more morally grey character and if he was just a crime lord I don't know how well he'd fit into everything. I could deviate in such a way where he's less of an inventor and more of a straight up hacker? Though I imagine that's probably still too similar.

Edited by Skylord Nexus
  • Brohoof 1

@Skylord Nexus

We are a bit sparse on people with powers in the team. I'm fairly positive my character is the only one in the group rocking an actual powerset. The other two are just skilled fighters and hackers. Perhaps a character with some kind of power is in order? Mine is probably going to be the resident tank of the group. 

22 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

@Skylord Nexus

We are a bit sparse on people with powers in the team. I'm fairly positive my character is the only one in the group rocking an actual powerset. The other two are just skilled fighters and hackers. Perhaps a character with some kind of power is in order? Mine is probably going to be the resident tank of the group. 

Do you want me to improve? I was going for the resident “Tony Stark” character, because that one of my favorite playstyles. I can also use another character of mine, Elizabeth Ivo, who is psychokinetic. And yes, I prepped a backup. 

Edited by Brilliance

9 minutes ago, Brilliance said:

Do you want me to improve? I was going for the resident “Tony Stark” character, because that one of my favorite playstyles. I can also use another character of mine, Elizabeth Ivo, who is psychokinetic.

I think you're fine. You fill a good support role for a modern setting. Hacker, specially designed weaponry, communications skills, ect. We also have the assassin character, which would fill a more Black widow Rogue role. My character is a subversion on the brutish tank class as she is both classy and has some magical abilities. I'm thinking something like a glass cannon would be a good idea for @Skylord Nexus. Someone with some real damage output ability but not very physically tough. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

I think you're fine. You fill a good support role for a modern setting. Hacker, specially designed weaponry, communications skills, ect. We also have the assassin character, which would fill a more Black widow Rogue role. My character is a subversion on the brutish tank class as she is both classy and has some magical abilities. I'm thinking something like a glass cannon would be a good idea for @Skylord Nexus. Someone with some real damage output ability but not very physically tough. 

Cool. I like London anyway. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Brilliance said:

I was going for the resident “Tony Stark” character, because that one of my favorite playstyles

Same with me, which probably explains I thing or two XD

7 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

something like a glass cannon

Ok I can try an think something up, maybe something to do with electricity then I can keep somewhat of a techie theme without actually using tech, so more like he understands how it all works, but doesn't really get into it.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Same with me, which probably explains I thing or two XD

Ok I can try an think something up, maybe something to do with electricity then I can keep somewhat of a techie theme without actually using tech, so more like he understands how it all works, but doesn't really get into it.

Sounds awesome! Then I get to keep my techie! Plus electricity is a totally good glass cannon.

I'm just trying to think of a reason for the powers. The obvious one is mutant, but I feel I can't explore that much. My other thought is that he made enhancements to his body which allows him harness and manipulate energy, and that would also fit into his obsession with human enhancement, but I'm not sure. What are you guys thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

I'm just trying to think of a reason for the powers. The obvious one is mutant, but I feel I can't explore that much. My other thought is that he made enhancements to his body which allows him harness and manipulate energy, and that would also fit into his obsession with human enhancement, but I'm not sure. What are you guys thoughts?

So far in the MCU, "mutants" haven't really been introduced. It's almost exclusively Mutates (think spidey, hulk, fantastic 4, ect) and Aliens with powers.

There is an existing group in the MCU that we could use. IGH, known as Power Broker Inc in the comics, is an organization that experiments on people ran by Karl Malus. He's responsible for Jessica Jones powers. In the MCU, they'd pick people who had nobody and ended up in the ER, and they would pay to have them wheeled into their labs to work on. After they are done they put them back out into the world. 

OsCorp is another organization that could be the source of power and could tie in Spider-Man. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

So far in the MCU, "mutants" haven't really been introduced. It's almost exclusively Mutates (think spidey, hulk, fantastic 4, ect) and Aliens with powers.

There is an existing group in the MCU that we could use. IGH, known as Power Broker Inc in the comics, is an organization that experiments on people ran by Karl Malus. He's responsible for Jessica Jones powers. In the MCU, they'd pick people who had nobody and ended up in the ER, and they would pay to have them wheeled into their labs to work on. After they are done they put them back out into the world. 

OsCorp is another organization that could be the source of power and could tie in Spider-Man. 

Well yeah but mutants still exist they just aren't commonly in the line light.

I feel like OsCorp would probably be the kind of company Lucius would deal with. I wouldn't really imagine him going for Power Brockers Inc. 

53 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Well yeah but mutants still exist they just aren't commonly in the line light.

I feel like OsCorp would probably be the kind of company Lucius would deal with. I wouldn't really imagine him going for Power Brockers Inc. 

The phrase you're looking for is Limelight. Its an old type of stage lighting.

Mutants haven't been officially introduced, and they would be hard to miss considering how powerful some of them are. If they ever do bring in mutants I'll be interested in how they pull that off.

Yes I think OsCorp would probably suit your character idea better. In several versions of Spider-Man lore, OsCorp is responsible for a lot of his villains. Usually it's in the form of powesuits and permanent alterations.