Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S08:E11 - Molt Down

Will Guide

The Molt Down  

107 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• This episode stinks worse than the Molt Smell (HATE IT!)
    • This episode makes me break out in itchy red spots. (Dislike it)
    • This episode was OKAY! Sorry, volume shifts (Meh)
    • This episode adds a splash of color to my day (Like it)
    • Like Spike can now, this episode SOARS! (LOVE IT!)

(edited)

Title: Molt Down

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): May 26th, 11:30am EST

Writer(s): Josh Haber

Summary: Spike struggles with a series of Bizarre symptoms that Smolder explains is something all dragons go through in adolescence-- "the molt." To Spike's horror, Smolder also reveals an unfortunate "molt side-effect," that compels a molter's family to kick them out of the house!

Edited by Will Guide
Removed unnecessary and outdated info about leaks
  • Brohoof 3

19 hours ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

Note #1: This is one of the episodes leaked a few weeks ago.

Wasn't it leaked last year tho :dash: ?

Anyway, this episode was the shit :yay: 

Edited by Steve Piranha

Can't wait to see the final version of this episode as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the interactions between Spike and Smolder. I only watched it once to keep it as fresh as it can possibly be when it officially airs. So just like with episode 10, I'm a little hazy on all of the details now.

The real payoff for this episode (not that I wasn't giddy by the end of this one, mind you :D ) will be how the circumstances surrounding the events of this episode affect the rest of the G4 series moving forward. Things will be different, that's for sure - though if season 4 was any indicator, maybe not all that different. :twi:

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to S08:E11 - Molt Down
  • 2 weeks later...

Huh..... 

Spoiler

Smolder says that dragons are kicked out once they molt and gain wings. This is despite the fact that Ember, whom Smolder KNOWS is personal friends with Spike, has been shown to have lived with her father at least up until becoming Dragon Lord herself, despite having wings since before her debut episode. Kinda punches holes in her story.

2 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Huh..... 

Reveal hidden contents

Smolder says that dragons are kicked out once they molt and gain wings. This is despite the fact that Ember, whom Smolder KNOWS is personal friends with Spike, has been shown to have lived with her father at least up until becoming Dragon Lord herself, despite having wings since before her debut episode. Kinda punches holes in her story.

Spoiler

My thinking is after the molt goes through it's run and the dragon gets their wings, the kid has the option of moving back in instead of starting a hoard.

That is probably a rare occurrence due to the nature of dragons. Also there may be special circumstances with Ember since she was essentially a princess.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:24 PM, Truffles said:

Hide contents

My thinking is after the molt goes through it's run and the dragon gets their wings, the kid has the option of moving back in instead of starting a hoard.

That is probably a rare occurrence due to the nature of dragons. Also there may be special circumstances with Ember since she was essentially a princess.

Spoiler

Maybe Smolder is just messing with Spike. I mean, it's not like gaining wings makes a dragon more aggressive like that war-hangry Garble! Maybe it makes them stinky and very unappealing to ponies like Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/23/2018 at 8:43 AM, ggg-2 said:
  Hide contents

Well, Spike's not special anymore.

Spoiler

You're Crazy. He's still Special.

15 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:
  Hide contents

Maybe Smolder is just messing with Spike. I mean, it's not like gaining wings makes a dragon more aggressive like that war-hangry Garble! Maybe it makes them stinky and very unappealing to ponies like Rarity.

Let's wait until AFTER the episode. You'll likely get your answer then.

• This topic was featured and pinned
11 hours ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

You're Crazy. He's still Special.

Spoiler

As of this episode, Spike is no longer a wingless dragon (the only wingless dragon seen thus far) and is also no longer the only friendly dragon in the series.