The Molt Down  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• This episode stinks worse than the Molt Smell (HATE IT!)
    • This episode makes me break out in itchy red spots. (Dislike it)
    • This episode was OKAY! Sorry, volume shifts (Meh)
    • This episode adds a splash of color to my day (Like it)
    • Like Spike can now, this episode SOARS! (LOVE IT!)

This episode is okay. There's not much that really sticks out to me one way or the other, though I am leaning more positively. Spike getting his wings, and the third act as a whole is cool, but the rest of the episode is feels a bit too plain. Most of the jokes in the episode are about how awkward Spike feels and about Rarity's stuffed ears. These jokes are funny at first, but get old very quickly. The episode's funniest moments are when it breaks from these two formulas, though it doesn't do it often enough.

Seeing Peewee again is nice though.

Score: 6/10

On 5/26/2018 at 10:44 PM, ShootingStar159 said:

LAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRSOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Even with wings, Spike is still a punching bag.

"Greed induced bigness." If that was true, Spike would of just been a gigantic version of his baby self, and still keep his voice. But he wasn't just growing larger. His voice deepened so much that he was able to roar. He also gained adult features and his body elongated, becoming so different that he wasn't even recognized by others.

Idk where to watch this episode with a good quality

1 hour ago, Kevin Tang said:

Idk where to watch this episode with a good quality

Will make it to prime and netflix eventually - worst case, if you can't find a decent copy elsewhere, you can watch a blind reaction on youtube for it...

I did enjoy this episode especially because it shows Spike is growing up and to be honest I was wondering when he'd get wings. The overall moral of this episode was well done and I loved seeing Spike so embarrassed over the changes he was going through, they were very relatable for me. I also enjoyed seeing his interaction with Smolder who seemed to know exactly what was going on with Spike. 9/10 episode.

Okay, I'm only just past the theme song trying to catch up. (If only because I'm sick of Derpibooru drip feeding me a steady stream of spoilers.) I can NOT be the only one who winces at Spike's sores! Like I've been watching Father Brown on Netflix and there's this episode where this poor girl has terrible radiation scars on her back. They didn't look as bad on a live action person than Spike's acne does in animation! And both Rarity and Twilight are treating it like it's no big deal. If I had a kid with acne that bad, I'd get him to a hospital!

Sorry for the excessive exclamations, I don't know why this triggered me seeing as my own acne never really bothered me nor ever got that bad.

Addendum to the above: Twilight said for Spike to go somewhere less flammable. 

Me: "Your castle is made of rock!" :stressed:

Edited by Steel Accord

6 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

Okay, I'm only just past the theme song trying to catch up. (If only because I'm sick of Derpibooru drip feeding me a steady stream of spoilers.) I can NOT be the only one who winces at Spike's sores! Like I've been watching Father Brown on Netflix and there's this episode where this poor girl has terrible radiation scars on her back. They didn't look as bad on a live action person than Spike's acne does in animation! And both Rarity and Twilight are treating it like it's no big deal. If I had a kid with acne that bad, I'd get him to a hospital!

Sorry for the excessive exclamations, I don't know why this triggered me seeing as my own acne never really bothered me nor ever got that bad.

Addendum to the above: Twilight said for Spike to go somewhere less flammable. 

Me: "Your castle is made of rock!" :stressed:

Maybe she just meant a room that hadn't been furnished yet.

This episode was pretty good I am actually surprised I always thought Spike was Drake aka a type of dragon that doesn't grow wings.